Post Spllt Games

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Post Spllt Games

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:36 pm

So we need to beat both County and Killy and hope for the extra odd point from the other three who have nothing to play for, other than pride.
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Post Spllt Games

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:00 pm

Next weeks fixtures are humungous.

If we beat st mirren which we are more than capable of and st Johnstone beat Ross co which they are more than capable of then st Johnstone grab 6th spot.

A draw is no good to st mirren as any win for st Johnstone gives them superior goal difference.

We might find if st Johnstone are winning next week and it filters through to Goodwin which it will I think they’ve no choice but to open up and potentially leave themselves to get exploited on the break.

Plus I would prefer st mirren in the bottom 6 than st Johnstone.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:03 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:
Plus I would prefer st mirren in the bottom 6 than st Johnstone.

Agreed. St J's have always been a bogey team for us.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:31 am

Struggle to think of games where we’ve beaten St Johnstone in the last 10 years, apart from when they had 2 men sent off and it still took a last minute winner. More chance of a point at love st.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:55 pm

Euan wrote:Struggle to think of games where we’ve beaten St Johnstone in the last 10 years, apart from when they had 2 men sent off and it still took a last minute winner. More chance of a point at love st.

We won both home games against them in Rice's first half season. The second one was a huge game post split where we clinched tenth place. Ziggy and Steve Davies scored.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:42 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
Euan wrote:Struggle to think of games where we’ve beaten St Johnstone in the last 10 years, apart from when they had 2 men sent off and it still took a last minute winner. More chance of a point at love st.

We won both home games against them in Rice's first half season. The second one was a huge game post split where we clinched tenth place. Ziggy and Steve Davies scored.

Yes Easton was just back from injury and played his last game for Saints. There have been games we’ve won but that other one was the only victory I could immediately recall. Our record against them is terrible going back 10-15 years.
Euan
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:13 pm

Form team in last six games is Dundee United with 8 points. Well with 7, County & Midden with 6, Killy with 4, then Accies with 3.

Make of that as you will, plus our chances of beating Raith/Dunfermline/Dee should we manage play-off place. Looking less likely at this point to expect survival.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:46 pm

Fixtures here

https://spfl.co.uk/news/post-split-fixtures-47570

3 home v Dundee Utd, Well and Killie
2 away v Midden and Ross County
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:06 pm

Good that Killie and County play in the first round of games as that gets it over with and we know what’s required.
It’s at Rugby Park so I’m expecting a home win as Kilmarnock start to pull clear of relegation.
I thought we’d play Utd away as we’ve played them at home twice already, so that’s a bonus for the opener. Motherwell home too then away to Saints.
County away then Kilmarnock at home to finish leaves it exciting hopefully.
We’ll have to win in Dingwall and then if Kilmarnock are safe and in holiday mode we might just scrape 11th.
The order of games leaves us with a chance.
Euan
Premiership

Return to The Accies