Covid19

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Covid19

Postby porcupine » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:24 pm

Finally took a pandemic to have the Sainsbury's end gent's urinal's powerwashed :o Years of accumulated urine :oops: had gone when 'in' on Saturday.

Every Little Helps, as they say, so well done to whoever took responsibility there!
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Covid19

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:45 pm

Interview with Maitland on the Lanarkshire Sport site. He thinks the scottish game may be shut down or at least played behind closed doors. Amongst other options he suggests:-

"It will hit everybody hard, but we need to see what the effect will be. Will games be postponed, will we be in lock-down for three weeks, will games be played behind closed doors, will they cancel the European Championships?

"It could be that they tell us that how the league stands just now is the final position, and that's just how the season ends.

Now that would be interesting. Lets imagine we lose at county and are still in 11th and Hearts will obviously still be bottom whatever the outcome of their game. Can you honestly see the SPFL saying bye bye Hearts meanwhile the play offs are cancelled giving us a bye into the SPFL next season. :twisted: hearts fans would be screaming and the other big clubs would surely want to support another ‘big’ club. Armageddon all over again :lol:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... d-21679476
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Everyone is in uncharted territory with this pandemic, and a common sense approach should be taken by all to minimise the impact. If this means suspending football season 2019/20, there will be winners and losers in every division. It must have happened following declaration of WW1 & WW2.

Sure, it'll be a logistical nightmarefor our Scottish Football Authorities, who, when operating in normal circumstances, have proved themselves inept on many past occasions. It'll be unsurprising if this does not become a monumental SNAFU.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:43 pm

With players now becoming affected, it might, in a few weeks time, be impossible to even play behind closed doors. I think the season will come to a premature end and the relegation issues settled with the play offs obviously abandoned. You would assume that would mean just one down, on up throughout the divisions. If that means Hearts go down, too bad.

By the way, the SPFL is all four divisions so we'll definitely still be in it, TT!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Ahead of this weekends match Ross County have issued the following information

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.u ... -hamilton/

head of this weekends Premiership fixture with Hamilton at the Global Energy Stadium, Ross County would respectfully ask that anybody who has any cold or flu like symptoms does not attend the match.

While there is every chance that you may just have a cold or flu, it is imperative that we protect the health and well-being of all those who will be attending the match. This will also allow us to contain any potential spread of, what could be, coronavirus and ensures we are not taking any unnecessary risks with the safety of our supporters, staff or visiting personnel.

Our stewards will be briefed with the message that “anybody with cold or flu like symptoms should not be admitted entry to the match.”. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience that may be caused. Symptoms that may present themselves as concerning are: regular coughing, difficulty in breathing and fever like symptoms.

Infection can be spread within a 2-metre radius and can be inhaled through the lungs. Touching surfaces, objects or the hands of an infected person that has been contaminated with respiratory secretions and then touching their own mouth, nose or eyes (such as touching bannisters, door knobs or, shaking hands and touching your face).

Preventative measures:

Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands). Catch it, Bin it, Kill it.
Put used tissues in the bin straight away.
Wash your hands with soap and water often- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean

If you are worried about symptoms, please call NHS on 111. Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.

If you become unwell, please follow these steps

Contact a steward who will take you to a room with our first aid team to isolate yourself away from others. Try to stay at least 2 metres away from other people.
Open a window for ventilation if you can, but otherwise touch objects and surfaces as little as possible.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:53 am

More chance our fans turning up with the deadly Peronivirus which is at it's peak on a Saturday between the hours of daft o'clock till 3pm.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:06 pm

That's all football suspended in Scotland indefinitely. I will be surprised if we play again this season. How clubs will survive without gate money, I don't know. Probably 40 of the 42 will struggle.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gav » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:52 pm

Accies have previously said they dont need gate money so I am guessing the 2 you think will be alright are us and Celtic.
Gav
Championship

Postby Euan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:08 pm

I can’t see the league’s finishing all fixtures, maybe playing the final 3 games of this quarter would be a fair option, once it’s settled down.
Euan
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:38 pm

Anyone else have the theme from ‘the great escape’ ringing in their ears??
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:06 pm

Season void.

Looks like we won’t play again, season won’t count, and we go again in the top flight next season.

Hearts will stay up too. And Dundee United won’t be promoted.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:07 pm

Scott Brown has already said this now its Lennon’s turn

Celtic "should be champions" if the Scottish Premiership season cannot be completed, says manager Neil Lennon.

And of course as we already know what Celtic want Celtic get. Now assuming the league doesnt resume and I will be surprised if it does and Celtic are declared champions then presumably who ever is top of the Championship, Div 1 and Div 2 are also declared champions and it follows those who are bottom are declared relegated to make way for the champions of the 3 lower leagues. If there is no relgation however then there cant be any play offs. :evil:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:29 pm

If this means suspending football season 2019/20, there will be winners and losers in every division. It must have happened following declaration of WW1 & WW2.

Porcupine, the leagues across the UK werent suspended at the start of WW2, all competitions were ‘abandoned” in september 39 and instead regional leagues and cups were set up with teams changing from week to week as they relied to a great extent on former professional players on leave from the forces who were allowed to play for the team nearest to their base. The league set up didnt resume until season 46 - 47 and as far as i can see the teams making up the leagues were the same constituent ones from 39/40. The leagues apparently continued throughout WW1 so this is completely virgin territory.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:32 pm

It’s an utter joke of a decision.

Are they going to shut supermarkets and shopping centres like silver burn and braehead as there’ll be more people in there than every other game of football including the juniors apart from ibrox.

Absolute farce of a decision. Big crowds I understand but lower league and if you’re allowing shopping centres to remain open then it’s a farce
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:15 pm

Never been a better time for league restructure.

Keep the same teams in Premier League and promote the top 4 of the Championship , job done , everybody happy especially the fans.

Or is it not as easy as that :roll:
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:04 pm

Neil Doncaster has already stated that the season won't be void. It can't all have been a waste of time and money (and our wins at Fir Park and Ibrox not counting!). Likely that we'll resume again in June or July. Maybe not completing the season but getting everyone to the same number of games played. Then straight into the new season with no League Cup for a season. Can't see any play offs so maybe a repreive for Brechin or Albion Rovers as Highland League need to play Lowland League first.

As for it being a farce, players are now catching this, so their team mates will presumably also have to go into self-isolation, making it impossible to fulfill fixtures.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:03 pm

Stodmeister wrote:Never been a better time for league restructure.

Keep the same teams in Premier League and promote the top 4 of the Championship , job done , everybody happy especially the fans.

Or is it not as easy as that :roll:

This is too sensible for the SFA & SPFL people, Stodmeister, unless we get you on their committees :D

Promote two from both Highland and Lowland leagues to Div 2 as well then in the following next full season have the bottom three relegated from each Division and back to the play-offs for the fourth placed team in each.

Job done!! :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:15 pm

By the time the games are hopefully played,we should have all our injured players back in the squad.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:17 pm

No footy so I turn on BT sports and there’s live badminton so I tune in.

Wait a minute it’s live and from Birmingham NEC so i do some googling cause I’m google daft on a Saturday night and woah camel there’s 16,000 people in this venue.

Luckily for badminton fans that this virus is only transferable through football stadiums so they won’t be infected/affected.

Ant and decs Saturday night tedious shite takeaway has also survived the scare, what’s the chances?
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:56 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:No footy so I turn on BT sports and there’s live badminton so I tune in.

Wait a minute it’s live and from Birmingham NEC so i do some googling cause I’m google daft on a Saturday night and woah camel there’s 16,000 people in this venue.

Luckily for badminton fans that this virus is only transferable through football stadiums so they won’t be infected/affected.

Ant and decs Saturday night tedious shite takeaway has also survived the scare, what’s the chances?

These things won't be happening next week. I see Irish TV taking things more seriously with the Late Late Show going out last night without an audience while in England hundreds were gathered together in the studio for Sport Relief. Typical British arrogance. Maybe this week it will sink in that life is going to change completely and for a long time to come.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies