Crooked gangland agents

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Crooked gangland agents

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:20 am

Interesting Daily Record article. I’m sure none of our young academy stars use shady agents as described !!!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scot ... s-23807915
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Crooked gangland agents

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:29 pm

You just know we are that "one club". This has sickened me for years, I even raised it at a fan forum with Les Gray and didn't get an adequate answer. What gets me is, what are the parents thinking, allowing their child to be associated with scum? Or are they just too dim to realise? Accies have been happy to have the likes of Barry Hughes in their boardroom, posing for photographs. I was hugely disappointed in the James's choosing him as their agent. I wonder how much he made off the back of them?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:38 pm

We all know there have been 'shady' figures and dealings for years.This happens at other clubs also, so we are not alone, but whenever I see our young kids saddled up next to these characters,then it goes beyond the pail.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:15 pm

Funny how all of a sudden we get a “how wonderful the youth academy is” story a few days after the Records’ crooked gang land agents one. Just a coincidence?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... d-23816199
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:52 pm

I would have thought the idea of a youth academy was to bring through young lads, give them first team experience, develop them then hopefully sell them on. The money we make from that goes back into the youth system

So how have we done. Well the Record lists

James McArthur, James McCarthy, Docherty, Ferguson, Michael Devlin, Lee Kilday, Eamonn Brophy and Darren Lyons.”

McArthur, McCarthy were about 12 years ago, Docherty was about 3 years ago and they brought in money for the club. Of the rest Ferguson went for a song and I dont think we got anything for the rest. So is this a great investment ?

Some of the current first team players did come through the ranks but how many of them will we sell on for a reasonable fee. Not many.

You could argue that having the first team with academy players saves us from buying anyone or signing anyone on a free. But you have to ask does the investment match the end results
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:12 pm

Sacrilege SMC. Your not allowed to question the success or otherwise if the youth academy. But your not far off the mark. Unless we get a steady return of transfer money to subsidise the Academy then it’s no surprise the first team has the smallest budget in the Premiership. The 3 diamonds were a once in a lifetime achievement. Apart from them Hendrie, Docherty and Ferguson are the only ones to achieve 6 figure sums and Docherty was a fire sale transfer to cover the bank scam while Hendrie and Ferguson were development fees.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:32 pm

For sale sign in the window for Jamie Hamilton. The club are really desperate to off load him.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... k-23832397
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:39 pm

Yeah, TT, a really subtle piece of journalism. Another Fire Sale = Accies Skint.

And, would it not just be a Development Fee only here?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:19 pm

Got another year on his contract to go Porcupine which is why they are desperate to sell. If he doesn’t go in the summer I suspect his agents (guess who) will wait till the turn of this year and start hawking him round on a pre contract which means Accies would only get the development fee. Sell him this summer they would get a transfer fee and probably a sell on clause as part of the deal.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies