Tomorrow’s EGM vote

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Tomorrow’s EGM vote

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon May 11, 2020 10:44 pm

If accies don’t vote for an independent enquiry no matter who funds it I won’t be back at whateveritistheycalltheparkthesedays.

To not want an investigation tells me the board are quite happy to take the $ and be grateful for it and don’t rock the boat and expose the obvious unseen hands, deceit and coercion within the game.

As a boyhood fan of 40+ years now I won’t step foot back in till there’s a change of board. And I’m at pains to put any more cash into the greed that is quite obvious now to be spfl premiership clubs, but we all
Know that anyway
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: Tomorrow’s EGM vote

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue May 12, 2020 12:07 am

Big team found.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue May 12, 2020 12:23 am

As Allan Maitland said on The Only Accies broadcast a few weeks ago,our Club will speak when the time is right.

A lot of our fans wouldn't be happy to back the nonsense Rangers are initiating and we all know Hearts only wanted League reconstruction to save themselves,so best we stay out of this.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue May 12, 2020 6:10 am

Accies are only staying quiet as it’s self preservation of not being relegated and a gaurenteed £1m next year even if we finish bottom. If it was my business would I do the same, probably.

As for rangers allegation the only ones i know of are the lack of detail to other clubs that a vote to end the season meant they were liable for £10m prize money from sponsors, broadcasters etc. Also the spfl said they had to vote because it was a UEFA requirement which we all know was lies too. So if you knew prior to casting your vote i think they’re would’ve been way more discussion from the clubs.

The Brechin and the Dundee situation reeks of an unseen hand. Quite laughable to see Dundee initially voting out of spite to keep their rivals in the same division then change under the pretence of league reconstruction and then Utd voting against it as they were technically a premiership club.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby southoftheborder » Tue May 12, 2020 8:04 am

Who cares?

This is what happens when people have too much time on their hands.

To me it's simple. There was never any change of the season being finished, so there are two options - cancel the season or call the season as is.

The only clubs really affected by this are Hearts, Dundee United, Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers, Stranraer and Cove Rangers, so I really don't understand why so many other clubs are under the spotlight (he said...she said....).

There was a vote, a significant majority (>70%) voted to call the season.

The end!

If the vote had gone the other way, it would have been Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers complaining and threatening legal action.

Let's move on and prepare for next season
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Tue May 12, 2020 10:39 am

Oh dear ... toys out the pram there Wurzil ...
You’ll be back .... :roll:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 12, 2020 11:11 am

As Allan Maitland said on The Only Accies broadcast a few weeks ago,our Club will speak when the time is right.

To be honest YOH given Les is part of the SPFL Board and the public comments that he has made already I dont expect Accies vote to be anything less than to reject Rangers motion. The dossier of evidence is ‘weak’ at best. Mind you I dont doubt for one minute that the principle allegations are correct. If you look at the way cockwomble and his cronies operate its a key tactic particulary when it comes to the lower leage teams. Basically its always been if you dont like it piss off. I’d love to see him shown the door. Aint going to happen. It would have been nice too if at some stage clubs had made a serious attempt to consult the fans but with a few exceptions that aint going to happen either. We are just going to have to sit on the sidelines and watch the circus clowns entertain us :roll:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Tue May 12, 2020 3:43 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:If accies don’t vote for an independent enquiry no matter who funds it I won’t be back at whateveritistheycalltheparkthesedays.

To not want an investigation tells me the board are quite happy to take the $ and be grateful for it and don’t rock the boat and expose the obvious unseen hands, deceit and coercion within the game.

As a boyhood fan of 40+ years now I won’t step foot back in till there’s a change of board. And I’m at pains to put any more cash into the greed that is quite obvious now to be spfl premiership clubs, but we all
Know that anyway

No matter what the politics are, the outcome of any vote or decisions made by the board I'll be back in the ground at the very first opportunity I get.
I may disagree with a board member, all the board, the manager, security people (or all of them) and obviously reserve the right to complain or protest at any time but watching the Accies team play overrides everything. Owners, Chairmen etc will come and go but the team has been going for nearly 150 years and watching the red and white hoops play football is separate from all other shenanigans as far as I'm concerned. I appreciate however anyone's decision to boycott.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue May 12, 2020 8:03 pm

Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Livingston the only 4 premiership teams to vote for it. Giruy you can try and sign back up for a season ticket at Castle greyskull if you are now chucking Accies.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 pm

Scotty tunbridge old bigot in disguise.

Where is cAstle greyskull situated on your bigoted map.

Sad to note you chose not to question the mechanism within the spfl but chose to drill down on my comments.

Scotty, I don’t know you personally but judging by your comments you are a not an old bigot fan but just a grAde A fanny in life.

Websites like these have no filter on the drivel you spout
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Wed May 13, 2020 3:00 pm

Ooofftt .... calm doon big yin .....

I don’t know you , but your a grade a fanny ...

FFS ..... :lol:
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed May 13, 2020 11:43 pm

8 years is a long time in football!!!!! In 2012 it was fan boycotts because Accies supported the new Rangers and in 2020 its boycotts because Accies didn't support the new Rangers. To be clear I'm delighted that the Accies board didn't support the Rangers call for an investigation and while I understand there is always differing views I'm a bit puzzled why any Accies fan would see this as a good reason to stop supporting Accies more so to do so after 40 years of games.

The OP mentions "self preservation" and "quite happy taking the £" but this vote had nothing to do with restructuring it also had little to do with the premier league it was a call to investigate the circumstances in which the lower leagues were ended. Although it looks like mistakes were made surely the correct decision was made in ending the lower league seasons? Also while it's unfortunate that teams will get relegated without completing the season was the other option of null and void any better, surely not.

The idea that Brechin City have an unseen hand or effected the decision making process because they had a rep on the board while Rangers rep on the board was powerless is frankly ridiculous and while I'm sure mistakes in process were made the SPFL faced an unprecedented situation where no decision was going to please everyone. Some teams have made a fool of themselves - Rangers with their ridiculous and transparent posturing and scorched earth policy to appease their fanbase, Hearts with the ridiculous notion of a one year temporary restructure to save them but back to normal the season after - but I don't think Accies have done much if anything wrong in this sorry saga. All football clubs are going to need support to get through this, Accies are no different and I question if now is the time for boycotts.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Thu May 14, 2020 10:03 am

^^^This ^^^
Last edited by glasgow accie on Thu May 14, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu May 14, 2020 10:03 am

It's a boycott of the SPFL Yf not Accies.

Did you see the Clyde comment YF?

"were unanimous in our view that the resolution and the supporting report had merit but, in truth, it pointed mostly to behaviours and practices which would not have surprised many in the lower leagues."

And yet they had an opportunity and we've been in those leagues in the not too distant past to do something about it with an enquiry and they abstained. I don't get that. It maybe has took a club of Ranger's stature to raise these issues for others to take note as let's be honest if that was Accies or Morton releasing that document we would've been laughed at.

They've even admitted themselves in not too many words that the system is wrong but in 3/4 months when this has gone away what will change? Nothing. Corrupt to the core.

Had enough of the lack of competition in Scotland and it being all about 2 bigoted clubs so i'm out.

I'll be following a local club in the newly formed West of Scotland League so best of luck lads, i'll watch from afar.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Thu May 14, 2020 10:09 am

So after everything that has gone on in Scottish football .. it takes this ( a failed rebellion, cause that’s what it was .. absolutely nothing about fairness ) to stop you following HAFC ?

Oh dear ... total heads gone , toys oot the pram , dummy well and truly spat out , etc , etc ...

If your no coming back to Accies , then just do it , mate ...nobody will really care ...
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Thu May 14, 2020 10:25 am

Big Wurzil wrote: It maybe has took a club of Ranger's stature to raise these issues for others to take note as let's be honest if that was Accies or Morton releasing that document we would've been laughed at.

Ironic considering most of Scotland were laughing at Rangers for their “smoking gun” dossier which said 200+ pages of nothing and now everyone is laughing at their failed attempt to get an investigation even though they said they would fund it. Big team definitely found
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Thu May 14, 2020 10:49 am

Big Wurzil wrote:It's a boycott of the SPFL Yf not Accies.

It maybe has took a club of Ranger's stature to raise these issues for others to take note as let's be honest if that was Accies or Morton releasing that document we would've been laughed at.

Everybody is laughing at The Rangers ...
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu May 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:
Big Wurzil wrote: It maybe has took a club of Ranger's stature to raise these issues for others to take note as let's be honest if that was Accies or Morton releasing that document we would've been laughed at.

Ironic considering most of Scotland were laughing at Rangers for their “smoking gun” dossier which said 200+ pages of nothing and now everyone is laughing at their failed attempt to get an investigation even though they said they would fund it. Big team definitely found

You don't really bring any counter arguments or debate ST ?

So most of Scotland is laughing at Rangers? So let me see if we take simply average attendances.

In the Premiership the boards of the clubs with the 2nd, 3rd and 5th highest attendance wanted an enquiry. Only 5 clubs in the Prem have 5 figure attendances the other 2 being Celtic/HIbs and Celtic are the ones driving this coercion, you're deluded if you don't think that's the case. Phone calls to the Dundee guy offering friendlies and loanees.

In the Championship the club with the 4th highest average attendance wanted an enquiry.

In League 1, Falkirk who have a higher average attendance than Livi and Us and 1/2 the clubs in the Championship want an enquiry.

So looks to me like the clubs with the biggest fan bases in they're divisions and the country have wanted an enquiry? Hardly 'most' of Scotland against it as you claim.

Maybe you are that thick that because 27/42 clubs bottled an investigation you think that's most of scotland. How naive. All those lower league clubs are on the brink and are heavily reliable on SPFL money. Are they going to bite the hand that is keeping them barely afloat, especially now. From a good source, Stranraer were burst if they never got Rangers in the Cup in january as they were a matter of weeks away and there's plenty more like them.

Brechin having an equal (rightly or wrongly) say in the running of Scottish Football is like your local Spar having a say in dictating retail prices for the rest of the country.

It's corrupt to the core there's no denying and we had a chance to fix it or even have a wee look into and greed for the $ wins everytime. FFS Doncaster is £388k a year. He gets more a year in salary than every club from 4th down in the Championship right down to Brechin in the League 2 do in prizemoney? That's scandalous.

Why would 2/3 rds of the league not want an enquiry when someone else is funding it and then a few of them who voted against it have come out after the vote and said Rangers have issued concerns we've known for years.

McLennan himself said so, how much more corrupt can this get for you, here it is “I have taken careful note of the concerns expressed by the minority of clubs which voted in favour and when we are back to playing football in a safe environment, I will bring clubs together to discuss the lessons learned". Lawyer speak.

Your big team found jibe is pitiful. Just tells me you're that thick you can't see the bigger picture of what's happening and you're comeback is he must be a Celtic fan or he must be a Rangers fan. Quite sad
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Thu May 14, 2020 3:53 pm

Think you need to go and calm down a wee bit ...
Lots of name calling .. first a fanny , now he’s thick ..
Yes the SPFL , has been poorly run for a long time .. We all know that , but answer me this .. why now ?
It’s only cause one team want to stop another team winning the league to stop “ in-a-row “ and that said team want “revenge”(for use of a better word ) for what happened to them in 2012 ...
How much do you think a CEO of a large business should be paid ?
Big clubs voted for it so it must happen ? Pish ...
Most of the clubs voted against it .. that’s MOST of the clubs , not the ones with the most fans ... so it failed .
This most fans talk is very “ Falkirky “ and means nothing when it comes to the voting ...
As for “lawyer speak “ .. every statement that’s been released lately has been full of lawyer speak ..
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Yummy Fur » Thu May 14, 2020 9:34 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:
Scotty Tunbridge wrote:

You don't really bring any counter arguments or debate ST ?

So most of Scotland is laughing at Rangers? So let me see if we take simply average attendances.

In the Premiership the boards of the clubs with the 2nd, 3rd and 5th highest attendance wanted an enquiry. Only 5 clubs in the Prem have 5 figure attendances the other 2 being Celtic/HIbs and Celtic are the ones driving this coercion, you're deluded if you don't think that's the case. Phone calls to the Dundee guy offering friendlies and loanees.

In the Championship the club with the 4th highest average attendance wanted an enquiry.

In League 1, Falkirk who have a higher average attendance than Livi and Us and 1/2 the clubs in the Championship want an enquiry.

So looks to me like the clubs with the biggest fan bases in they're divisions and the country have wanted an enquiry? Hardly 'most' of Scotland against it as you claim.

Maybe you are that thick that because 27/42 clubs bottled an investigation you think that's most of scotland. How naive. All those lower league clubs are on the brink and are heavily reliable on SPFL money. Are they going to bite the hand that is keeping them barely afloat, especially now. From a good source, Stranraer were burst if they never got Rangers in the Cup in january as they were a matter of weeks away and there's plenty more like them.

Brechin having an equal (rightly or wrongly) say in the running of Scottish Football is like your local Spar having a say in dictating retail prices for the rest of the country.

It's corrupt to the core there's no denying and we had a chance to fix it or even have a wee look into and greed for the $ wins everytime. FFS Doncaster is £388k a year. He gets more a year in salary than every club from 4th down in the Championship right down to Brechin in the League 2 do in prizemoney? That's scandalous.

Why would 2/3 rds of the league not want an enquiry when someone else is funding it and then a few of them who voted against it have come out after the vote and said Rangers have issued concerns we've known for years.

McLennan himself said so, how much more corrupt can this get for you, here it is “I have taken careful note of the concerns expressed by the minority of clubs which voted in favour and when we are back to playing football in a safe environment, I will bring clubs together to discuss the lessons learned". Lawyer speak.

Your big team found jibe is pitiful. Just tells me you're that thick you can't see the bigger picture of what's happening and you're comeback is he must be a Celtic fan or he must be a Rangers fan. Quite sad

Apologies but I don't understand your argument.

In a previous post you said you were fed up with it all being about the bigoted 2 but in the above you argue that the more fans a team has should somehow count for more. Follow that argument and then you are just passing more power to Rangers and Celtic and away from the smaller clubs.

You also mention that it's corrupt to the core but Rangers took a month to gather evidence and failed to provide any proof of corruption or bullying and eventually had to pad out a dossier of regulatory failings none of which amounted to much. The "unseen hand" is a conspiracy theory which belongs on follow follow or the like and like most conspiracy theories just don't stand up. The likelihood of an experienced CEO of a large PLC trying to buy a vote by offering loanees and friendlies is frankly ridiculous to start with and why would they do it? Are we to believe that they are happily forfeiting another 4 or 5 match day takings because they are terrified of losing a league to a team 13 points behind who have lost 2 of their last 3 games to the bottom 2 teams in the league??? Crazy stuff.

Also the idea that the teams that voted for an enquiry are some paragons of virtue is nonsense too, its teams who have been negatively effected by their league placings when football was halted. Don't get me wrong I'd be disappointed if Accies were last and getting relegated or like Falkirk we were so close to promotion but would these be teams be asking for an enquiry if roles were reversed - no chance. Lots of teams are making lots of noise but not one team has put forth a realistic plan to how the season could have been played out, ultimately the SPFL board through a democratic vote called it right.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies