Accies revenue 20/21

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies revenue 20/21

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:36 pm

I have read an article on the BBC web page about Dundee United and how their revenue this season is down 40% hence current discussions with their players re cuts. So it got me wondering about Accies current finances.

Ogren told United's website that revenue has dropped 40%, necessitating cost-cutting measures, like those enacted at Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibernian, and others where a mixture of cuts and deferrals have been used.

United like most other premiership clubs took in season ticket money and an article in the Record from June said that time sales were over 4000 tickets. Accies as we know haven’t taken a penny in season tickets so already a big drop in revenue, then there is match day catering, hospitality,etc. Accies have taken the catering, hospitality back indoors but apart from a few burger and bun events where you can wathc the game at the stadium on TV essentially thats not earning any cash so far this season.(And thats now banned anyway) There is plenty of stand and trackside advertising some of it new so that is still there and then there is the ppvtv money. Clubs which have sold season tickets appear to be allowing season ticket holders to watch for free so most of their additional funds there will come from away fans. in our case its both home/away but given the displays on offer there is a view that there hasnt been a huge home fan uptake. Ive seen no figures so no idea. So overall I wonder if we are struggling more than the bigger clubs. I know fans are crying out for additional signings to strengthen the squad but realistically is the money there. Im assuming unless Ronnie puts his hand in his pocket it isn’t.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies revenue 20/21

Postby porcupine » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:17 pm

We'll be haemorrhaging money like all others, TT, and there's more chance of us signing Messi, than any new faces this season.
Most football clubs are not sustainable business models, and few make profit. Unless there are a succession of wealthy businessmen (women) with money to burn, or sponsors like we have, who appear as business start-ups from no-where (but can find £250K?), then long term futures are bleak for most clubs just now. Most savvy business people should be hanging onto their cash to ensure survival of their core business during this pandemic.

I can't think that the loss of a few hundred season tickets sales, and minimal income from hospitality, will have made much difference to Accies income. We have survived to date, on TV income from Celgers games and final league placing income, always by the skin of our teeth.

Even though there are other teams in similar crisis at present, this might (again) be our last in the Premiership for many a year. Can't see R McD funding us further in present business uncertainties.
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Accies revenue 20/21

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:33 pm

I think we got over a million in league sponsor cash over the summer so that will keep the wolf from the door for a while. I haven't watched one match online, it just doesn't appeal to me. I know I'm not alone. Also, we don't get any extra cash from the OF visiting, the pot is pre-determined at the start of the season. It's only if we get a cup draw that's televised do we get any extra money.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies