Raith v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Raith v Accies

Postby WILF » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:48 pm

Great fight back and a brilliant result. It shouldn’t cloud the first hour where we were outplayed and no doubt the introduction of McCann and Ryan gave us a real boost.

McCann a real influence going forward and presence in the air and Andy Ryan running the channels changed the game. Templetons craft put us well on top. The attitude and composure of these guys rubbed off on others and you could feel us becoming a threat.

I loved Andy Ryan’s attitude after the equaliser , he wanted us back to kick off to win it.

Will do the young lads confidence the world of good.

the idiots who think they represent the fan base with their abuse and stupid angry chants should do everyone a favour and stay at home. The silent overwhelming majority of fans do not want you there. You add nothing. Direct your abuse elsewhere and leave our young team to develop, shut up or stay away.

It was a kind irony that we scored 4 goals and pulled off one of the best accies come backs I have seen in 40 years after they noisily walked out - these people did not deserve to be part of it.

Well done accies today.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:03 pm

WILF wrote:Great fight back and a brilliant result. It shouldn’t cloud the first hour where we were outplayed and no doubt the introduction of McCann and Ryan gave us a real boost.

McCann a real influence going forward and presence in the air and Andy Ryan running the channels changed the game. Templetons craft put us well on top. The attitude and composure of these guys rubbed off on others and you could feel us becoming a threat.

I loved Andy Ryan’s attitude after the equaliser , he wanted us back to kick off to win it.

the idiots who think they represent the fan base with their abuse and stupid angry chants should do everyone a favour and stay at home. The silent overwhelming majority of fans do not want you there. You add nothing. Direct your abuse elsewhere and leave our young team to develop, shut up or stay away.

It was a kind irony that we scored 4 goals and pulled off one of the best accies come backs I have seen in 40 years after they noisily walked out - these people did not deserve to be part of it.

Well done accies today.

Thanks for your supportive reply on the group of idiots. We had a terrific view of the game from that stand, and our young team did not deserve the bile that was sprayed at them from around 20 clowns. They'd be better of at the Old Firm grounds in future.

It WAS the best come-back I've seen in five decades of watching Accies. Let's hope we can continue to fight for a positive result like that in every game this season. Well done.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby WILF » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:08 pm

We are saying on here what most of our fans were thinking at the game.

Felt great at full time !
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:48 am

RRTV highlights here

https://youtu.be/VMOG4dFEp2c
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:34 am

Swearing at the football... whatever next ... :roll:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:38 am

A decent highlight show ell done Raith

My god our defence has more holes than Rab C Nesbitt's string vest.At 4-1 down they sliced through our defence as if it was not there and had 1-1 with keeper. Same again at 4-3 down when they hit the bar. Unless that defence is shored up we are going to lose a shedload of goals this season. Raith 2nd goal was a peach.

Well done to team for fighting back but we should never have been in that position in 1st place. Rice papering over the cracks again
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:54 pm

glasgow accie wrote:Swearing at the football... whatever next ... :roll:

Were you at the game, caller?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:29 pm

porcupine wrote:

No.....
Why ?
Do you need to be at the game to comment ??
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Dr Slippy » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:40 pm

WILF wrote:Great fight back and a brilliant result. It shouldn’t cloud the first hour where we were outplayed and no doubt the introduction of McCann and Ryan gave us a real boost.

Well done accies today.

Couldn’t agree more with this comment about these 20 or so clowns who attach themselves to Accies & claim to be fans. As scummy as anything that the OF send to NDP. Do us all a favour & don’t come back. Saw a few of them sneaking back in at 4-4 (they left at 0-4).
You do not represent Accies & you are not wanted by the decent majority Accies supporters. For the record I don’t think Rice should be anywhere near managing our first team & McGowan is ruining our club, but abusing everybody every time we are losing will only strengthen the resolve of the decision makers at Accies.

Got that off my chest, the game was terrible 70 minutes followed by the best comeback I’ve seen in 50 years. If only Lewis Smith’s header had gone in for 5-4 that would have put a cherry on top.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gav » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:57 pm

porcupine wrote:

I was and chose to sit away from them and ignored them. Didn't impact on my day at all.
Gav
Championship

Postby Euan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:40 pm

A few years ago, I was at Inverness for an end of season game which if we’d won would have relegated them and saved ourselves. Unfortunately, as is the Accies way we lost, although we survived eventually.
The abuse given to the team throughout, from a small but vocal minority spoiled the game and made me question the point of going to away games in places like Inverness where the away crowd is small and the abuse worse.
Went up on the Friday and had an enjoyable weekend; nice hotel, great dinner in Rocpool restaurant and handed complimentary tickets by Scott McMann’s dad outside the ground.
On second thoughts I might repeat it in 2022 as we play there on the final day, Friday 29 April, 745 ko.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:20 pm

Great highlights package from Rovers (free to watch too).
Signed up for Accies TV last year at £59.99 annual subscription on the promise of some highlights.
Full match repeats, which I didn’t watch, but never saw a match highlights option once.
It’s the way forward (and has been for years).
Euan
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:00 pm

I remember at the Challenge Cup final in 2012 or 13, we lost a goal after about two minutes to Falkirk, which turned out to be the winner. For the rest of the game these two well known Accies fans just gave out the most vile abuse to the players and management. It didn't bother them that young kids were seated near them.

On the subject of Raith's excellent highlights, I wonder if Accies will have Saturday's highlights up on YouTube a few hours later. Will they even do any? I'll bet every other club will, Arbroath have been posting theirs for years.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:11 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I remember at the Challenge Cup final in 2012 or 13, we lost a goal after about two minutes to Falkirk, which turned out to be the winner. For the rest of the game these two well known Accies fans just gave out the most vile abuse to the players and management. It didn't bother them that young kids were seated near them.

On the subject of Raith's excellent highlights, I wonder if Accies will have Saturday's highlights up on YouTube a few hours later. Will they even do any? I'll bet every other club will, Arbroath have been posting theirs for years.

I think we all know the answer to that one. Our club is still living in the last century. Their ridiculous policy on season tickets from a few years ago, not taking card payments, poorly run commercial side and not making use of social media is embarrassing. The club website is a joke, seriously why do we care so much when they dont give a feck
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:36 pm

glasgow accie wrote:
porcupine wrote:

No.....
Why ?
Do you need to be at the game to comment ??

Suggest you read the comments from those who were there, Glasgow Accie. Why be judgemental when you do not know the facts?

We had little option but to sit near these clowns due to limited alternative seating available following a late arrival with the 5 mile hold-up at the new Forth Crossing.

No idea where, or if, they attend the home games. If they do, Stadium Company take note to throw them out as soon as it all kicks off. I can, if provoked, exchange engineering language with anyone as and when the occasion demands itself. Constant foul and abusive language is however, just not acceptable in this present climate, and does nothing to encourage a new fan-base at Accies. I personally know of two young boys who were put off returning to Accies after two seasons, following similar scenes around them at a Rangers visit in the last three years.

Will anything ever change at Accies, though? Doubt it with the present CEO in charge.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:23 am

Wasn't at the game due to other commitments,but managed to get the game on Hesgoals although the picture looked like that film Downsizing currently on TV.

Heard a few sweary words on the feed but it sounded nothing like what is being portrayed on here by a few MCT's.

It is a football game ,folk swear and let off steam-especially with a few sherbets imbibed and it has been the case for 99% of teams at away games.

At 3-0 or 4-0 down folk are quite within their rights to be angry as it was a shambles up until the fightback.We should never be losing four goals to any team in this League.

Those conducting the "sweary words" are folk who travel everywhere and spend a small fortune watching the team home and away.They are passionate fans who see a club in a self-inflicted serial decline which is avoidable.

Not that long ago the Club chased away all the young lads from Section A who created a great atmosphere until the drums and flags were forbidden...unlike away fans who continued to have Flags,Banners,Drums and Musical Instruments.

The atmosphere at games since then has been akin to The South Lanarkshire Crematorium apart from the ginger guy and his one line repetitive song.

Careful what you wish for.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:20 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Wasn't at the game due to other commitments,but managed to get the game on Hesgoals although the picture looked like that film Downsizing currently on TV.

Heard a few sweary words on the feed but it sounded nothing like what is being portrayed on here by a few MCT's.

It is a football game ,folk swear and let off steam-especially with a few sherbets imbibed and it has been the case for 99% of teams at away games.

At 3-0 or 4-0 down folk are quite within their rights to be angry as it was a shambles up until the fightback.We should never be losing four goals to any team in this League.

Those conducting the "sweary words" are folk who travel everywhere and spend a small fortune watching the team home and away.They are passionate fans who see a club in a self-inflicted serial decline which is avoidable.

Not that long ago the Club chased away all the young lads from Section A who created a great atmosphere until the drums and flags were forbidden...unlike away fans who continued to have Flags,Banners,Drums and Musical Instruments.

The atmosphere at games since then has been akin to The South Lanarkshire Crematorium apart from the ginger guy and his one line repetitive song.

Careful what you wish for.

Spot on.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:27 am

“Suggest you read the comments from those who were there, Glasgow Accie. Why be judgemental when you do not know the facts?”

Comments from 3 or 4 posters complaining about swearing and abuse towards players / owners ... is that not the facts ??

I just find it strange ( and funny , if I’m being honest) that people are complaining about swearing at a football match .
In my time following Accies ( a long time let me tell you ) I’ve heard fans swear , players swear , managers swear and even a referee or two !!
I’m not in any way condoning what happened, just find the over reaction and knicker wetting funny ...
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby WILF » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:10 pm

It’s not about swearing is it.
No one is offended by swearing at football.
It’s about the utter bile and constant abuse directed at players and manager.
Swear as much as you want but why turn up if your agenda is only to abuse all things Accies constantly from start to finish.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:30 pm

WILF wrote:It’s not about swearing is it.
No one is offended by swearing at football.
It’s about the utter bile and constant abuse directed at players and manager.
Swear as much as you want but why turn up if your agenda is only to abuse all things Accies constantly from start to finish.

That , I understand and agree with , but your man porcupine WAS complaining about the swearing ...sorry “ the foul mouthed invective “ ...
glasgow accie
Championship

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies