Taylor Away?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Taylor Away?

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun May 15, 2022 4:05 am

Strong rumours last few days that Stuart Taylor is offski and from folk close to the club with it being announced this week?

Various rumours of him resigning because not being allowed to sign Popescu or make decent signings.Then again,it is known that he is not getting on with the Club hierarchy who don't like his refusal to watch opponents/youth games etc.

We will find out soon enough if this is true or Chinese whispers.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Re: Taylor Away?

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon May 16, 2022 6:36 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 16, 2022 7:13 pm

I liked this bit

“But Taylor's team came up short in their promotion bid as they finished sixth in the 10-team division.”

From the off we were never in the hunt for promotion and only seemed safe after the Partick Thistle game. I for one thought he deserved another season. Based on his January signing’s of Lawson and Reilly I was hopeful that we might have a relatively decent transfer window. So what changed in the last few weeks? Did the Board really think he was failing so had to go? They don’t have a track record of pulling the trigger early. I suspect he didn’t fully buy into our ‘yuf’ model and wanted a decent shot at promotion with decent signings and there was a fall out.

If the second part of the rumour is true and Imrie is inbound I’m fine with that. He has shown he can motivate and will need to as he will be expected to push the yuf and if he is lucky be allowed 3/4/5 signings. If Ferguson goes from Aberdeen we are due upto 10% and once Mcgoofey has taken his cut maybe Dougie will get some I wouldn’t bet on it. The finances of the whole shibang are still a mess and the second year parachute payment is not worth a lot. As for the Clyde money Accies pay an average of 50 k a year for the stadium lease for 365 days usage. Clyde are only paying for about 25 match days so I reckon between 20/30 k tops.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Tue May 17, 2022 9:38 am

Dougie and daz assistant?
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Bengee » Tue May 17, 2022 1:11 pm

Must be John Rankin surely. Experience at higher level and sounds very knowledgeable as a pundit. Also fairly local I think.
Bengee
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Tue May 17, 2022 2:28 pm

We certainly looked so much better after JR arrived. Must be strong candidate. (& already on the payroll) :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue May 24, 2022 6:18 pm

Anything more on this situation?? It's all gone very quiet, even though we know it's the close season until the end of June.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Thu May 26, 2022 7:29 pm

Deafening silence from the club on this and everything else at the moment. Other clubs are making signings and we don’t even know who our manager will be or who our owner will be but give us your season ticket money!! Aye right.

It’s really grim being an Accies fan the now.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri May 27, 2022 4:18 pm

Bought an Advertiser today and it says I quote

It is anticipated that Taylor will still exit Accies just nine months after taking over from Brian Rice, but they are awaiting on the 47 - year - old’s confirmation that everything is in order before it is sealed.

That to me reads as though they are still arguing over exit terms.

It then goes onto suggest that Rankin is “set to remain at the club for another season.” So is he Stan’s replacement.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:57 pm

Its been a few weeks now since it was announced that Taylor has seen the light and is getting out.

Has this been confirmed that he is defintetley gone, as it all quiet from Accies, as per usual
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:55 am

Poster on WAH Facebook Forum saying players have been told to take a pay cut or can negociate to leave.If so very worrying and a sign McGowan is running us into the ground with his incompetence.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:14 pm

Sounds pretty much like it YOH. All part of his master plan. First off he tries to sell the club but no one is interested as without the stadium it’s not an attractive promotion. So next option cut the club budget to the bare bones to pay for work to the north stand to become the drug rehab hostel. Once that’s up and running the stadium company finances start to look good again and Mcgoofey can buy some more Armani polo shirts. Meanwhile if Accies survive on a reduced budget so be it if they don’t who cares cos he’s now got Clyde as a tenant and the chances of them moving to Rutherglen anytime soon are negligible so he continues to make money from sponsorship and hospitality. I haven’t renewed my season ticket after 20+ years. Nothing to do withe football. After nearly 5 decades I’ve seen it all on the park and still kept going. No last season confirmed all I needed to know about Mcgoofey and his ‘business’ dealings and not one penny of mine is going his way. Away games for me next season.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:50 pm

Agreed TT. Not A Penny More. Relegation beckons. We can only hope that there are some business people out there who see our inevitable upcoming plight and want to help. There's always hope...until they switch the lights off.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:40 pm

Apparently Agent John Viola and a Dubai Consortium tried to buy the club two months ago but the deal fell through as McGowan wanted to retain control of the stadium company.

I am in a quandary at the moment as the team needs support and every penny coming into the club helps in that regard,plus a mass boycott won't affect McGowan as there will be no one there to give him a hard time.

If we have no clarification Manager and signings wise in the next month,then we will be in a fight to ultimately save the club.

I spoke to a few fans today when out with the dogs and one comment in particular summed up our situation as said by one of them " it's depressing being an Accies fan".

Never had a truer word been said...sadly.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:30 pm

A mass boycott will be noticed by the media. But even if everybody who went to a home game even once last season turns up every other week, we'll still have far fewer fans than almost every other club so the money will do very little to give us a team worth supporting. There were literally less than 500 Accies fans at several home games.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:07 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Apparently Agent John Viola and a Dubai Consortium tried to buy the club two months ago but the deal fell through as McGowan wanted to retain control of the stadium company.

We're bac to the snake of companies, TT. Whilst McGowan appears to have sole control as Director of HAFC Stadium Ltd. this in turn is wholly owned by Deeka Ltd, again C McG as sole Director & then Edencrest Ltd. where Les Gray is still listed as Director. Now, what split of shareholding in any of those, is unknown and not listed at Companies House.
From what you have suggested, it appears that C McG might have majority shareholding in any/all of above three companies, in which case he can hold out for as long as he likes, until someone makes him an offer he can't refuse. There's always the Allie Irish Bank in the background, who hold standard securities over various parcels of land at or around the stadium. One piece appears to have been sold in 2021 for £110K but to whom and why is not shown. HAFC Stadium Ltd is shown on a declining profitability and would run out of money eventually in normal circumstances.
But with the inter-company trading, and Edencrest showing an Insolvent Capital position, the it's no suprorise that any investor will walk away without some tangible asset for their investment. The Stadium, and the land within the Stadium Company, is the only thing that be valued by any prospective purchaser, IMO.
Meantime, events outwith our control could ultimately be engineered to force a sale of the stadium and land to pay-off the AIB.

Homeless, again??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:45 pm

Five weeks till the season starts. What the hell is going on at our club? Is the club for sale? Who will put manager be? What players will we be watching?

Nothing but silence from the club apart from wheeling out players patronising us, asking us for cash for season tickets. Why should we? As far as I can tell the majority have serious concerns over the future of the club. No chance of them getting any cash from me until we at least have answers to the above questions.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:34 pm

Do we still have an ASA member who can actually raise concerns with the board, not that it would make any bloody difference.

As a club we are an embarrassment, run be incompetent amateurs who are only interested in lining their own pockets

Be interesting to see how many season tickets we have sold. Why should we give our hard earned cash over to a club that has no manager, wants players to take pay cuts and are running club into the ground
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:34 pm

ASA are recording radio adverts for season tickets with support from the club but not seen anything to suggest they have questioned anything that is going on.
Gav
Championship

Postby Euan » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:04 am

I haven’t renewed either.
Accies are an embarrassment at the moment.
Currently the most ludicrous Club in Scotland under this board.
We’ve always been associated with chancers and flybynights, but this is the lowest point in my 40+ years of support.
I always had hope during the homeless years, but can only see us going downwards and I don’t think there’s enough interest/goodwill out there to save us.
We’ve burned our bridges with the Council and no decent business would want to be involved.
I have no idea how they can attract players or talented youngsters if they or their parents have any knowledge of the situation.
Euan
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies