Hibees V Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Hibees V Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:37 pm

Hibs league form suggests a home win. But they are not without their frailties. Livingston’s 3 - 0 win at the beginning of the year and St Johnstone’s league cup victory show we can get a result. Hibs have had plenty of time to recover since beating Aberdeen and we must be tiring but show the same attitude as against Rangers and who knows.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Hibees V Accies

Postby Bluesy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:09 am

So we know Aaron Martin is out.
A really big decision regarding Odoffin now.
We lose his excellent midfield presence but get great cover at the back.
Stirling (not for me) or Minmaugh maybe? If Zizu is out of the midfield.
It’s a pity because I think we have a chance to take something.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:00 pm

Think Shaun Want is back in the squad. If so I’d leave Oddofin in midfield and bring Want into defence.
We could definitely get something today if we continue the recent form.
More reason not to change it too much.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:21 pm

That'll be that then, just keep the score down now.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:27 pm

Thought Fulton could have done more re the goal but he's been playing a blinder since. We’re still in it at 1 - 0 and Killie are 1 down so if we manage an equaliser we could still move up the table. Unlikely I know but.......
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:32 pm

Oh well that's that then.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:42 pm

Killie are on some losing run - eight in a row since they beat us 2-0 in January. We've never been as bad as that in our recent Premier seasons. And another hefty home cuffing for Well, so not all bad news.

I think they should appeal that red. It may have been a bit reckless but he won the ball and barely made any contact with Boyle.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:18 pm

And also some time before next game to get those minor injuries healed?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:18 am

Plenty went wrong in this game from Ogympoe hitting the post, the sending off,soft first goal,the non penalty and Easton slipping and then a deflected cross for the second goal.

Fwiw,we need Odoffin in midfield as we are weakened when we put him back in defence.

On the plus side,the heads never went down and Killie and The Well continue their slide with morale sapping defeats.

Worry for me is if Oggy is again out for a spell, as we have no decent back up on the bench and against Aberdeen if Bruce Anderson can't play, that will weaken us further.

We really should have brought in another striker along with Anderson as Moyo,Winter and Callum Smith weaken the team as soon as any of them enter the pitch.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:47 am

Everything YeOldeHamiltonian says is spot on.
January Window will come back to haunt us, a real opportunity missed.
The way Accies play, Injuries & suspensions are an obvious consequence.
A real shame as the 1st 11 are now a real threat and good to watch.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:03 am

it really is a roller coaster. The arrival of Bruce and a willingness to play 2 up front appeared to be a major turning point with an uplift in performance. I agree that despite everything going wrong that could go wrong on Saturday the team never looked down and out. We kept faith with 2 up front and had a go. With Killie and Well looking really ropey and the pundits, while acknowledging we were part of that bottom 4, favouring us over the other 3 I was still upbeat. Last nights result has knocked some stuffing out of me and realistically if Oggie and martin are out for a while we just dont have the depth in the squad. Whats on the bench is effectively the youth team who have so far failed to establish themselves and dont look like doing so this season. Its going down the wire as usual.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:15 pm

Red card now a yellow but nil points not 3!

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/jamie-ha ... uccessful/
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:26 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:it really is a roller coaster. The arrival of Bruce and a willingness to play 2 up front appeared to be a major turning point with an uplift in performance. I agree that despite everything going wrong that could go wrong on Saturday the team never looked down and out. We kept faith with 2 up front and had a go. With Killie and Well looking really ropey and the pundits, while acknowledging we were part of that bottom 4, favouring us over the other 3 I was still upbeat. Last nights result has knocked some stuffing out of me and realistically if Oggie and martin are out for a while we just dont have the depth in the squad. Whats on the bench is effectively the youth team who have so far failed to establish themselves and dont look like doing so this season. Its going down the wire as usual.

Think that Martin would be a real loss to us , he's an organiser and a real influence to Jamie Hamilton which let's Easton get on with his game.
I think Moyo could fill Oggy's boots given some work in training as a pair. I saw enough on Saturday when he came on to think he could provide lay offs to Anderson.

We better hope Anderson stays fit.
Stodmeister
Championship

Return to The Accies