Summer signings and departures

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Summer signings and departures

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri May 14, 2021 12:28 pm

And first up is

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... n-24109086

Player profile here. He has the same agent as Scott Brown :o

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matthew ... ler/406737
Last edited by TerracingTomas on Sun May 16, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Summer signings

Postby smc4761 » Fri May 14, 2021 6:54 pm

With the clubs finances in a perilous state, this is going to be the standard of player we sign.

Decent reserve/ youth player but with no real experience at a decent level

A can see a lot of our youth players being promoted to first team and a team of virtually players under 23

Then again we have tried journeymen players and not that many have turned out half decent
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri May 14, 2021 7:44 pm

We have Easton,McMann and Munro who can all play left back,so this looks another waste of finite resources...unless they are trying to flog McMann.

We would have been better signing a right back as Hodson's loan is up soon.

Reading this guy is also injury prone so he will fit right in.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri May 14, 2021 8:58 pm

Cant see Brian Easton playing regularly next season. St Johnstone had the best of him after he left us, and he is near the end of his career.

A sale of McMann is much more likely.

And, despite his skills when fit, I can't see us signing David Templeton for another season when, due to injury, he has never kicked a ball for us this season, and will have commanded a decent wage which might fund a couple of younger players.

Our record of signing injury prone players must be second to none, and will have sucked out thousands of pounds that we can/could ill-afford. Looks like we will be fielding a Colts Team in the Championship, week-in and week-out, then?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri May 14, 2021 10:26 pm

Temps signed a 2 year deal Porcupine and I get the impression he was happy to commit to that. With his injury record I reckon he will stay but will he be fit for next season?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Sat May 15, 2021 12:17 pm

Suspect we'll try and punt as many sell-able assets we have and take our chances on young kids and crocked players on their way back to fitness.

I would say Jamie Hamilton is obviously the prize asset , but I also see McMann , Odoffin , Callachan and Fulton as in the window as well .

I think next season will be a tough one for us and we rebuild a new team ,however quite looking forward to be playing in the Championship next year.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Euan » Sat May 15, 2021 9:52 pm

Looking at the fixtures next year there’s a certain appeal and a staleness about the Premiership. Good away trips Raith, ICT, Ayr, Dunfermline and hopefully Airdire ;) Even Arbroath have a novelty appeal although the Danny McGrain beards will be long gone.
I might feel differently in November :shock:
Euan
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Sun May 16, 2021 5:26 pm

Looking forward to some different grounds, but having just moved from south of the border to Perthshire, shame about losing the St Johnstone game!!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Re: Summer signings and departures

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun May 16, 2021 5:36 pm

Changed the heading as presumably we will get a formal list shortly of all who are leaving be they loaners or out of contract. I expect a busy summer.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon May 17, 2021 1:09 pm

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hamilto ... erein/2999

Only moyo with 2 years left and another 8 with a year, Hamilton, McMann, odoffin, Trafford, l smith, c smith , templeton, and I'm sure winter is too.

And out of that lot they are 6 months away from talking to other clubs so wouldn't surprise me if hamilton Mcmann odoffin Lewis smith and templeton all left

Exciting times at Somerset await :roll:
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Euan » Mon May 17, 2021 1:21 pm

After Gourlay’s recent performances with a goal gifted to Dundee Utd and no effort to save either of County’s goals on Wednesday, good to see him dropped and I suspect that there’ll no attempt at retaining his services.
Fulton’s injury cost us significantly, hopefully he recovers and stays for a year in the Championship.
I would be happy to keep Hodgson if we can get him back.
Bruce Anderson failed to live up to his early promise but would be a good prospect in the Championship and if he’s sensible we’d be a good move for him to develop and eventually move to a bigger club.
Priority has to be retaining Callachan, who’s stated he enjoys playing with Accies, and Oddofin, who’s already signed an extension.
Hamilton should be encouraged to sign an extension and develop more in the first team alongside Want. Similarly Lewis Smith. Their agents will have other ideas.
Euan
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon May 17, 2021 2:14 pm

I've banged on about this before, but George Stanger was excellent in all the Reserve games including when we went to Europe. He's an under 19 NZ internationalist and been on the bench recently with finally a fist team game on Saturday. Central Defender. Why is his name not in the frame for signing a contract??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon May 17, 2021 2:19 pm

George Stanger is worth keeping more than Want/Easton as rarely injured but his face doesn't fit.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon May 17, 2021 5:34 pm

Agree totally with you, YOH, but unaware that Stanger's face doesn't fit. I take it that's why he has had virtually no first team game time. Seem to remember his contract expires this summer.

Sad that someone with a proven record, injury free & ready to step up, will be discarded for an unproven one. Stanger's Dad was an excellent Scotland rugby player so son must have shown some sporting ability at football otherwise we would have dumped him mlong before now.

It's a strange game!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 17, 2021 6:19 pm

Daily Record reporting Oggie and Thomas away. Hodson and Anderson returned to their clubs. We have offered Thomas a deal to stay and no decision yet re Gourlay and Trafford.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... s-24122506
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Mon May 17, 2021 11:34 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hamilton-academical-fc/berateruebersicht/verein/2999

Only moyo with 2 years left and another 8 with a year, Hamilton, McMann, odoffin, Trafford, l smith, c smith , templeton, and I'm sure winter is too.

And out of that lot they are 6 months away from talking to other clubs so wouldn't surprise me if hamilton Mcmann odoffin Lewis smith and templeton all left

Exciting times at Somerset await :roll:

Terrible source. Shaun Want and Scott Martin signed deals until 2023 at the start of the season as did Fulton in January. Callachan signed a 2 year deal upon joining. Easton, Hughes and Mimnaugh signed new 1 year deals to.

While the club have confirmed Trafford is out of contract this month but they are thinking about offering him a new deal.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 18, 2021 10:01 am

Callaghan might have signed a 2 year deal but if reports today are to be believed it’s got a relegation clause in it and Livvi and Hearts are battling it out to sign him. We shall see. It’s that time of year so anybody is linked with everybody.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 19, 2021 11:46 am

That’s the upto date departure list released by the club. No surprises although Thomas who they seemed to want to keep is off.

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/end-of-season-summary/
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu May 20, 2021 2:32 am

Brian Rice bookie's favourite for the Falkirk job and their fans are happy with this.

If this is true,then Dougie(if still here)and Daz for me as plenty folk I know would want Buezelin nowhere near it.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu May 20, 2021 9:09 am

From the BBC gossip page.

“Scottish Cup finalists Hibernian and St Johnstone are keen to sign Scott McMann, who has two years to run on his Hamilton Academical contract. (Sun)

As for Rice going to Falkirk one can live in hope!
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies