Q of the S. v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Q of the S. v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:54 pm

Match info here:

http://www.qosfc.com/news-5509

I’m having to miss this one which is a pity given it’s Stuart’s first game in charge. Hopefully he installs a winning mentality
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Q of the S. v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:17 pm

Further update for fans attending the game

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/fan-info ... the-south/
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:13 pm

Well I picked the correct game to miss :| but heh if I’d been there we would have lost. By the sound of it we bossed the first half although no goals and we finish the game with 2 goals and a win. Good to see Ryan getting one and it will do Lewis’s morale the world of good getting the winner. Great start to the Stan regime.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:06 pm

Brief Match Report

Bossed the 1st half. Few clear chances to score, though, until we came out and scored within 30seconds of the re-start. Moyo had probably his best game in an Accies shirt. Won lots of headers!! Worked well with Chucky, and the goal might have been Moyo's but came back out for Ryan to put in finally in the net. Then we sit bak and let them back in with poor defending, a goalmouth ping-pong, and it's all square again.

However we dug in and deservedly got the winner with a peach of a stroked goalinto the corner from Lewis not long after he came on. We then controlled the game out in a professional manner.

New signing Luke Matheson was impressive, not tall but skilful and with a great long throw-in. Team seemed far better motivated today, and must be down to the new manager's approach. Much to be happy about tonight, and confidence should increase with two weeks training before our next game. Brian Easton also had a great game today.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:23 pm

Thanks for that match report, Porcupine. Good to read some encouraging news!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:49 pm

First victory in the league and few comments.

Heres hoping we can build on this. Young lad Matheson played well, but he looks the most unlikely footballer I have ever seen. He is about 5'6 and 8 stones soaking wet
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:01 am

smc4761 wrote:First victory in the league and few comments.

Heres hoping we can build on this. Young lad Matheson played well, but he looks the most unlikely footballer I have ever seen. He is about 5'6 and 8 stones soaking wet

Possibly weighs less if/when his hair is cut, but he was more than competetent, not afraid of a tackle, and put some great balls into our forward players on the wing. Really good long throw-ins as well. Hopefully, his agility will keep him out of trouble with big agricultural tackles in this division.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies