Tomorrow’s EGM vote

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Tomorrow’s EGM vote

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri May 15, 2020 9:45 am

Yf, do you not find the whole Dundee situation as absolutely reeking of corruption?

It smacks of the we didn't get the Brexit vote we wanted, vote again till 'we' get the result we want.

We didn't get the vote for Independant Scotland, vote again till 'we' get the result we want.

We didn't get the vote to call the league, vote again till 'we' get the result we want.

Dundee's vote was NOT to call the league out of sheer spite to deny Dundee Utd the title and preserve 2 Derby's.

And then all of a sudden they change because they've been promised reconstruction talks?

So one club gets to vote on reconstruction and the rest voted on calling the league. 2 different votes.

Having not read the 'dossier' and only the salient points I myself was surprised with the lack of detail unless they were holding stuff back. The thing I do find curious is Douglas Park is an astute businessman and not naive so there's no way he's read that dossier and said put that out everyone will buy into it. They're holding something back.

Clubs not told they were liable for £10m if they call the season.

Remember years ago David Will from Brechin was president for years on the SFA and Vice President of FIFA and his club had a massive say on not being relegated and demanding a change of the rules to be accommodated into the LL and because they were knocked back then no relegation.

And you find none of this suspicious or worth a wee peek into?
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri May 15, 2020 9:53 am

glasgow accie wrote:Think you need to go and calm down a wee bit ...
Lots of name calling .. first a fanny , now he’s thick ..
Yes the SPFL , has been poorly run for a long time .. We all know that , but answer me this .. why now ?
It’s only cause one team want to stop another team winning the league to stop “ in-a-row “ and that said team want “revenge”(for use of a better word ) for what happened to them in 2012 ...
How much do you think a CEO of a large business should be paid ?
Big clubs voted for it so it must happen ? Pish ...
Most of the clubs voted against it .. that’s MOST of the clubs , not the ones with the most fans ... so it failed .
This most fans talk is very “ Falkirky “ and means nothing when it comes to the voting ...
As for “lawyer speak “ .. every statement that’s been released lately has been full of lawyer speak ..

Are you his da now?

I put out something to provoke discussion and to see if anyone else knows of the sleekitness that's going on in Scottish Football.

And his sole jibe is 'big team found'. Well thought out intelligent response that will get the reply it deserves.

Classic internet troll.
Last edited by Big Wurzil on Fri May 15, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri May 15, 2020 9:59 am

What has the long since deceased David Will got to do with this? That's twice you've mentioned him.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Fri May 15, 2020 10:42 am

Big Wurzil wrote:
glasgow accie wrote:Think you need to go and calm down a wee bit ...
Lots of name calling .. first a fanny , now he’s thick ..
Yes the SPFL , has been poorly run for a long time .. We all know that , but answer me this .. why now ?
It’s only cause one team want to stop another team winning the league to stop “ in-a-row “ and that said team want “revenge”(for use of a better word ) for what happened to them in 2012 ...
How much do you think a CEO of a large business should be paid ?
Big clubs voted for it so it must happen ? Pish ...
Most of the clubs voted against it .. that’s MOST of the clubs , not the ones with the most fans ... so it failed .
This most fans talk is very “ Falkirky “ and means nothing when it comes to the voting ...
As for “lawyer speak “ .. every statement that’s been released lately has been full of lawyer speak ..

Are you his da now?

I put out something to provoke discussion and to see if anyone else knows of the sleekitness that's going on in Scottish Football.

And his sole jibe is 'big team found'. Well thought out intelligent response that will get the reply it deserves.

Classic internet troll.

Oh FFS ...

provoke discussion ?
Anybody not agreeing with you is dismissed immediately...
Look at my post again .. I’m actually agreeing with you that the SPFL could be better run , but again I’ll say look at my post , and ask yourself why now ?
We all know the answer ....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri May 15, 2020 11:23 am

Why now?

Is the Dundee situation not big enough or do we just accept that's the way it is and move on?

Do you not find it strange that a club like Brechin can have all these people in prominuent positions without exerting any sort of influence?

Maybe it is me
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Fri May 15, 2020 12:58 pm

What Dundee situation ?
That they changed their minds ? Was that not allowed ? The rules and regulations of the SPFL state that a “No” vote to a resolution can be changed to a “Yes” vote within the timescale of said vote ( 28 days in this case ) , but a “Yes” ( to pass the resolution) can’t be changed to a “No” .
That’s mental , I know , but it’s the rules the club signed up to .
As for Brechin ? Why not ? Is it because they are not a “big “ team ?
That’s very OF like if you ...

So , aye , maybe it is you .....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby southoftheborder » Fri May 15, 2020 1:08 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Do you not find it strange that a club like Brechin can have all these people in prominuent positions without exerting any sort of influence?

The only reason Brechin have a member on the board is because the 42 member clubs voted him in last July. It's pure coincidence that they're bottom of the league.

The league 1/2 representative the previous year was from Stranraer.

Presumaby, if Covid had happened last year the chant would have been "Do you not find it strange that a club like Stranraer can have all these people in prominuent positions without exerting any sort of influence?"
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri May 15, 2020 2:02 pm

southoftheborder wrote:
Big Wurzil wrote:Do you not find it strange that a club like Brechin can have all these people in prominuent positions without exerting any sort of influence?

The only reason Brechin have a member on the board is because the 42 member clubs voted him in last July. It's pure coincidence that they're bottom of the league.

The league 1/2 representative the previous year was from Stranraer.

Presumaby, if Covid had happened last year the chant would have been "Do you not find it strange that a club like Stranraer can have all these people in prominuent positions without exerting any sort of influence?"

South all of that I understand but is mostly hypothetical, i'm dealing in fact.

So the Brechin chairman abusing his position on the SPFL board to threaten LL and HL clubs that if they don't agree to them being accepted into the LL then LL and HL teams will not be invited into the Challenge and Betfred Cup. He's not invested a dime all season but he'll take the $ and deprive 2 clubs who could 'potentially' bring someone different to an already tedious league.

Does Ken Ferguson's action not ring any bells to you ?

They can bend the rules when they want, it's utterly shameless.

And hey presto, no relegation for Brechin, it's disgusting beyond belief and no cares so their getting away with it.

If I was SKy/BT i'd walk away from it all.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri May 15, 2020 2:16 pm

We got relegated via an over the top 15 points deduction did we not?What did we do,we rolled our sleeves up and got on with it and proved the doubters wrong.

Douglas Park is that astute he is throwing money into a bottomless pit and let's face facts here, Rangers only want change because of two reasons: 1)They want the League to stop Nine in a Row...not happening.

2)The WATP mentality no longer rules the roost with Kow-towing and buying Leagues/Referees and that is what they are most upset about with them perceiving Lawwell running the show.

End of the day,the Gruesome Twosome exert undue influence on our game which is THE big issue up here and overrules anything else.Insisting on four Old Firm games also stops decent League Reconstruction.

Accies have acted quietly and looking after OUR interests here as supporters.That is what matters-not what cheek of a bigoted arse is running our game.

FTOF and support your local team.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies