Livingston v Accies 12.09

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Livingston v Accies 12.09

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:04 pm

Afternoon All,

The club once again will be live streaming this Saturday's match on a similar set up to that of the Motherwell game.

Doors open from 12 noon. Enjoy our new Accies beef burger on a bap and then watch some Accies TV highlights with the comfort of a beverage of your choice from the pay bar, There is more at half time with pies,cakes and biscuits provided.

This will be £15 per person, with us adhering to social distancing rules we have a restricted number of spaces available and this will be booked on a first come first served basis.

If you would like to book then please email gillian@acciesfc.co.uk
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Re: Livingston v Accies 12.09

Postby Bluesy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi Sean, is there a link for watching it in the house?
I take it they are showing the game on Livi TV
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:46 pm

Well we don’t appear to have emerged from the international break in a stronger position. No additional signings and Lee Hodson is now out self isolating for 2 weeks from the 8th. Perhaps Temps will be fully fit and given Collar got 45 minutes in a bounce game maybe he will feature. Hamilton in for Hodson! We played Livi 3 times last season losing, winning at home and drawing 0 - 0 away. These are the games we need 3 points from but another draw or narrow defeat for us seems the likeliest outcome. £20 apparently to watch this one.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Alty accie » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:30 pm

Where is it watchable? There is no " Livi TV"
Alty accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:45 pm

£20 per stream

Register here http://ppv.livingstonfc.co.uk/login

£15 at the club including burger and half time pie all monies go to the club from the function suite now.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:13 am

Got to give young Kyle Munro a chance at left back surely here with Hudson and McMann missing.

A game we have to take at least a point but with a weakened defence and a crap midfield it will be difficult for sure.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby The Goalie » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:52 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Got to give young Kyle Munro a chance at left back surely here with Hudson and McMann missing.

A game we have to take at least a point but with a weakened defence and a crap midfield it will be difficult for sure.

Going by players available I would select a 4 - 1 - 3 - 1 - 1 formation;

Fulton
Odoffin Want Hamilton Munro
Martin
Johnson Callachan Smith
Templeton
Ogkmpoe

I wonder if I'll get a full house with my Bingo selection?
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:17 pm

The Goalie wrote:Fulton
Odoffin Want Hamilton Munro
Martin
Johnson Callachan Smith
Templeton
Ogkmpoe

I wonder if I'll get a full house with my Bingo selection?

I'd have Minmaugh in there for his set piece abilities and I'd be nervous about giving Munro absolutely no protection in front of him. Defence seems to pick itself but other possibility is a back 3 of Odoffin, Want & Hamilton with Martin playing right wing back and Munro left wing back.

The reality is that it's almost impossible to predict tomorrow's line up and until Rice finally decides on a preferred formation and style of play then we'll continue to see an element of "selection bingo". After almost 2 years under Brian Rice can anyone tell me what type of team we're supposed to be?

The contrast is the side we play tomorrow a team who knows exactly what they are trying to do and seldom deviate from Plan A and have done well as a result. Their transfer policy and market isn't too different from ours but their success rate is so much higher because players can settle in so much easier when they have a clear understanding in their roles - lessons to learn!
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:23 pm

Well if ur going to lose a goal you might as well do it in the first minute. That said I wasn’t confident we would score one let alone 2. Couple of chances in the first half from Temps but not a lot else. Second half our best 2 players Temps and Odoffin give us an equaliser and it was aTemps cross that young Kyle met with a bullet header and 3 points secured. Thought Callaghan had a solid performance as well. After 6 games last season we were on 5 points so were 1 better off. Fortunately the noise from off the park mostly drowned out our commentators so that was an added bonus.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:16 pm

Brilliant just brilliant!
Didn’t see it coming but nearly smashed up my living room in celebration.
Makes me sad though that we couldn’t be there because the scenes would have been just brilliant.
Not had much to cheer about at Almondvale recently except Freddie stealing Lyndon Dykes gloves after a long throw in!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:11 pm

Over the past few years Livi have been a wee bit of a bogey team for use so todays win was a pleasant and maybe unexpected surprise. These are the games where we need to start taking point, preferably some wins

Its not many games over past few seasons where we have went behind and came back to win

Perhaps my one big worry is so far none of our strikers have scored in the 6 league games we have played. Think that is a bit of a surprise cos this year we look to be fairly strong up front. Any sign of the big lad from FC United of Manchester getting a sniff of a game yet, think he could do well in this league. See he was on bench but still no game time
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:12 pm

Parallels with the win at Fir Park last season. One down at half time having lost a very early goal, outplayed for a spell then gradually got back into it. We totally dominated the second half last year which we didn't yesterday but all four goals were sort of similar. The way Templeton shaped to shoot was like McGowan's strike and Moyo and Munro both had powerful downward headers to the right of goal (and their names begin and end with the same letters -spooky!)

Makes up a little for the two very damaging home defeats. Now we go to Killie where, one recent thrashing apart, we tend to do quite well. Would be happy with a point.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:19 pm

Early days, and a strange atmosphere to the league, but so far we’re doing better than I expected, after losing key players.

We can discount the two games v Celtic and Rangers. So in our other four games, we’ve been competitive, W2, L2, which is better than D4. We’ve only scored 3 goals, but only lost 3.

Livvy’s successful formula of the past 2 seasons seems to have gone wrong, Motherwell and Kilmarnock are also struggling, and as Jim Goodwin said, any of the bottom 8 teams can take points off one another.

Good to see Temps regaining confidence, Mimnaugh’s set pieces are encouraging, Odoffin’s goal and performance at Fir Park don’t look to have been a fluke, promising debut by Munro, Hodson and McMann missing yesterday, and Easton still to return, and if our strikers can start hitting the back of the net we should be OK.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:38 pm

Great to get another three points following the win at Fir Park, making up for those disastrous home defeats. We’re back in the pack and confidence must be good now. Would have been so much better if we’d even drawn versus Saints and County.
Feared the worst at half time, thankfully unnecessarily.
Euan
Premiership

Return to The Accies