Next Accies manager AlexNeil.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Next Accies manager AlexNeil.

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:55 pm

Alex and Preston have parted ways. Been on a poor run of form lately and not likely to get a play off spot. Frankie Mcavoy is remaining as Interim head coach till the end of the season. So if ur Ronnie what do you do? Punt Rice out the door now and ask Alex to take charge for the remaining 5 games. Leave Rice n charge but have Alex lined-up for next season? Of course that assumes Alex would come back. I’ve read he and his family are settled in the Preston area. Please Ronnie pull out the stops and bring him back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56477270
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Next Accies manager AlexNeil.

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:13 pm

Sad to hear that but I half expected it after yet another home defeat yesterday. I think his sights will be set far higher than us and I expect his name to be linked to most jobs that become available in their second and third tiers. He showed Preston loyalty last season when his name was linked to bigger clubs so it's a shame they didn't give him more time. I think he had one of the lowest budgets in the league, certainly one of the lowest in the top half of the league, which is where they've been for the majority of his tenure.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:24 pm

I would be great to have him back but realistically if he were to return to Scotland it would be a Club of Aberdeen’s stature, not Accies
Euan
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:33 pm

Of course it would be great to have him back, but not going to happen. He will continue with a championship side, or at worst a decent league 1 side. Still have a much bigger budget, work with better players and have much higher salary than anything we could offer him.

Think he would be tempted back to Scotland but only to say Aberdeen, who just happen to be looking for a manager
smc4761
Premiership

Postby ManfromWaikato » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:59 am

I’d accepted that we could n’t get him back long term, but I wondered if it might be possible to get him back short term to help us stay in the top league.
ManfromWaikato
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:48 am

Rice still under contract, plus flying pigs seen in sky last night.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:39 pm

Rice’s contract runs out in the summer so wouldn't cost to pay him off now Porcupine but there has been no mention of contract from the Board so I suspect he has been handed a new one already after all he's one of the gang :oops: :oops: and pigs are not allowed to fly during lockdown :lol:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:50 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Rice’s contract runs out in the summer so wouldn't cost to pay him off now Porcupine but there has been no mention of contract from the Board so I suspect he has been handed a new one already after all he's one of the gang :oops: :oops: and pigs are not allowed to fly during lockdown :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one,TT :roll:

Though, BR's 'new' contract might be dependant on keeping us up :?: :?:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby FergiesBawls » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:45 pm

FergiesBawls
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:10 am

Good friend of mine has close links to Salford.Rumour is he is talking over from Richie Wellins who was sacked yesterday.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:08 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Good friend of mine has close links to Salford.Rumour is he is talking over from Richie Wellins who was sacked yesterday.

Oh bugger, I hate that club. Will feel wrong wanting him to fail.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies