Accies squad for 22/23

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Accies squad for 22/23

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:57 pm

Read elsewhere Jamie Hamilton and Kyle Munro may be offski which would explain the Queens Park right back Michael Doyle and the trialist up front.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:50 am

From the BBC gossip page

Fleetwood Town manager Scott Brown has offered former Aberdeen team-mate Mikey Devlin a chance to impress during pre-season with the League One club after the injury-plagued 28-year-old centre-half agreed to terminate his contract at Pittodrie.

Thank goodness I was afraid we would be taking another injury prone player onto the books.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:02 pm

So another release

Defender Kieran MacDonald has been released today. Kieran scored twice in 37 apps last season, his 2nd spell here where he has made 54 apps in total. Kieran has been great for us but wants to move on to suit his own employment needs and he departs with our best wishes.

As others have said he never really impressed last season but under a new head coach who knows. Anyway even though Rankin maybe in the Alex Neil mould he’s still going to struggle with that squad. The trialists are hardly List A picks. Currently the squad still has no obvious right back and Mathew Shiels presumably replaces Macdonald? Perhaps now Rankin is confirmed they may loosen the purse strings and allow him a couple of decent signings.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:50 pm

Perhaps now Rankin is confirmed they may loosen the purse strings and allow him a couple of decent signings.

I admire your optimism,TT, but don't expect anything too impresive.

And what's David McKinnon going to add to the football board? He said lots of things at a Fans Forum then disappeared without trace, far less implementation. However, IF he is doing it for free, then we must see what develops from his 'expertise'?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:06 am

I noticed in his interview that the new Gaffer says to expect a few incoming over the next few days.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:18 pm

You go out for lunch and come back to find another player gone this time to,EK who once again are splashing the cash to try and get out of the Lowland League.

https://twitter.com/acciesfc/status/154 ... XY2OYqAAAA
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:47 am

Big Eastie signed on for another year.

https://twitter.com/acciesfc/status/154 ... -2veoqAAAA
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:03 pm

Two stories from the Record sending the same message which is it’s all about yuf. My take from both is that the fans shouldn’t expect significant signings. The squad and any future promotion prospects will be anchored on the current crop of youngsters and it will take as long as it takes.

Mcgoofey is still controlling the purse strings however God help us :roll:

And with the purse strings tightened at New Douglas Park this season ahead of a second season in the Championship, it has been made clear by chief executive Colin McGowan that the club will need to rely on their production line more than ever this term.

But I note in both stories no mention of Foys Stadium of Yuf, the stadium is simply referred to as New Douglas Park. Clutching at straws but I wonder if Foys fantasy 5 year, 6 figure sponsorship deal :lol: :lol: :lol: is getting ditched in favour of a proper stadium naming rights sponsorship deal that generates real monies and not simply office rental for Mcgoofey.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... s-27373602

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... t-27354370
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:27 pm

From Maitlands’ interview with the only Accies boys we can expect 2 signings to be announced this week, Doyle and Jonny Ngandu with hopefully another 2 in the following weeks. His view is that the squad underperformed last season for a variety of reasons so these same players have matured, are injury free, have had a proper preseason etc so he is expecting much more this season from a essentially the same players with a few additions. It’s a high risk strategy. If it works great but if it doesnt and injuries reoccur or performances drop off then we are going to be fighting relegation again. We shall see.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:27 pm

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:17 pm

And Doyle named in the team and not as a trialist.
Gav
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:13 pm

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:47 pm

Anyone ITK as to what’s happening re Jamie Hamilton. I’ve seen a suggestion he was off to Hartlepool and another that he was training with St Mirren but that was a few weeks back?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:03 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Anyone ITK as to what’s happening re Jamie Hamilton. I’ve seen a suggestion he was off to Hartlepool and another that he was training with St Mirren but that was a few weeks back?

No idea about Hartlepool but he did train for 3 days at St Mirren. Apparently he has only trained twice with us. Club are not convinced anyone will pay for him due to poor form last season and the fact he has not done pre season and is therefore miles away from being match fit.
Gav
Championship

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:25 pm

Similar to when Brophy left us Hamilton is still here as no one is willing to pay a development fee for him (albeit with Brophy we eventually managed to come to some sort of agreement with Killie) so he can’t go anywhere else. So someone will need to cough up or he will need to just sign a new deal.

I think he will end up agreeing a new contract with us although probably with some sort of certain price release clause.

A shame he got shunted out to right back most of the season last year as that will have really hampered his chances of a move. I actually agree with Maitland from the OnlyAccies interview that he is more suited to a higher level due to how good he is at playing and bringing the ball out of defence for someone his age.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby FerniegairAccie » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:24 pm

JR in the newspaper saying hes expecting 2 in before Saturday - hopefully a striker and a centre back. Our 2 signings so far appear to be shrewd business, lets hope we follow suit with the next two, we might not be signing quantity but as long as those we bring in have the necessary quality i would be more than happy with only 4/5 signings this window.
FerniegairAccie
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:02 pm

YUP, that all makes sense.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:32 pm

Well another 2 out the doors Can’t imagine the wage bill will be much altered but maybe we’re are getting a wee bit tougher making decisions about letting academy products go sooner rather than later. or maybe they asked to go Either way fingers crossed the 2 signings this week are as has been said quality.

https://mobile.twitter.com/acciesfc/sta ... 2029325312
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:51 pm

Sam Nicolson leaving surprises me as I thought he would have featured in the friendlies due to being last season's under 18 top scorer and highly rated.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:32 pm

TerracingTomas
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies