Annan v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Annan v Accies

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:43 am

We need a Manager in who knows the League,is a good organiser and who can get us out of this mess.

I agree with Stevie Clarke about Petrie being the up and coming Manager, but in our position we need a short term fix and for me,Tommy Wright is that man as he ticks all the boxes.

Sadly,I think we will drag this on and will have to suffer many more disasters before change is forthcoming.This BOD waited too long to shuffle Billy Reid and their track record shows they never make the decision at the right time.

Another main issue is the football club is not the main driver.Petting Zoos,Cocaine Annonymous etc etc all come first which pisses the fans off.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:26 pm

I was surprised as many when Canning eventually got replaced. One of the biggest deciders for the Board IMO was his failure in their eyes to give youth a chance. As far as he was concerned it was about survival. If he achieved that each season then he had done his job and he wasn’t going to sacrifice survival at the expense of bringing young players through at the rate the Board clearly wanted. Rice obviously agreed to the Boards terms and one of those was too give youth a chance and he has done that to the extent that young players who aren’t ready or don't adopt quick enough feature every week e.g. Winters/Mimnaugh. Add to that Rice’s other qualifying factor, he was one of the ‘gang' having had a connection with Ronnie etc through Clyde and his job is secure. And if by some miracle he did walk/was sacked you can forget the 60+ applications we will get, once again it will be someone who meets these 2 criteria which narrows the pool down to a very few. Without a significant change in philosophy from Ronnie nothing is going to change. Forgot about the pseudo CEO. I’m pretty sure he wont be influential if and when we get a new manager. If Accies went down the tube tomorrow the CEO would either build houses on the pitch or get a lowland league team in as tenants wouldn't matter to him its all about his stadium.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:45 pm

Wonder if Brian Rice reads this on BBC's website this morning?

Brora Rangers have managed a couple of pre-season friendlies but the new Highland League campaign has been delayed until the end of November.

This is what Brora Rangers defender John Pickles has to look forward to when the Highland League champions travel to Hibernian for Wednesday's League Cup tie.

"We do have a lot of good players, but it is the fitness and everything that comes into it with full-time football, they have always got that extra yard so it will be a massive challenge."

Now how does this sit with a "Premiership?" Accies team being humiliated yet again by Annan?
Some people need to take a good hard look at themselves here :oops: :oops: :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:03 pm

There is little chance of the BOD getting rid of Rice, would cost them too much. Given the current situation with Covid, no fans going to ground, therefore even less money coming in, Rice will still be there for some time.

Even if he lost next 20 games in a row he would still be there. Sorry guys thats just the way it is
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:10 pm

Seem to remember that BR signed a two year contract which would be up in January 2021, if correct.

Don't think we will play 20 games by then, especially if we fail to qualify for the League Cup :roll:,

Nothing is forever, SMC4761, even if it feels that way.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:44 pm

I thought it was for 2 and a half years which takes him to the end of this season essentially. His predecessors have all been on 1 year rolling contracts but the club hasn't converted his contract over to that Yet.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:47 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Another main issue is the football club is not the main driver.Petting Zoos,Cocaine Annonymous etc etc all come first which pisses the fans off.

I know this comes up every time we have a poor result or bad run but where is the evidence? Has Brian Rice been seen cleaning out the petting zoo while he should be taking first team training? Have Accies been under achieving for the last 10 years because of the NDP beach? It is a side show which might frustrate some fans but the idea that football isn't the priority or main driver at Accies is in my opinion nonsense.

I'd also politely disagree with TerracingTomas that playing Minmaugh and Winter (neither of whom played last night) and other young players is somehow the issue at Accies. The issue aside from Rice himself is the senior players - if Ogkmboe did the very basics like hold up the ball then Winter would be an impact sub at best, if Trafford wasn't every bit as average as his record at ICT suggested or if Martin could pass, cross or shoot to even championship level then Minmaugh would be sitting on the bench.

In saying that Rice is very much the problem and that interview put up on the Accies site post match last night was so bad that I wondered if it was deliberately uploaded to undermine him. 2 years on and he has no idea about his starting 11, players appear and disappear based on single performances - this is a man who lives and breathes football so where is his conviction. Jamie Hamilton plays all the pre-season friendlies and is given a starting 11 squad number, he then gets hung out to dry with a crazy practically 4-2-4 formation at Parkhead (with both midfielders on an early booking) not surprisingly has a poor game and then is dropped and not seen for 7 or 8 games. McKenna given a starting squad number only to be released weeks into the season. Tunde we're told needs time to adjust but sits on the bench for game after game only to be played from the start against Dundee Utd from nowhere. Where is the sense or conviction in that, he can't be trusted with 5 minutes here or there but suddenly starts.

Constantly changing formation doesn't help either, pick a formation and stick with it. Preferably not with 2 strikers as we're not good enough for that. The best Accies teams in recent years played a 4-5-1 with a high press but Rice refuses to play it despite having the players to do so. The coaching is poor too, a team with no recognizable style of play and no ideas going forward aside from give the ball to Temps. No goals from strikers this season and no goals from an Accies player from open play and you can count on one hand the chances created. I'm ok with a young team but you'd expect energy, pace and enthusiasm but we have none of that.

The Accies board have never been a board for quick sackings and given the financial restraints that their managers work under I get that. Also I've no doubt that he's a decent guy and a hard worker. So should Rice be sacked while not in the relegation zone or even out of the cup? Probably not but that Accies board is full of "football men" and surely they can see the most basic of failings.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Begs.hafc » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:42 pm

Good post Yummy Fur.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Jacobsladder1966 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:05 am

There will be no changes - we can all wish for a new manager but the board won't open their wallets to get someone like Tommy Wright - we will just have to live with it but I'm dreading the Ayr match
Jacobsladder1966
Pub League

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:44 am

Begs.hafc wrote:Good post Yummy Fur.

Got some good points for sure.

He picks the team ( I assume ;) ) he decides the tactics and he gives the team talks.His man management skills are mean to be good , buy why throw Want under the bus after Hibs game strange. I also assume he picks the captain and for me it's the wrong guy , take responsibility off McMann and let him play his game like last season , he's not a captain for me .

For me he definitely doesn't know his starting line up and why he keeps starting players e.g. Oggy and Winter that have offered nothing this season so far is troubling. As for his three at back attempts ......??!! woeful.

Constantly tinkering with the line up and tactics week after week , or is it half after half, doesn't help the players at all.

He states that the strikers have note taken their chances, what chances , there has been little to no creativity , we've been reliant on set plays which to be fair has been a plus.

Moyo appears to have fallen out of favour a bit and OGGY has been given the nod , feel sorry for him as he's been stuck out as a left winger , another strange tactic employed by the manager.

We do lack a creative central midfielder but with the players we have got at our disposal we should be able to compete better given proper structure , tactics and pre game team talks.

Another guy I'm afraid who is genuinely nice but I'm afraid you don't stay as a number 2 for so many years for any old reason , simply not manager material.

No one has mentioned Boozy , what does he do? what did he do with Canning? It's a question I've wondered for a few seasons now

We all get angry as we're passionate about our team and we see it getting into the same way as it has been for the last few years after a "false dawn" , it's time to stop the rot. I don't get this " we are just wee Hamilton Accies punching above our weight". If you want to be in the top league then behave at as if you're part of it , don't hide under the banner of we are just a wee team , celebrating the odd win which being subjected to abject pish most of the time. Alex Neil didn't have that attitude

Oh to be a fly on the wall at our board meeting , it would be great to hear what really goes on there. Wouldn't it be great if we could get a fan on the board ;) I'd happily drive up from Darlington to attend the meetings an put in my tuppence for the fans.

Anyway we go again Saturday , more in hope than expectancy , C'mon Accies
Stodmeister
Championship

Previous

Return to The Accies