Rudderless Hamilton v Managerless Motherwell

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Rudderless Hamilton v Managerless Motherwell

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:28 pm

I see Robinson approached the Well Board after Wednesday’s defeat with an honest assessment of where his team was and asked to resign.The Board accepted his resignation. Brian just do it. Mind you our Board would probably give him a new contract.

As to the game still think it’s Wells’ to lose.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Rudderless Hamilton v Managerless Motherwell

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:10 pm

0-2 Motherwell to see Lasley get the Motherwell job permanently then not win another game until he is sacked or they play us again.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:55 pm

Only Callachan back, Scott Martin seemingly still out. All because he noised up Vigurs after he scored and he lashed out. Robinson is a strange one, it was only last week they played Dundee United off the park and were really unlucky to only draw. I'll take a point right now. Bloody Hibs have knackered everything!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:47 pm

Anyone remember the New Years Day derby which must have been about 1981 or 82. The game was at Fir Park and as I remember it we won 4-2. Neil Howie scored at least 1 and Shuggie Sprott was in goal for them (swing on the bar guy).
The night before was a disaster as my mum gave me 2 big bottles of Old English cider as I wasn’t allowed alcohol :!: - I was sick in my sleep and had no memory of getting home. I nearly didn’t make it but my dad forgave me (even though it wasn’t my fault) and gave me a lift over to Motherwell. Accies were fantastic and got me over my first ever hangover.
I have genuinely never drank cider since (couldn’t drink apple juice until about the year 2000!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:54 pm

Actually might have been 1979 or 80
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:27 pm

Bluesy wrote:Actually might have been 1979 or 80

It was 80/81, my first season but I only went to about ten home games. We won 3-1 - Mick McManus, Brian Wright and Neil Howie. I think Sproat was caught around the half way line and Howie ran through to score into an empty net.

The 4-2 win you're probably thinking of was 86/87, Albert Craig scoring all four.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:48 pm

It was 3-1 and my abiding memory is Sproat stranded at the half-way line as Neil Howie raced in to score.

As for Saturday,if Scott Martin is still out, then there should be retrospective action against that twat Vigurs.

They may get the new Manager bounce,although if they do,then it will be in large part due to our current selection woes.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:02 am

Yes that’s the goal I remember- we scored at the end I was standing at (which was the home end normally) and my dad who doesn’t normally get too excited was jumping up and down when Sprott was stuck at half way! Brilliant end to a terrible day.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:38 am

So 40 years ago tonight was my cider Armageddon.

Happy new year everyone and here’s hoping for a similar score!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:24 am

I was clearing out a jacket this morning and found my Rangers v Accies ticket from last year (Moyo 0-1).
The team below us had just unexpectedly won at Easter Road to go above us and we seemed doomed.

Disappointed that Scott Martin won’t make it - hopefully a midfielder or 2 in the January sales
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:07 am

BBC Alba have finally decided to cover another Lanarkshire Derby, their first for several seasons. Full match replay tomorrow from 6pm.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:20 am

Judging by the black ice everywhere,I wonder if the game is in any doubt?

Tbh,it would suit both parties:us with our lengthy injury list and The Well with no Manager.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Working for Cunard » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:32 pm

And it’s now 3-0.
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:44 pm

Looking forward to watching the game on Alba but I think Callaghan makes a difference to that team.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:16 pm

Credit where credit is due, here. BR must have got the team pick just right today, as a three nil defeat of our 'better neighbours' is not to be dismissed lightly, even though they may be playing just as poorly as us at present.

Four points out of six!!! Wow!! Even though our Goals Against at 45 is seriously worse that everyone else.

Stop tinkering, Chipper, and keep the same eleven against Killy, with Stanger starting? He always looked more than competent in the Reserve/ Youth League games so hopefully this was his big chance to shine. Alba tomorrow will let us all see how well he coped.

Congrats to all who achieved a great derby victory and three points. Enjoy the rare Win bonus.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:38 pm

It’s tonight at 6pm porcupine unless ur recording it for tomorrow !!!
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:51 pm

Get in there!! 3-0. FTW!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:32 pm

Amazing result. Pleased for Rice even though I wanted him gone after Annan and then Stranraer. Seriously, how can Motherwell and Hearts get to cup finals recently and we lose twice to fourth tier sides and can't even get out of an easy group?

Some unsung heroes today, watching it on Alba just now. Aaron Martin solid in defence and Ben Stirling doing well in a midfield role. Alba getting the line up wrong, with Martin in midfield and Stirling at the back.

Not sure I want those suspended points back now as Motherwell would get six back and go two points above us. Far better to play the matches as I think most clubs will end up making mistakes with the protocols.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:38 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:It’s tonight at 6pm porcupine unless ur recording it for tomorrow !!!

B**g*r it! Didn't see this until after I had my tea, so can only watch Sportscene later for the goals. It's probably the last game on (for all of 120 seconds,) as they usually leave the Accies till later, especially with a Celgers game on for about 20 mins then another 10 of discussion:)

Thanks, TT, for the info regardless.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:01 pm

I said tomorrow yesterday but I did post very late on so I'm guessing you only saw it this morning, porcupine. Sorry!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies