Accies v Midden The Who Cares Cup Tie

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Midden The Who Cares Cup Tie

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:53 am

Well I don't sense excitement out there for this one. It feels like let's just get this out the way and get on with the remaining league games. As the stadium CEO says we could win the Cup and some fans wouldn't be happy. Really? Anyway I suspect Rice won't risk players who are injury prone or just coming back so a chance for the youngsters who haven't been been given extended contracts to earn them. Expect Jamie Hamilton to play but plastered with For sale stickers.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Midden The Who Cares Cup Tie

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:45 am

Did McGowan actually say that? What a cheek. A lot of fan discontentment and/or apathy would vanish if we won the Scottish Cup. Is there an Accies fan alive that has even seen us reach the semis? One of the reasons we have such a poor supporter base, in my opinion, is our lack of history. Even Morton and Dumbarton can say they are former cup winners. Rice was quite encouraging in his midweek half time interview at the Raith game - "gung ho, it's the cup, just go for it". Hopefully we will. I still want a cup run!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:14 pm

And I quote Stevie from the long rambling diatribe in which the stadium CEO denigrated the role of Accies fans. “We could finish third in the league and win the Scottish Cup and they’d still find something to criticise like the players didn’t have matching suits.” I for one will happily accept relegation if we win the Scottish Cup.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:01 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:And I quote Stevie from the long rambling diatribe in which the stadium CEO denigrated the role of Accies fans. “We could finish third in the league and win the Scottish Cup and they’d still find something to criticise like the players didn’t have matching suits.” I for one will happily accept relegation if we win the Scottish Cup.

Me too.

I'd happily accept relegation if it meant McGowan leaving.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:42 pm

I suspect that the Scottish Cup final will be a test event for the Euros with a greatly reduced capacity which in my opinion would suit us down to the ground. I really want a cup run as that’s 48 years going to Accies and only 1 league cup semi.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:55 pm

I think the CEO probably has a point! Some people on here would still find something to complain about.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:33 pm

Begs.hafc wrote:I think the CEO probably has a point! Some people on here would still find something to complain about.

I'd only complain if the open top bus route didn't go through Burnbank and toot the horn outside the Masonic.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:01 pm

Beautiful day - really wishing we could be there today. Looks like Oggy is out for the season. Personally I’d go with Anderson and Munro up front.
Come on Accies- let’s get through and get a decent home draw in the next round
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:59 pm

Ooh what a surprise. NOT. Apart from Oggie probably about the best team we have, so excuses should be good

Looking forward to Rice trotting out the usual shite, smallest budget boys gave it all, basic errors cost us the game, blah blah blah
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:03 pm

Comfortably and comprehensively beaten by Midden. Moyo’s miss makes me wonder why we extended his contract. Even in the championship can’t see him scoring. Ah well there’s always next year.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:08 pm

When was the last time we had a reasonable run in cup. Has there been one this century ??
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:56 pm

Rice having a meltdown on Clyde Superscoreboard. Under pressure and cracking up. :roll: :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:01 pm

smc4761 wrote:When was the last time we had a reasonable run in cup. Has there been one this century ??

The last one I remember ended up in a 6-2 defeat by Dundee United at East End Park!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:34 pm

southoftheborder wrote:
smc4761 wrote:When was the last time we had a reasonable run in cup. Has there been one this century ??

The last one I remember ended up in a 6-2 defeat by Dundee United at East End Park!

Last century, of course.

I remember it too. At 2-4, we were on top, and very much still in the game.

We’ve had at least three Scottish Cup quarter finals since then. The sorest being the extra time loss to a handball in the Dens Park replay. We’d have faced Gretna in the semis for a place in the final. 15 years ago, I think.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:54 pm

I think that's right, three quarter finals. We went from 1967 to 2006 failing to win two rounds in a row, utterly useless. One recent quarter was at Ibrox, when their goalie handled outside the box at 0-0 and the perfectly positioned linesman gave nothing. Joe Garner then almost launched Dougie Imrie into orbit and amazingly was only booked. We lost 6-0. I'd have loved a "heids gone" managerial rant after that one!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:42 am

TerracingTomas wrote:Rice having a meltdown on Clyde Superscoreboard. Under pressure and cracking up. :roll: :oops:

Rice losing it big style

https://planetradio.co.uk/podcasts/supe ... n/2042685/

Listen from 1h 30m
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:36 pm

And there's why yesterday was not a match to be just dismissed. The Old Firm draw each other and a path opens up for St Mirren to get to the semis. Mind you, having seen Inverness easily beat County I wouldn't have fancied our chances. But who cares, eh? Only 86 years since we got to the semis!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies