Saints v Team without a home LEAGUE win

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Saints v Team without a home LEAGUE win

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 am

This has no score or low score draw written all over it which probably means its a saints away win. Must admit I am finding it hard to maintain enthusiasm but i suppose another £15. I wonder about our viewing figures though. In terms of home fans do you think there are more than 500PPV’s?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Saints v Team without a home LEAGUE win

Postby porcupine » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:24 pm

Yes, TT, the longer this goes on without actually attending the more things people find to do on their Saturday, other than going to NDP. I am not excluded from that, even after five decades of regular attendance as a season ticket holder. I tried PPV once against St Midden, but never again!
I doubt there are 100 PPV's weekly. 500 would be around 50% of our normal attendance.... no chance.
The results seem to matter less and less now, which is very sad, for all concerned. We can only hope that with an effective vaccine, we can all get back to the football grounds before the entire game, as such, disappears from most of Scotland as a professional sport.

As to Saturday's result? :( 0-2
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:49 pm

We all know what happened last season in corresponding fixture. Saints had not won a game a start of season, even lost to Brechin? in cup. Come to NDP and stroll away with 3 points

I think we would be lucky to get 100 PPV to be honest

The way things are going with Covid with another 3 St Midden players out with Covid, and players all over testing positive, dont see this season even making it till Christmas
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:55 pm

smc4761 wrote:We all know what happened last season in corresponding fixture. Saints had not won a game a start of season, even lost to Brechin? in cup. Come to NDP and stroll away with 3 points

The way things are going with Covid with another 3 St Midden players out with Covid, and players all over testing positive, dont see this season even making it till Christmas

That game was in Perth smc, a 3-2 defeat after we took the lead. Remember watching Sportscene Results and they went to the game after the final whistle. The score caption read 2-2 and I thought that's ok but then noticed their players were celebrating a draw a bit too eagerly. Of course the BBC amateurs got the score wrong!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:53 pm

No idea how many we have on Ppv but I couldn’t imagine not seeing the game live and certainly won’t find anything else to take its place.
We screwed up majorly in that 3-2 game in Perth and even when we equalised late on you could see it coming.
I think we saw some of the old Scott McMann late on in the Ayr game and Oggy was good up until 69 minutes when he should have been hooked.
A massive game on Saturday (I miss going so much)
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:16 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
smc4761 wrote:We all know what happened last season in corresponding fixture. Saints had not won a game a start of season, even lost to Brechin? in cup. Come to NDP and stroll away with 3 points

That game was in Perth smc, a 3-2 defeat after we took the lead. Remember watching Sportscene Results and they went to the game after the final whistle. The score caption read 2-2 and I thought that's ok but then noticed their players were celebrating a draw a bit too eagerly. Of course the BBC amateurs got the score wrong!

Think I must have dreamt about this. There is no hope for me
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:48 am

Looking at the stats for League games shows St.Johnstone have ONE goal in their last seven games,so we all know what is coming here.

This is a pivotal week for Rice.Fans supported him wholeheartedly with his gambling problems but his potshots at supporters in the wake of the latest Annan debacle(arguably the worst) has not gone down well at all.

I would take four points from these three games(St.Johnstone,Aberdeen and St.Mirren) but suspect two is the most likely outcome.

Three morale sapping defeats and the knives will be sharpened and even if they prolong the agony, he will be a dead man walking.

As usual, a lot will depend on the team picked and formation.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:22 pm

3:15pm and its training session mode for St Johnstone
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:45 pm

Not even half time and we were 0-3, before we pulled one back. This is a St Johnstone team that had scored 1 goal in their last 7 matches.

How long has RICE been there, nearly 2 years. Have we improved since Canning went ? How much longer can this go on. Now bottom of league on goal difference.

If fans were still going to games how low would our "crowds" have dropped to now

Rice is a puddin

EDIT: just pulled another 1 back before half time. We cannot give teams a bloody 3 goal start all the time
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:51 pm

Worst defence in the league and that'll be our downfall as we won't outscore most teams
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:00 pm

Let’s not kid ourselves, scoring 3 goals does not paper over another bad performance. Once again we are there for the taking from kick off. Now bottom of the league and I don’t expect that position to change anytime soon. Our ‘cold starts’ are by now a well known fact and Rice as head coach clearly isn’t able to sort it out. Be interested in what his post match explanation is for this one.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:12 pm

Oh well, Rice may do better in the Championship when we get there next season.
Wonder how he’ll get on in League 1 when we get there the following season...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alty accie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:36 pm

Rice must go NOW.
Alty accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:21 am

Bottom line here is that 99% of Accies fans knew when it was fortuitously brought back to 3-2,the odds were that they would make it 4-2 and not us making it 3-3.Such is the lack of confidence in this team and Manager.

Selection bingo,again losing a goal almost from kick off ,players out of position and guys whipped in from nowhere back into the fray.

We can't wait till his contract is up before jettisoning him as by then it will be too late and we will be in an impossible position.Change has to happen now before we are cut adrift.

Finally,we have a good young defender in George Stanger who was outstanding every week playing in central defence for the reserves/under 21's but a nobody from Hibs reserves is shuffled in here,there and everywhere before others-like Stanger get a chance.

The one time Rice did play Stanger was at right back where he was dreadful any time he played there in the reserves.That sums up the communication for me.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Plump Larkyaccie HAW » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:35 am

Watch this game with fellow fans Frederick & Solomon and we all agree that Rice must go. This is the worst squad since the squad of Colin Miller sake the Albert wid pump us just now

HAW
Plump Larkyaccie HAW
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:57 pm

When is his contract up January 2021?

Will BOD simply not renew and say thanks but no thanks and advertise for another lamb to the slaughter. Or will it be the same old shit show and let Rice get us relegated, never to be seen in top flight for years
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 am

When is his contract up January 2021?

According to this STV web story back when Rice was appointed he got a two and half year contract which takes him to July next year effectively the end of this season. I would have thought that if things were going well he would have moved onto a one year rolling contract like his predecessors. Who knows what the board will do. Pull the trigger if he loses badly to aberdeen? Not like them.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/1435116-hamil ... -coach?top
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies