Accies v Staggies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Staggies

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:48 pm

County have had a busy transfer window selling 2 players to Sunderland and Coventry and bringing in several so Im not sure what to expect. 3 points to County and that surely is the end for us. Havent watched a PPV game since the beginning of december but Ill give this a go. Talk about a 'Forlorn Hope”.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Staggies

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:13 pm

Just win please, really dont fancy the consequences that will follow relegation with current situation at club.
C'Mon the Accies.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby Begs.hafc » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:46 pm

C'mon the real hoops! What's the chances of a debut goal for Bruce Anderson?
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beardy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:58 pm

Utter pish - 70 minutes off hoofing the ball into space in the vain hope of an accie getting to it first, even some throw ins didnt reach a red and white shirt ffs!

3 goals from Ross County, one of them gift aid.
Think that's the season fucked now.

What are the pies like in Alloa anyway?
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:12 pm

I knew when they equalised there would only be one team pushing to win it. Think that's it, whenever the season finishes.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:22 pm

He’ll take us down next season, too. We are the laughing stock of Scottish football. Again.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:45 pm

Like others, I'm sure that result means we are now fluck-ed. Are there not questions on fitness and tactics where we see another collapse in the last ten minutes?

Can't remember a bad pie at The Reca but can recommend the stovies at New Methil when we play East Fife at some point soon.

Didn't think I'd live long enough to be doing the round of the other football grounds again, but with Cove to add to the list, bring 'em on!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:46 pm

porcupine wrote:Like others, I'm sure that result means we are now fluck-ed. Are there not questions on fitness and tactics where we see another collapse in the last ten minutes?

Can't remember a bad pie at The Recs but can recommend the stovies at New Methil when we play East Fife at some point soon.

Didn't think I'd live long enough to be doing the round of the other football grounds again, but with Cove to add to the list, bring 'em on!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:08 pm

Despite not being great,we were seeing that game out until the terrible first three substitutions.

Bringing on two wee boys not physically up to this level and the lump that is Moyo left us severely weakened.They brought on Gardyne and White who brought experience and physicality.

Dare I say it,a Will Collar for the final 15 minutes to shore up play would have been the better option...oh wait,he is away while Trafford and Ronan Hughes are still here.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:18 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Despite not being great,we were seeing that game out until the terrible first three substitutions.

Bringing on two wee boys not physically up to this level and the lump that is Moyo left us severely weakened.They brought on Gardyne and White who brought experience and physicality.

Dare I say it,a Will Collar for the final 15 minutes to shore up play would have been the better option...oh wait,he is away while Trafford and Ronan Hughes are still here.

Yes, just what I mean about questions re tactics. 5 mins to go, still one up, and we should be closing the door, surely?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby ManfromWaikato » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:34 pm

Not sure what Accies do in training, but there is clearly no time spent on how to see out a game.
ManfromWaikato
Pub League

Postby Beardy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:46 pm

ManfromWaikato wrote:Not sure what Accies do in training, but there is clearly no time spent on how to see out a game.

Nae idea either - sure as shit they don't practice passing to someone wearing the same coloured shirt, how to throw in to a teammate or how to beat the first man from a corner.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:48 pm

First game I’ve watched in a while and it was shaping up to be one in which I hoped I was going to eat my words based on the first half. Bruce gets his goal and I credit him with it for persevering and forcing the own goal but no, usual second half story we fade County come into it and our substitutions don’t improve anything. Can you honestly see us surviving. Rice can’t. Already talking about the ‘monumental’ task facing us v Rangers. The only saving grace is the removal of Bobby the jobby. You have to ask why it took so long.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:10 pm

Thats us well and truly fucked and do you know what the board are getting exactly what they deserve.

McGowan and co dont give a flying fuck about the team on park and its back to obscurity we go

What have the team learned improved or since Canning hee haw. Nothing. We are goal up with 10 minutes to go and how many on here thought, we know whats gonna happen next, for about the 20 th bloody time
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:00 am

Reflecting on jobbygate did Paisley Panda not get a red card a few years ago for taunting the away fans by standing in front of them and wiping his panda bum with a towel? Bobby could maybe get a new gig with the Midden.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:35 am

It was coming.

Only one team forcing it and if we can’t have periods of decent possession v the team deemed to be the 2nd worst in the league then its goodnight Vienna.

Got what we deserved this season.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:40 am

Thing is, under Rice we have tended to see out games when we've been winning. Watching the highlights, we looked so open. It might not have been popular, but we should have put everybody behind the ball for the final fifteen minutes and not given them any space. We could have found ourselves two points ahead of them with two games in hand. A huge opportunity wasted.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies