Saints v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Saints v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:56 pm

Saint Johnstone have lost the last 4 and have had a man red carded in 3 of these so they are definitely beatable. Not been a happy hunting ground for us but a real opportunity to pickup 3 while those around us drop points.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Saints v Accies

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:59 pm

Comfortable home win.

You must be still feeling the after effects of the crimbo Sherry.

2-1 up and guy sent off v st mirren and finally caved in last 10 minutes. Hardly a bad result.

Lost 3-0 to rangers, mind they put 8 past us with 20 minutes to spare. Hardly a bad result.

Lost 2-1 to Aberdeen after being in front. Hardly a bad result.

The only thing i can see is our usual sit in sit in sit in sit in and BOOM catch them out 20 minutes to go with an overload and steal 3 points
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:39 pm

Mmmmm. wonder how this will go. St Johnstone, our bogey team on a bad run, needing the points and as luck would have it for them along come Accies. Script is already written how this one will go
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:49 am

Obviously really hoping for a result. It’s getting really intense already and with the 3 St Mirren points in jeopardy it’s more important than ever to get some points this week.

If St Mirren and Kilmarnock win their appeal there’s no way we should be playing these games incidentally. St Mirren in particular seemed to just decide to not play when they were a few players down due to COVID!

I was actually pleasantly surprised by some of the performances against Shellick, in particular Gourlay and Winter but we really need Scott Martin back for tomorrow. Odoffin does the Gogic role well (looked after Turnbull really well) but we need another midfielder in beside him.

Here’s hoping!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:39 am

Bluesy wrote:Obviously really hoping for a result. It’s getting really intense already and with the 3 St Mirren points in jeopardy it’s more important than ever to get some points this week.

If St Mirren and Kilmarnock win their appeal there’s no way we should be playing these games incidentally. St Mirren in particular seemed to just decide to not play when they were a few players down due to COVID!

I was actually pleasantly surprised by some of the performances against Shellick, in particular Gourlay and Winter but we really need Scott Martin back for tomorrow. Odoffin does the Gogic role well (looked after Turnbull really well) but we need another midfielder in beside him.

Here’s hoping!

Gourlay who sold the second? Some looking after Turnbull he done if he was letting him score.

2-0 Stevie May and Chris Kane
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:10 pm

It’s all about opinions but I was expecting a disaster from Gourlay and it certainly wasn’t that. The way the ball ended up at Turnbull’s feet would take any blame away from Odoffin (in my opinion).
As I said however Odoffin needs some real midfielder support otherwise he does look a bit like a defender playing in midfield.
I can’t say I’ll be surprised with a 2-0 defeat but more likely higher scoring if it’s a defeat.
0-1 Winter!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:54 pm

Accies 9/1 at Coral. We're on the same number of points as them! C'mon Accies, let's bash the bookies.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:56 pm

Well better than a kick in the teeth I suppose but following the game via BBC text it looks like another turgid performance so I'm fortunate not to have wasted my money on ppv.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Good point, glad I never watched it! We rarely come back with anything from there, even when we won the league we lost both times. Hoping Callachan and Martin are back for the derby.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Alty accie » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:43 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Well better than a kick in the teeth I suppose but following the game via BBC text it looks like another turgid performance so I'm fortunate not to have wasted my money on ppv.

I paid £17.99 to watch PPV. Stupid me. All we did was lump the ball forward in the hope of finding Moyo.
Absolute garbage.
Alty accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:27 pm

£17.99 what an absolute rip off.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:23 pm

I have to actually agree with Bobby Bollocks who made the point repeatedly about Sheena just lumping it forward. Absolutely rubbish! Give Stanger a shot against Motherwell please and see if we can play SOME football.
On the positive side Winter looks like he’s perhaps going to be up to it.
We desperately need actual midfielders now.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:24 am

Bluesy wrote:I have to actually agree with Bobby Bollocks who made the point repeatedly about Sheena just lumping it forward. Absolutely rubbish! Give Stanger a shot against Motherwell please and see if we can play SOME football.

Clown.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:48 am

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:
Bluesy wrote:I have to actually agree with Bobby Bollocks who made the point repeatedly about Sheena just lumping it forward. Absolutely rubbish! Give Stanger a shot against Motherwell please and see if we can play SOME football.

Clown.

me, Sheena, Stanger or bobby bollocks?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:55 am

Bluesy wrote:
Scotty Tunbridge wrote:

Clown.

Surely scotty you're not happy to see Easton punt it 40 yards forward every single time he gets the ball? Granted I haven't seen much of Stanger but we can't continue with this.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:17 pm

Bluesy. I assume you watched the game so how did Stanger do? I appreciate he was only on 15 minutes or so but Im hoping he did enough to be considered for a start.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:48 pm

I did watch the game and admittedly there was not enough time to properly appraise Stanger.

I've watched all the games, in particular the last 2, and I've definitely had enough time to watch Easton blast it forward at every opportunity. I was screaming at the telly yesterday (I do appreciate that he may be following orders) and I just think that Stanger has got to be worth a try. A good long throw in and he tried to play to feet however it was only 15 minutes.

I'd move Odoffin back in a heartbeat if we had any midfielders capable of that role in midfield and i just don't think we do at present.

Motherwell are a bit of a shambles at present but teams just seem to get a bounce whenever a manager leaves.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:09 pm

Bluesy wrote:
Scotty Tunbridge wrote:

Clown.

You for making the serious suggestion that we should drop our captain and best defender for an untried youth player because he isn’t bringing the ball out of defence. Which is obviously per Rice’s instruction of ‘GET IT UP TO MOYO’. We have seen Sheena play decent passes out of defence countless times in the pass.

If you value the ball getting played out from the back so much away and watch the champions league or the Barclays. In our situation a defenders job is to defend first.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:52 pm

From the BBC's website today

[i][i]Ross County's win away to Hibernian means Rice's men end the year in 12th.

"It was exactly what I was after," Rice said.
[/i][/i]

Perhaps a Freudian slip by the BBC editor but maybe an omen of things to come?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:15 pm

Now that’s proper naughty Porcupine. You know fine well he was referring to the teams performance against Saints. Mind you I stopped listening to anything he had to say weeks ago so just maybe ur right :lol:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies