December Fixtures

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

December Fixtures

Postby porcupine » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am

Any more optimism about with all our peers having to play quarter finals on December 15/16/17 in addition to league games? Or will some of those league games be postponed?
porcupine
Premiership

Re: December Fixtures

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:22 pm

206 views and no replies

But like our team, a shower of pathetic caaants
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:00 am

Thanks for the response, BW. That's what I was thinking yesterday. Why did I bother even posting a new thread?

It's not only my enthusiasm that is running out now, but clearly many others.

A combination of compulsory Covid non-attendance and a poorly managed team of journeymen?

Don't expect any further replies now. :cry:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:31 pm

I’m not a caaant , so I’ll reply ...
I have no optimism for the upcoming fixtures ...
We might pick up some points , but it won’t be enough....
Sad to say it , but even if we get rid of Rice today , the players , IMO , just aren’t good enough....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:40 pm

It's a championship squad at best and a poor one at that.

If we went down who would manage to get a move to a premiership team?

I'm toiling :shock:
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:It's a championship squad at best and a poor one at that.

If we went down who would manage to get a move to a premiership team?

I'm toiling :shock:

Just to keep the thread running now that we have a couple of other posters.......
Without actually seeing the players from week to week, it's a difficult call on what BW says. Odoffin & Scott Martin are the only ones that spring to mind as premiership squad players.

This season it'll take a major miracle to avoid even a play-off place.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:41 pm

With the constant changing of the players and formation, is it any surprise that the team is performing so poorly. The team is so reliant on Temps to actually create anything and without him we are off to seaside leagues. Rice has almost 2 years now to sort this out, the team is pretty much his team and IMHO there has been no improvement since the dark days of Canning. Some of the youngsters are actually going backwards.

if we have any hope of staying up and it will be a big ask we need to get rid of him now, but please do not promote from within eg Dougie, that is not what we need at this moment.

Personally now that Gary Holt has left Livi, I would jump at the chance to have him as manager
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:50 pm

I don't think our squad is as poor as others on this forum. It's difficult to stand out in a team as poor as Accies have been this season but McMann & Oggy easily have the ability and physical attributes to play Premier league football while others like Odoffin and Callaghan could do a job too.

I do actually have some positivity going in to December. Rice has seemed to have seen the light (or possibly someone has had a word in his ear) and realised that changing your team / formation every game isn't the way to build a successful team. Rice appears to have made the decision that Easton and Aaron Martin are his first choices and correctly given them the game time to get match fit to the detriment of the results over that period (despite a half fit Easton and Martin we still should have had enough to progress from that league cup group). We now have a very experienced defence and Martin looks like an astute signing. Whether that's enough to survive is highly dubious but being hard to beat is a start and one that might just bring enough points in December to keep January, February interesting.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies