Times up

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Times up

Postby Westender » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:55 am

I think Mr Rice has to walk, sure he is a nice man with great football knowledge, but it's a results driven industry.
I would give dougie a chance , at least he would bring back some passion, the players would perform or put out the door.

Bring daz back as assistant even if we inevitably go down we would go down fighting
Westender
Pub League

Re: Times up

Postby monkeybones » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:45 am

Yep. Time to go..
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Plump Larkyaccie HAW » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:56 am

HAW yer time is up egg fried n take that French onion & the big lump used cor salesman tae fck way ye SAKE
Plump Larkyaccie HAW
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:33 pm

It has to be done today otherwise they are just treating us with contempt.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Jacobsladder1966 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:08 pm

This is a horrible thing to say - i've been a fan of Accies since I was 5 since My dad lifted me over the turnstiles at the old Douglas Park - I was there when we beat Hibs in the playoffs and I walked on air when walking through Princes St wearing my Accies scarf.
Now I simply don't care - I've had enough . The Board don't care - they treat this club as their own personal plaything with no consideration to any one who has followed them all their lives.
As an Accies fan in Edinburgh, I could support a team here - Edinburgh City for a League 2 club have a set up and a web site years in advance of ours, they are making signings and they are winning matches. This is now a real problem and I'm sure im not the only Accies fan who feels like this - do I stick with a team who is going nowhere or do I switch after 48 years of support?
I know the phrase Once an Accie always an Accie, but we all come to the point where we say F**K IT and i think i'm there
Jacobsladder1966
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:30 pm

I think Jacobsladder if I stopped supporting accies I would have difficulty supporting another team. I wouldnt give up on football all together but would pick and choose games probably in the lower leagues. Sadly the longer we go with out fans the more this strengthens the argument of those at the club who believe they dont need home fans (just a bunch of whiners not to be pandered too). Ive said it before if Accies the team went bust tomorrow Mcgowan would welcome Clyde or Caledonian Braves to the stadium as another tenant. As the man himself has said "Im not interested in football but the business of football." :cry:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:27 pm

Interview with Daz to be found on lanarkshire live website. Its not brians fault its the squad.

He went on: “I spoke to Brian [Rice] in the summer and they have cut back the budget and the squad.

“The size of the squad has been vastly reduced from the past couple of seasons.

“On top of that you have the Covid situation and players having to pull-out and isolate.

“The thing about Brian is that he is a fantastic coach. That is the bit I can’t get; how is that not turning into performances? He is one of the best coaches I worked with. Tactically he was spot on.

Full interview here

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... w-23000612
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:51 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Interview with Daz to be found on lanarkshire live website. Its not brians fault its the squad.

He went on: “I spoke to Brian [Rice] in the summer and they have cut back the budget and the squad.

“The size of the squad has been vastly reduced from the past couple of seasons.

“On top of that you have the Covid situation and players having to pull-out and isolate.

“The thing about Brian is that he is a fantastic coach. That is the bit I can’t get; how is that not turning into performances? He is one of the best coaches I worked with. Tactically he was spot on.

Full interview here

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... w-23000612

Patronising pish .....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Return to The Accies