A few announcements made today for SPFL

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

A few announcements made today for SPFL

Postby smc4761 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:01 pm

A few announcements made today may be interesting

Now allowed up to 5 subs per game and can have up to 9 on the bench but can only stop the game 3 times to make those subs. Will this help clubs in general or will it only benefit the bigger clubs with large squads

Potentially fans may be allowed into grounds around mid September albeit with social distancing. Personally I cant see why they cannot allow a small amount of fans into grounds, although how they would decide which fans get in may be interesting. For clubs like Accies with a fairly small fanbase and same with many clubs in lower divisions, surely even allowing up to 300/400 fans there is enough space in grounds socially distanced

Water breaks may be allowed in games. In Scotland are they necessary ?

Thoughts
smc4761
Premiership

Re: A few announcements made today for SPFL

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:11 am

Norway have been allowing 200 fans into their top league matches. I'm guessing season ticket holders names are picked at random. I don't see why the same can't happen here with crowds in relation to stadium size. For example, one thousand in each tier at Celtic and Rangers, at Hibs you could have a thousand in each big stand and 500 in both tiers behind the goals and so on. For us, maybe 500 spread out across the main stand and similar for visitors. If this happened we'd definitely have the highest percentage of regulars able to attend.

Lower down the league, in the smaller grounds like Stair Park, maybe they could copy Norway.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:20 pm

NI Cup Final tonight between Glentoran and Ballymena. Aside from players and officials each side has been allowed 250 fans each in an 18000 seat stadium so certainly we should be able to start with 500 home fans across 3 stands. As for water breaks unless there is a medical reason or really hot weather I’d say no. As few disruptions as possible. Pundits down south have been saying that managers are using the water breaks to reorganise teams tactically. Works both ways but can change games.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:23 am

Golden ticket holders will get first pick. The plebs will be left to fight over the rest of the tickets.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Return to The Accies