Stranraer v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Stranraer v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:14 am

I have always enjoyed away days to Stranraer. A great wee ground tucked away in the public park although I do recall going to a midweek winter game many moons ago and by the time I got back to the car after the game my hands were so cold I couldnt turn the key in the ignition. I take it Stranraer TV will be showing this but I think its the same set up as at Annan with a single remote controlled camera so I'll give it a bye again. Surely we cant lose?

The dust hasnt settled from yesterdays' capitulation and although Brian came out and spoke to the fans waiting outside NDP for the teams return (Fair doos to the man) nothing changes. The squad is poor and he hasn't the ability to change things. That said the Board isnt going to act decisively and bring in someone who can manage so we will stumble through the league cup ties and head for tannadice for I expect another defeat.

Update re Tv coverage. According to the Stranraer website this game will be on Stranraer Tv cost £7.99
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Stranraer v Accies

Postby porcupine » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:00 pm

I suspect we will be visiting Stairs park more regularly in the next few season's TT. Looks like the Buckets & Spades leagues are loomimg ominously. :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:59 pm

Well is it going to be available via PPV or not? Quote from Lanarkshire live website story.

However, a spokesman for The Blues confirmed the club are still to make a final decision on if they will be able to show the game.

They additionally confirmed they requested that Accies streamed the game through their providers, but the Premiership side said they were unable to at this stage.

No idea whats going on. If Stranraer can live stream their other homes games both league and league cup whats stopping them live streaming the Accies game? Do accies have to agree?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Ok Now confirmed on Stranraer web site as being televised at £8. As Accies aren’t bothering their shirts televising the A/Rovers game I’m going to give Stranraer my money for their efforts.

https://stranraerfc.org/accies-cup-tie-is-live/
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:35 pm

I was at this game v Stranraer in '03 on JP's bus

https://www.fitbastats.com/hamilton/gam ... meid=43554

Stranraer got a guy sent off very early in the game and I thought we would demolish them but finished 0-0.

But my abiding memory of this game was a group of 10-12 stoke city fans had chosen this game as they're trip to Scotland for a game and I was lying on the terrace behind the goal as it was a cracking sunny day and they all stood up in the main stand and start chanting to us , 'did you come on a skateboard' , happy days but a long bus journey back.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby porcupine » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:56 pm

[quote="Big Wurzil"] A long bus journey back.[/quote

Drove home from a game there in 90 minutes, having taken 20 minutes less than the suggested time, even with a ferry disembarking at Cairnryan. Wife couldn't understand why I was buzzing about that time. Mind you, that was before the cameras on the A77 :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby AlanHutcheson » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Later that year, drove all the way there and arrived to find the game off, even though it was a fine day. Exact same thing happened at Airdrie 3 weeks later, and home game v Morton- although at least there it was bucketing down and I didn’t really believe the assurances that the game would remain on.
AlanHutcheson
Pub League

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:16 pm

Good start ... :roll:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:47 pm

Well best first half from Accies In a while. Only one down.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:25 pm

If you watched it then we can’t have any complaints about that result. By any measure Stranraer were the better team. Better motivated, better organised etc etc. He won’t be sacked but I’ve said it before if Rice had any self respect he’d walk.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Captain Haggis » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:38 pm

Well done Stranraer but for Accies that was simply unacceptable :(
Captain Haggis
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 pm

Biggest surprise is that this result was no surprise whatsoever

He is coming down to Canning level of management, and an embarrassment to the club. Will he walk, of course not. Of course if he had any self respect he would have walked after Rangers game.

Think the skin on this Pudding is too thick.

Come on Maitland and co, grow a pair and stop this agony now

If this had been a normal season wonder what our "crowds" would be down to now 500 ?
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Jacobsladder1966 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:01 am

I simply don’t care anymore- the board are like three Donald Trumps who think that they are the only people who are right about this - nothing will change we will continue to lose and we will be relegated
Jacobsladder1966
Pub League

Postby aldoaccie » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:11 am

This is a sad indictment of how low we have become, losing to Stranraer. They were our bogey team about 20 years ago whilst in the first division if i recall, but we shouldn’t be losing to them now. They won’t even get the credit that they deserve, such is the media’s disrespect towards us and expectation that we always fail (which is merited).
Hopefully a clean sweep from board level to below, but I won’t hold my breath. What’s the point of supporting my (lifelong) team when no-one at the club gives a damn about us? Rhetorical question, of course.
Once an Accie, always an Accie, but my faith is being truly tested these past few months.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:34 am

This League Cup failure has been coming. Scraped through the past two seasons after losing at Annan and losing on penalties to Queen's Park. Accies have been cup failures for decades, though at least we've had a few Scottish Cup quarter finals under this board. We are the poorest performing "middle" club in Scotland in the cups. Used to be us and Morton but even they reached a semi final a few seasons back.

He surely has to go. I've not seen any games online but even I know the midfield is woeful and we have no creativity. We haven't been able to replace Mickel Miller and the Daz and Dougie of two to three years ago. Doubt we'd get Tommy Wright as he hates artificial pitches, Paul Hartley might be more realistic.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies