Ticket Price Changes

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Ticket Price Changes

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:53 am

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/tick ... e-changes/

Ticket Price Changes
Ticket prices to home fixtures against Celtic, Motherwell & Rangers will be increased to £25 Adults, £15 concessions & £15 wheelchair/Ambulant supporters.

After discussions with our board of directors and recent fan feedback, these prices will be increased for both home & away fans going forward for season 2019/20.

Prices for every other fixture will remain at £22 Adults, £12 concessions & £12 wheelchair/Ambulant supporters.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Re: Ticket Price Changes

Postby shotts56 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:00 pm

£40 for a parent & child to get into an Accies-Motherwell game, when its currently £28 for the corresponding fixture at Fir Park, is just asking for a backlash from them when we go over there.
shotts56
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:04 pm

Even less of an incentive to go to the thoroughly unpleasant OF games. Fan engagement, who wanted this? The concession prices, as Shotts says, are shocking. So much for encouraging the next generation.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:04 pm

After discussions with our board of directors and recent fan feedback,

OK Ive got a season ticket so I’m personally not affected but please Sean explain to the fans what precisely was the fans feedback that has contributed to the ticket price increase. Not an unreasonable request from the fans liaison officer. All the feedback I've seen is about the ongoing presence of old firm fans in the home section and the conduct of stewards in failing to stop old firm fans entering the home section when its obvious from their colours who they are or dealing with or when they make themselves known in the home section during the game.

Is the increase to pay for additional stewards, additional training for stewards or is it a precursor to a large section of the home stand being allocated to old firm fans? Everything Ive seen suggests that the club is trying to recoup some of the scams' losses through ticket prices e.g. the significant increase in season ticket prices including those for the disabled and now increasing gate prices for big attendance games. As you cant charge away fans more than home fans in order to significantly increase gate income from these games then you have to charge home fans the increase as well. Lets say there are 3500 away fans an extra 3 quid is potentailly an extra 10,000k an old firm game. I’d appreciate honesty in the club’s statements not a piece of vague flim flam.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:26 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:
After discussions with our board of directors and recent fan feedback,

OK Ive got a season ticket so I’m personally not affected but please Sean explain to the fans what precisely was the fans feedback that has contributed to the ticket price increase. Not an unreasonable request from the fans liaison officer. All the feedback I've seen is about the ongoing presence of old firm fans in the home section and the conduct of stewards in failing to stop old firm fans entering the home section when its obvious from their colours who they are or dealing with or when they make themselves known in the home section during the game.

Is the increase to pay for additional stewards, additional training for stewards or is it a precursor to a large section of the home stand being allocated to old firm fans? Everything Ive seen suggests that the club is trying to recoup some of the scams' losses through ticket prices e.g. the significant increase in season ticket prices including those for the disabled and now increasing gate prices for big attendance games. As you cant charge away fans more than home fans in order to significantly increase gate income from these games then you have to charge home fans the increase as well. Lets say there are 3500 away fans an extra 3 quid is potentailly an extra 10,000k an old firm game. I’d appreciate honesty in the club’s statements not a piece of vague flim flam.

Fan feedback is collated and if improvements can be made then the club looks to implement them, Feedback is sent to the club from both home and away fans after every match these can be small in number however there is occasions where this spikes and can contain relevant and irrelevant points of view.

Some of that feedback did contain some points relating to admission prices some even asking for consideration of these to increase in general however this was rejected as a proposal by the club as something they felt wasn't warranted.

Of course as you mention within your post that policing, stewarding costs are on the rise and the more higher profile games the club has to absorb the cost for this, As you also mention about stewarding in general I have worked with the security team this summer to ensure that the stewarding operation is better especially on match days v Celtic or Rangers and I plan to view this 1st hand for the game v Celtic in September and I also plan to hold a feedback session in the suite pre match for fans to come along and provide feedback on the match day operation as a whole and invite will go out for this in due course.

Feedback is welcomed always good bad and indifferent whether that is sent to me or to the club (Even if you wish to feedback about me).

When this subject was raised during the summer I did put a number of concerns forward including the fact that we were one of few clubs who didn't increase its admission for games v specific clubs and I was surprised to find the game V our neighbours being increased however the club has seen fit that this should be done.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:38 pm

A prompt response is appeciated sean

Some of that feedback did contain some points relating to admission prices some even asking for consideration of these to increase in general

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:46 pm

From the Advertiser last month

The chairman is looking for more points, more kids coming through to the first-team, better entertainment, and a larger number of fans turning out to watch the team every week.

:? :? :?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:36 pm

Are we supposed to believe that the people running our club are astute businessmen? Notwithstanding the utter folly of leaving one volunteer in charge of almost a million quid, they don't half make some baffling decisions. Remember the amazing season ticket offers of a few years ago - £150 then £180? Quite incredible value...as long as you weren't a pensioner. It was one price fits all, so a poor pensioner struggling to make ends meet was asked to pay the same as a company director raking in £100k. Put you in mind of Thatcher's Poll Tax (maybe that explains that execrable Ruth Davidson photo shoot). And now this, yes I'm sure many fans were calling for THE PRICES TO GO UP!!! Honestly, they must think we are thick!

I don't have a season ticket, recent seasons have made me take a wait and see policy. If the product is dire, I ain't going. Now add to that, if they're charging me £25, I ain't going. Mind, they could make the OF games free entry and I still would think twice. Utterly miserable experiences, not helped by stupid manager tactics at times. But the derby, fuck me, great way to dwindle our support even more. And Maitland, don't pretend you are trying to attract young fans with possibly the most prohibitive pricing in the league for young fans. Other clubs can do deals for parent & child, why can't we?

Oh and Ross County can go and take a fuck to themselves too!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:48 pm

At a time when we lost 30+% of our home support under Canning,the club come out with this nonsense.

No fans were consulted over this and if the fans were consulted it would have been an overwhelming "no way Jose".

If anything,we should be doing the opposite of Ross County/Livvy etc and launching a "Twenty's Plenty" campaign and putting this out across all media.This ludicrous decision will lead to less home fans at the three games where we need as many fans as possible.

This smacks of a lack of common sense,copying other clubs such as those aforementioned and with no concern for those PATG customers and those who don't go every home game for a variety of reasons.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:59 pm

For a club that has one of the poorest supports in top 2 divisions in Scottish football, how is increasing prices going to help.

Some fans wanted a price increase, yeah and I cam up the Clyde in a banana boat

At least Ross County have the right idea in how to attract fans
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:04 pm

Ross County are charging £25 tomorrow and I think Livvy and Motherwell are £25 and £24 this season.

Even more unbelievable is Dundee are charging £24 in The Championship.
Last edited by YeOldeHamiltonian on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:08 pm

It's all about milking the Old Firm cashcow. The don't care about attracting more home fans to these games.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies