SLO Voting is now open!

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

SLO Voting is now open!

Postby ASA » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:57 am

We would like to thank everyone who took the time to reach out to us over the course of the last 3 weeks in regards to nominating your fellow Accies fans for the role of SLO. We were delighted that so many fans were nominated which shows how highly members in the Accies support are thought of. Over 20 individual nominees were contacted by us after being put forward for the role, however only 1 had accepted their nomination to run as an individual. It was suggested to us by multiple fans the option of an SLO Committee, made up of fans from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, to share the responsibility of an SLO. We are pleased to say that 3 of the fans who were nominated individually, agreed to become part of the SLO Committee and run alongside the individual who accepted their nomination. These 3 nominees were keen on the role however due to a variety of reasons, were unable to commit the time necessary to hold the position by themselves however were keen on joining some of their fellow fans to share the role. We have requested a short biography from each of the fans as well as why they feel they would be suitable for the role.

Sean McHugh - Individual
- Held the position of SLO for the past 4 years. No bio has been submitted.

Stuart Douglas, Gavin Baxter and Alan Radcliffe - SLO Committee

Stuart Douglas - I have been an Accies fanatic since 1977 , I'm fortunate to have seen some great teams , some great players , Jamie Fairlie, Paul Mcdonald , Mark Fulton , Jose Quintongo being my favourites and some great managers , Billy McLaren, John Lambie , Alex Neil . I've enjoyed some fabulous days in the sun supporting Hamilton and I've been going to matches home and away to some extent for the past 40 odd years. It's unfortunately been very noticable that the communication between the club and its lifeblood and the fans has deteriorated over the last 10 years or so (Although in all my time supporting Hamilton it's never been great). Ironically during what will be viewed as our most successful period as a club it is at it's very worst and shows no sign of improving despite us having an SLO for the first time in our history . I feel at this point that proper representation at supporters level is absolutely essential if the club is to move forward with its fan base . The Accies Supporters association running alongside a committee based Supporters liaison seems to me to be the way ahead at this point. The time for proper supporters involvement and input into the way the club is run, with honest 2 way communication is essential. A one man SLO doesnt seem the way forward at this point given previous appointments despite the previous appointment doing his upmost in his role I am sure. A committee based model with different inputs and experiences as fans may prove to be be more successful at this point.

Gavin Baxter - Despite living in Linlithgow all my life I have been going to Accies games since 1973 so have even seen us playing in a major cup semi final and this is something we should be striving for on an annual basis. Very frustrating when the club appear to treat the League Cup especially with disrespect. It would appear that the relationship between the club and fans is not as good as it should be and it was concerning to hear the club say they were not aware of a lot of the issues during a recent ASA interview. There also seems to be a lack of trust between various fans and fans groups. While this could be eased by an individual SLO it is my belief that there may be issues if a personality clash occurs. A group of 3 SLO's would be more beneficial as it is unlikely any fan(s) would have an issue with all 3 if they are selected from different age brackets and geographical backgrounds.\n\nWe all have to work together to improve all aspects of the club - fanbase, fan matchday experience, communication and ultimately a much improved Accies team.

Alan Radcliffe - Been an Accies fan for as long as I can remember despite growing up in Glasgow. Been going to matches frequently for the past 10-15 years, holding a season ticket for the majority of this. An SLO committee is needed more than ever at Accies, with the ASA setting the foundations as something to build on. For the past few seasons the relationship between the club and fans has become virtually non existent despite there being an SLO appointed at the club. Therefore more than one voice is needed this time around. Every week we hear the fans frustrations on social media and now in the stands, something has to be done but constructively. This is why a committee of fans from differing views and backgrounds is needed.

VOTING INFORMATION

If you wish to cast your vote either for our individual nominee or for the SLO Committee, we ask you follow the below instructions in order for your vote to be counted. Voting will be conducted via an email ballot. Please email us with your Full Name + the name of the candidate you wish to vote for at acciessa@gmail.com

Voting will open Saturday 14/8/21 at 12pm and will close Saturday 21/8/21 at 12pm.
ASA
Pub League

Re: SLO Voting is now open!

Postby Davie Hogg » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:19 pm

Any results? How many votes were there?
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:21 am

Apparently the Committee won but as no voting figures have been disclosed Sean is claiming an election steal and has hired Guilliani to contest the result.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Acciesfan90 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:29 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Apparently the Committee won but as no voting figures have been disclosed Sean is claiming an election steal and has hired Guilliani to contest the result.

Aamer Anwar and Donald Findlay have taken the case on.

Committee has won. One was in the paper yesterday the other 2 have complained black is white since the end of time an accurate representation of the accies support at this time.

Good luck to them mcgoon and co are easy to deal with I've heard
Acciesfan90
Pub League

Postby Davie Hogg » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:50 pm

Acciesfan90 wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:Apparently the Committee won but as no voting figures have been disclosed Sean is claiming an election steal and has hired Guilliani to contest the result.

Committee has won. One was in the paper yesterday the other 2 have complained black is white since the end of time an accurate representation of the accies support at this time.

Who was in which paper?
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Acciesfan90 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:48 am

Davie Hogg wrote:
Acciesfan90 wrote:

Who was in which paper?

https://twitter.com/macca1972/status/14 ... 12325?s=21

The lovely sun I heard

Griffin, Grenfell, Paterson, Coghill & Murphy this is on you.

Embarrassment of an organisation just like our board get out of the club with them you wankers
Acciesfan90
Pub League

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:52 am

Shut the fuck up Sean ....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:30 am

Acciesfan90 wrote:

And yet , the Accies fans , YES , THE FANS , voted for these three rather than the outgoing SLO ....
Who, as far as I know , was never voted in by the fans of the club
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:16 pm

I personally welcome the committee. I’m sure they will do a good job for ALL Accies fans. It would be nice to here from them and their plans.

PS It was an open vote so how many votes were cast and who for?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:29 pm

I am one of the 3. We are having a meeting on Monday to work out the best way to take things forward and will open up as many lines of contact as we can. Feel free to ask questions here in the meantime if you have any and I will be at the game on Saturday as well.
Gav
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:47 pm

Glad to here it Gav. I look forward to hearing from you throughout the season. Realistically I don’t expect the new SLOs or the supporters organisation to be the catalyst for major change but at least we will have a channel to let the owners know what the majority think. Publicising the fans view on managerial change via the media was a very cute move. I do expect a steady flow of match day info home and away, tackling issues such as the price of match day catering and e ticketing. If you can somehow get Mcgoofey to sell it up and move to Mar a lago however that would be great :D
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:39 am

Had a quick meeting last night. Club is happy with the 3 man approach and we will meet with Bob and Danny from the board asap to get things ratified and official announcement.

Alan will have email and social media set up in next few days and this will be advertised asap in as many places as we can.
Gav
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:49 am

Thanks for the update,Gav
Hopefully things can now move forward in a more positive note......
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:08 am

Regarding SLO stuff - if there is anything that would be helpful forum-wise, just let me know. The ability to sticky announcements, a SLO / ASA specific section of the forum, or whatever.

It's generally easy to set these things up on here, so I am more than happy to help if I can.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to The Accies