1st 2 6 pointers yield 0 points

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

1st 2 6 pointers yield 0 points

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:00 pm

And we were both at home and got pounded both games in terms of attempts we allowed both teams.

Not looking good at all and the up and coming fixtures aren’t the best.

Why we never bought Nisbet when he scored 29/34 for raith is beyond me.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: 1st 2 6 pointers yield 0 points

Postby monkeybones » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:14 pm

Thats a team of strangers that dont know each other. Dont look professional/cynical/aggressive. Lose every throw-in either ours or opposition. The best teams always switch on to these. Plus a couple of players not fit
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:59 pm

Games a bogey I think. yes its only 3 games into season but come on losing to the teams that we thought would be in and around us, and at home.

Anyone got anything positive to say about the first 3 games to give us hope
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:09 pm

Far from the first year when the start of the season seems to take us by surprise. 3 games in - and it should be 4 - we don’t seem to know our best XI.

Our central defence isn’t good enough. By my count, we’ve now tried 4 different players for 2 positions in 3 games. Hakeem Odoffin at central defence looks like desperation: we need an experienced centre half to hold the line, and coach along whichever young defender is preferred alongside him. If Easton were fit, this might not be such an issue, but even if he’s back by his own prediction of October, how long before he’s injured again? It’s not fair on Fulton, who’s having to prove himself as our first choice keeper with a dodgy defence in front of him. And failing to replace Gogic could be costly - he was invaluable protecting the back 4, but now we have nobody who plays that position.

I think we have good options going forward, but nobody has stamped their authority yet. Winter still looks very raw; Temps may never again be the player we’ve seen in the past; and no striker has yet shown the confidence to really go for goal.

Early days yet, but unless we start getting points on the board soon, we could be relying on another season being cancelled due to the pandemic.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:28 pm

Anyone got anything positive to say about the first 3 games to give us hope

The weathers been good for all 3 games and Accies ground looks good. Other than that not sure what else to say. Oh Temps lasted 90 minutes unless I missed a substitution. Its argued every season that we get off to a slow start but at least we have had the league cup games for players to get to know each other and for the coach to suss out his options but Im not buying that. Every team is in the same position more or less. St Mirren had as many players out the door as us and as many in and by all accounts thats a brand new defence but didnt look it (Not that Im saying their world beaters). We did to be fair show more positivity in the second half but there is just not enough quality in that squad. Our midfield lacks any real creativity and the defence is still no where near good enough. Hodson may be an improvement on whats there but even if Easton comes back I honestly think he is done at this level. We had 3 points after 3 games last season but I cant see us taking anything from motherwell next week.

And Accies TV went backwards today technically. I had difficulty logging in and then it was buffering Then I lost picture at 69 minutes and 90 and had to log in and reboot so to speak. Others had worse problems. The commentating was slightly better. Less faff between the 2 of them but still not great.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:41 pm

The commentator got players names wrong (scott McMartin ... Junior 19 (ffs) ) and called St Mirren , Ross County , more than once ....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:32 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:
And Accies TV went backwards today technically. I had difficulty logging in and then it was buffering Then I lost picture at 69 minutes and 90 and had to log in and reboot so to speak. Others had worse problems. The commentating was slightly better. Less faff between the 2 of them but still not great.

Same thing happened to me, at the same times. So not our fault (not that I thought so). 2 minutes lost at each time. Not good enough.

Despite the Ross County confusion, I think James is OK as commentator, but where the f&@# did they find Bobby Bulloch? Crass mistakes apart, his voice is irritatingly similar to Tommy McLean. I assume he’s paying for the privilege.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:33 pm

The only Bobby Bulloch I can find is an actor from Larkhall. I think it’s the same guy so. I assume a pal of Marcus?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:33 am

TerracingTomas wrote:The only Bobby Bulloch I can find is an actor from Larkhall. I think it’s the same guy so. I assume a pal of Marcus?

Yes, that’s the guy. There was an advert for one of his films at half time, which is why I assumed he’d paid for the gig.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Return to The Accies