Chairmans’ interview

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Chairmans’ interview

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:08 pm

I’m sure some of you have seen this but for those who may have missed this here’s a link to Maitland Daily Record interview.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... e-22881921

My interpretation is he is effectively blaming the squad even though he says the players are working hard. A reduced budget had impacted on the squad make up and coved and injuries make things even worse. Not Brian and the coaching teams fault. I doubt Livingston’s budget is less affected than ours but they still managed to recruit, coach and perform effectively. But hey what do I know.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Chairmans’ interview

Postby Accies_Hoose_Rice » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:35 pm

BR has continually changed/tinkered with his starting 11 week to week for alot longer than covid has even been about , so it baffles me that excuse even came out of maitlands mouth...
Has BR ever played the same 11 two weeks running since he came to the club?? Canning never either which was always part of his problem. In fact the only accies manager who had some what success was Alec Neil and he stuck to a formation and 11 he knew worked.

With regards to injuries, I dont think we have been that worse off or have had enough either to even be part of the excuse either.. another statement that baffles me

If you played the same 11 every week then get an injury, then maybe another, then yes you have a right to say that it has affected us.

I just don't understand either, why BR thinks playing a great 2nd half against Aberdeen, is justified when you are already 4 0 down..

I really could go on , but I'm getting really fed up now with it all... to be at the games in person just now and fans showing their anger , I would love to see how BR and Co would be dealing with it
Accies_Hoose_Rice
Pub League

Re: Chairmans’ interview

Postby Plump Larkyaccie HAW » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:28 am

Stick tae making cardboard boaxes Allan

HAW
Plump Larkyaccie HAW
Pub League

Return to The Accies