Top 5 memorable and enjoyable games
1. Celtic 0-1 Accies October 2014
Singing “we’re top of the league and you’re no”
Unlikely ever to be bettered unless we won a Cup.
2. Forfar 0-4 Accies May 2004
Accies ‘Seville’ moment, with an amazing away support making the stadium red and white in the sunshine. On the pitch at the end to salute our promotion. The start of our ascent.
3. Accies 2-0 Clyde April 2008 to win the first division and get back to Premier. So busy I couldn’t get into my season ticket seat and had to go into the Spice of life stand.
4. Accies 3-0 Hibs. March 2010? When Joel Thomas scored twice. We played them off the park and looked a proper top flight team, Wesoloski, MaArthur and Neil in midfield. Outstanding.
5. AcciesU19 2-2 BaselU19 October 2018
The potential for a great future. A joy to see the stadium busy and the standard of our U19 (invincible) Champions team.
I was at Ibrox in 1987 and dined out on it for years, but it would be 6th.
Didn’t enjoy the game much, too tense.
It was an isolated fluke result, whereas the ones I’ve highlighted showed steady growth to the peak of Celtic Park and the potential for our future.