Arabs v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Arabs v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:37 pm

Brian has tried using the fans angst at recent results to motivate the players, that didn’t work. Now it’s the turn of his anger at social media posts. Meanwhile United fans seem pessimistic re their chances so a good time to play Accies. With Moyo back from international duties with 2 caps and our recent signings nearer match fitness I’m quietly confident we will deliver just not sure what. Not sure if I even care.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Arabs v Accies

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:17 pm

Need to keep a look out for Lawrence of Arabia here :lol: , he could shoot us down.

Just hope team selection gives us a hint of chance, but suspect Winter is coming :) :) :) :) :)
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:27 pm

What are the chances of not giving them a 3 goal start.

Comfortable win for Arabs.

Usual nonsense from The Pudding, about lads giving it everything, not defending as good as we could, we knuckle down on training ground, blah blah blah.

Sorry mate you have become Canning mark 2
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:46 pm

Pack the defence for the first thirty minutes then gradually try to make some advances forward. Time for Nathan Thomas to show something. We are due an unlikely win, why not tomorrow?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:20 am

I admire the optimism shown by some of those above but as always this soon evaporates once we see the team sheet with the usual players out of position,lack of a settled formation and the general Accies selection bingo.

Must say,I feel sorry for George Stanger as every other haddy has been tried in defence and despite being outstanding any time in the reserves/under 21's,he has never had a chance in his preferred position under this Manager.

The one time he did play was as a right wing back last season where he was dreadful any time he had to play there in the reserves.That, right there sums up Rice.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Westender » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:05 am

I would predict a 3 nil defeat as confidence is so low.
However this is exactly when when we usually pull out a result when everything is stacked against us , you never know
Westender
Pub League

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:24 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I admire the optimism shown by some of those above but as always this soon evaporates once we see the team sheet with the usual players out of position,lack of a settled formation and the general Accies selection bingo.

Must say,I feel sorry for George Stanger as every other haddy has been tried in defence and despite being outstanding any time in the reserves/under 21's,he has never had a chance in his preferred position under this Manager.

The one time he did play was as a right wing back last season where he was dreadful any time he had to play there in the reserves.That, right there sums up Rice.

I agree Stanger should have been given more game time but now feel his chance has gone.

There's a few players seem to have went backwards in progression this season and the blame for that can only lie at one man's door.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:03 pm

Pretty sure Stangers' contract was up at the end of last season so the club obviously thought enough of him to give him another contract for this season and add him to the first team squad. He came back from the under 20’s world cup and I thought he would get a first team shot then as his performances for New Zealand were excellent. Instead he went to EK on loan. Must have done well there as when EK’s manager moved to Forfar he took Stanger there during the janaury window. If bomb scare Jamie Hamilton can get regular game time dont understand why we havent seen more of Stanger. But what do I know in Chipper we trust (Not a lot).
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:43 pm

Stanger played most of his games for EK at right back. In fairness to Rice with no reserve or youth football and bounce games being problematic to arrange it is difficult to get fringe players match time, however the failure to progress our younger players is another failing of our manager. Hamilton, Minmaugh and Winter are all very talented and technically good players but not one of them has progressed this season.

Not confident but hoping for some improvement today. That's an experience defence that Rice now has at his disposal so there is no excuse to lose goals like we have been recently. Time to settle on a formation and a consistent starting 11 and then run with it. I'd like to see 4-5-1 with more pace in the team especially in wide areas and I'd also be finding a starting place for Minmaugh who in the absence of templeton is our best set piece taker.

No more kidding on that playing 2 up front with 2 strikers that look like they haven't met before is somehow attacking and entertaining football.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Oh what a surprise, NOT. Take the lead and then throw it away. Suppose it makes a change from giving teams a 3 goal start.

With St Midden winning we are well and truly adrift at bottom.

Its been a good run over the years but unless board are prepared to take tough decisions, get rid of The Pudding, we are off to seaside leagues for years to come
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:18 pm

Probably as good as it gets from Hamilton and we still lost. GD -21 and 4 adrift at the bottom. Rice isn’t going to turn this around and the squad isn’t good enough. The Board isn’t going to dump Rice and if we are further adrift by the New Year we won’t see any investment in the squad. Only positive I switched to the United commentary team second half.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies