Club Statement - 13/05

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Club Statement - 13/05

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Wed May 13, 2020 1:27 pm

Afternoon all,

It has been a while I hope you are all staying safe !

The club has released a statement this afternoon in reaction to recent events and regarding season tickets / next season if you have any questions my emails are open and I will be monitoring this post.

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/stat ... an-update/
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Re: Club Statement - 13/05

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 13, 2020 1:52 pm

Ok so proportional season ticket refund available for this season as might have been expected. Not something i will be looking for and when Partick thistle asked fans as a gesture not to seek a refund 97% of their fans agreed. Cant see ours being any different.

Not going to be offering season tickets for next season “at this point in time’. I understand the reasoning as there are still too many variables. The league hasnt been called yet and I suppose there is a 1% chance it might restart and we could still be relegated :o There is still a chance that Hearts will start legal action and the whole ball would be up in the air until that was resolved. Even if our place is secure it seems likely that the model will either be behind closed doors or with social distancing measures in place that will severely limit crowd numbers and how we sit in the stands.

If the 20/21 league does start and at some stage fans are admitted not sure how PATG would work as how would you limit numbers. At that stage I would expect some kind of season ticket to be on offer. If I have to PATG and the freebie tickets are getting handed out like sweeties as per previous seasons I wont be attending many games. :lol:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Wed May 13, 2020 4:52 pm

Will there be contactless payment facilities at the turnstile?
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 13, 2020 6:01 pm

I understand the latest technology is being installed southoftheborder. Each turnstile will have its very own automatic cash receiver called a bucket and you will be invited to Chuck it in !!!
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Wed May 13, 2020 8:37 pm

southoftheborder wrote:Will there be contactless payment facilities at the turnstile?

We are discussing various options but I would suspect either contactless payments at turnstiles or the ability to possibly buy online and download to a smart phone would be an option

The club has today installed thermal cameras which will scan and detect increased body temps to hopefully be in a position to control the spread within those in the ground.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed May 13, 2020 9:03 pm

Not sure that the Club's statement has been fully thouht through. Whilst I understand that Season tickets can't be sold juist now, it appears that the only option when/if football restarts is that we all PATG. ST's are then financially disadvantaged.

Is it dangerous to assume someone in charge has worked out the ground capacity based on social distancing? If so, what's the new Home capacity? And how do the club control the OF supporters, who are generally uncontrollable in normal times, refusing to sit, sectarian songs etc? Imagine the scenario when half or totally sherbeted OF fans turn up and are told they can't get in because of Social Distancing and the Away end is full.
With no electronic turnstiles, who will know how many have entered the ground, either Home or Away?

I suspect, with the crowds we have been attracting for some time, that the Home Stand could probably 'do' seating 2 metres apart, but that means not sitting with friends, which is part of the day out. How does the Club decide whether two or more sitting in adjacent seats are all family members from the same household, or people just ignoring the recommendations?

Far too many unanswered questions in the statement.

But a good discussion point for these strange times, eh?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed May 13, 2020 11:08 pm

porcupine wrote:Not sure that the Club's statement has been fully thouht through. Whilst I understand that Season tickets can't be sold juist now, it appears that the only option when/if football restarts is that we all PATG. ST's are then financially disadvantaged.

Is it dangerous to assume someone in charge has worked out the ground capacity based on social distancing? If so, what's the new Home capacity? And how do the club control the OF supporters, who are generally uncontrollable in normal times, refusing to sit, sectarian songs etc? Imagine the scenario when half or totally sherbeted OF fans turn up and are told they can't get in because of Social Distancing and the Away end is full.
With no electronic turnstiles, who will know how many have entered the ground, either Home or Away?

I suspect, with the crowds we have been attracting for some time, that the Home Stand could probably 'do' seating 2 metres apart, but that means not sitting with friends, which is part of the day out. How does the Club decide whether two or more sitting in adjacent seats are all family members from the same household, or people just ignoring the recommendations?

Far too many unanswered questions in the statement.

But a good discussion point for these strange times, eh?

Although it is a good discussion point I'm not sure that it's realistic or reasonable to expect answers to any of the above questions in the Accies statement released today. We are months away from fans being allowed into grounds, much will change from now until that happens and most of the above will not be decided on a club by club basis anyway.

In terms of the decision to go for PATG given the number of variables and level of uncertainty it seems like a good decision. It will be interesting to see what the pricing is for PATG but it's difficult to see how fans of other clubs who are buying season tickets just now with no guarantee of football in 2020 will be financially advantaged.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:34 pm

Link to a BBC article re season ticket sales. I hadn’t realised we were not alone in currently not offering season tickets. Killie, St Johnstone and Ross County also adopting same policy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52548259
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies