Scottish Cup

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Scottish Cup

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:46 pm

So it’s St Mirren at NDP. I expect Brophy to score and a quick exit for Accies. Nothing about the tie makes me want to part with £15 quid. More enjoyment these days watching the likes of Bonnyrigg having a real go.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Scottish Cup

Postby Euan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:01 pm

No replays this season, so it could be an interesting watch, possibly going to penalties.
Better if it’s decided over 90 minutes though, as we’ve got Ross County the following midweek, which is a more important game.
Euan
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:00 pm

At least we will be the underdogs in this one. They are playing much better than we are so, if, and only if, we are defeated, then we can 'concentrate :lol: on the league'.

Memories of a trip up north to "thrash" Buckie Thistle in the Cup, and then witnessing a humilitating 2-0 defeat, still linger in the mind :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:55 pm

I know what folk are meaning but this "more important game in midweek" is exactly the attitude that has seen us fail to reach a semi final since 1979. Why shouldn't we have a good run AND stay up? Granted there's nothing about our form or injury/Covid situation that gives me any confidence we can achieve that but we shouldn't give the management a ready made excuse.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:04 am

Stevie is correct here.It is the biggest bugbear for many of us watching every other medium sized club in the country get to Semi-Finals and Finals with us nowhere to be seen.

A decent Cup run may have another added bonus in that we would be able to get our many injured " game time" in these games to help us in our annual fight for survival.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies