Accies v Saints

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Saints

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:52 pm

Congratulations to Saints on their League Cup win. A club that understands why their fans value cup runs and understand the huge business benefits a cup run/win can bring. Meanwhile back in panto land can we take 3 points? Oh yes we can. Not sure if Saints will have a hangover but irrespective let’s take the game to them and see what happens.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Saints

Postby porcupine » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:03 pm

No reasons why Accies should not press St J from the start. Their legs are bound to be a bit sore, even after nearly three days rest from the last game :D Not many jobs give you that amount of recovery time from a busy day at work.

With 10 days rest, we will either be fighting fit and raring to go, or be rusty. It's a big three points if we get it right on the night, especially at home on our tricky 'plastic' pitch.

BTW, whatever happened to David Templeton? Permanently injured now??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:19 am

I’m still raging about the Hibs game! We put up a decent showing with 10 men and I’m sure that we have a chance of all 3 points tomorrow night in the circumstances.
If Oggie and Aaron Martin are fit I’d be a bit more confident. Anyone have any news on these 2?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:37 pm

Oggy out until April apparently. So it's maybe a chance for Calum Smith at Pittodrie with Bruce obviously out. Is it correct that Nathan Thomas slipped and hurt himself on the recent ice and that's why he's out? Getting him back for this or Saturday would be a boost.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:40 pm

They’re all big games at this stage, as Motherwell showed with 3 points from Easter Road moving them clear (for now).
A victory would be massive.
We should be capable of getting one, especially if Martin is fit, although Oggy will be a miss.
Saints don’t have much to play for (unlikely to catch St Mirren for the top 6) and should be basking in a post Cup Final malaise.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:46 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:Oggy out until April apparently. So it's maybe a chance for Calum Smith at Pittodrie with Bruce obviously out. Is it correct that Nathan Thomas slipped and hurt himself on the recent ice and that's why he's out? Getting him back for this or Saturday would be a boost.

Didn’t know Bruce is out of this game, what up with him?
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:44 am

Big Wurzil wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:Oggy out until April apparently. So it's maybe a chance for Calum Smith at Pittodrie with Bruce obviously out. Is it correct that Nathan Thomas slipped and hurt himself on the recent ice and that's why he's out? Getting him back for this or Saturday would be a boost.

Didn’t know Bruce is out of this game, what up with him?

I was looking ahead to Saturday, a bit daft when tonight's game is so crucial. Poorly worded.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:37 pm

Reckon if we dont win this tonight we are gone, either finishing bottom or 11th at best.

Only 3 teams really involved for relegation Ross, Killie and us. After this we have 2 away games Aberdeen, Livi and home to St Midden

In total after tonight we have 8 games left and I reckon we need to win 3 or 4 of them

whoo hoo, we have just scored 38 mins
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:59 pm

A cracker of a goal. In fact Accies goal of the season so far? Anyway sets us up nicely for the second half.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:18 pm

Once again losing a late bloody goal. Can the team not defend for 90 minutes. Should have had 6 points against County and St Johnstone and be sitting pretty, but we only have 1 point
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:33 pm

Picked this fans’ comment up from Twitter and for me sums it up.

“Our weak bench cost us. Their subs made a positive difference, ours weakened us.”

And next up Aberdeen and I understand we can’t play Bruce so god knows who we play up front with Moyo.
Last edited by TerracingTomas on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:42 pm

Two well taken individual goals and 1-1 probably a fair result as both teams had spells on top but yet again the disappointment of a late goal takes any shine off the point.
Commentary much better, I actually enjoyed listening to much of it.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Westender » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:01 pm

I think in retrospect that disruption in defence with the substitution caused the goal, but a good point the same at Pittodrie will do nicely, players all appear to be giving 100 per cent effort can't ask for any more
Westender
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:05 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Picked this fans’ comment up from Twitter and for me sums it up.

“Our weak bench cost us. Their subs made a positive difference, ours weakened us.”

And next up Aberdeen and I understand we can’t play Bruce so god knows who we play up front with Moyo.

Winter or Calum Smith presumably. Good to see Thomas back involved. A point on Saturday would be great and my preference, a County win over Killie to keep their awful run going.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:27 pm

Gutted, but as others have already stated and I keep going on about, it is our bench and ultimately lack of ambition in January Window that will beat us.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Return to The Accies