Coupon busting Accies v Killie pies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Coupon busting Accies v Killie pies

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:31 am

Both teams had hard games last night but we had the morale boosting win and there are players coming back from injury e.g. Miller plus presumably Temps is available. We have been here before but a second consecutive win would have a huge impact on the rest of our season. I'm expecting a draw :lol:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Coupon busting Accies v Killie pies

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:15 am

I only hope there are not too many team changes from last nights game , I watched this on line last night and, despite the fact we rode our luck a few times with Rangers missing some great chances, the lads put in some great effort and commitment and deserved to take the points.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby GMCGOWAN1988 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:13 pm

2 1_accies
GMCGOWAN1988
Pub League

Postby GMCGOWAN1988 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:14 pm

2 1 accies
GMCGOWAN1988
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:47 am

Surely has to be the same again with Miller and Temps on the bench.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:13 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:Surely has to be the same again with Miller and Temps on the bench.

You would think so but can't remember the last time we played the same team 2 games running.
As long as no injuries hopefully sense prevails
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Captain Haggis » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:07 pm

Sensational result again. I think that puts us above St Mirren. Sadly I had to leave with 20mins left for personal reasons so didnt see the win.
Captain Haggis
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:22 pm

What can I say, sometimes things do go our way. From the off it felt like a game in which someone was going to get sent off particularly with Colum refereeing so perhaps it was fortunate Hamilton went off injured when he did ;) and I was surprised it was nealy 80 minutes before someone got their marching orders. Even then maybe it was a good thing because we know we can defend with 10 for large periods of the game and we only had to cope with 11 plus injury. Overall we weren't that impressive perhaps not surprising after midweeks performance against Rangers. Lewis had a stinker and we rarely offered much going forward certainly not in the first half. Southwoood and Killie’s poor finishing kept us in it and then low and behold its our turn to have some good fortune and get a penalty in 90 minutes. The rest as they say is history. I did not for one minute last week anticipate 6 points from these 2 games and on top of that Middens goal difference took a hammering and Hearts only manage a draw and suddenly we are 9th. Now all we need is County to lose to rangers tomorrow and for us to get something next week from them. Got my bus ticket booked and travel now with some hope.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:43 pm

The home team rarely wins when these two teams play but we've managed two home wins this season with only ten men! Don't quite know how we won that, everything went against us. We were all saying at half time that we'd take a draw. Really dogged performances from everyone but especially McGowan, Want, Gogic and Scott Martin, who was deservedly MOTM. What a solo run he had in added time! Bet they don't show that tomorrow. Their keeper had a couple of cracking saved from Oggy and almost kept out his penalty. A massive win and great scenes at the end.

Mickel was silly, two bookable fouls and Collum got that right. The Want booking was ridiculous, it was a perfect tackle. Felt Moyo was unlucky to get subbed, thought it should have been Lewis but he had a couple of good moments near the end.

1,122 Accies fans, and while they usually count all ST holders anyway, it's likely many of them were actually there today after midweek.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:36 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:The home team rarely wins when these two teams play but we've managed two home wins this season with only ten men! Don't quite know how we won that, everything went against us. We were all saying at half time that we'd take a draw. Really dogged performances from everyone but especially McGowan, Want, Gogic and Scott Martin, who was deservedly MOTM. What a solo run he had in added time! Bet they don't show that tomorrow. Their keeper had a couple of cracking saved from Oggy and almost kept out his penalty. A massive win and great scenes at the end.

Mickel was silly, two bookable fouls and Collum got that right. The Want booking was ridiculous, it was a perfect tackle. Felt Moyo was unlucky to get subbed, thought it should have been Lewis but he had a couple of good moments near the end.

1,122 Accies fans, and while they usually count all ST holders anyway, it's likely many of them were actually there today after midweek.

The above was to be my own post but SC covers almost all of it. Only things to add IMO, are:-

Blair Alston- Still a major disappointment for me. Don't see what he brings to the team. Anonymous for much of the game. He always looked a talented player in other teams, but, to date, that talent is still to show in an Accies shirt.

David Moyo;_ Looked really disprited when subbed, as the very obvious was Lewis Smith, who was too lighweight for a big, strong, experienced and physical Killy defence for the whole game.

Will Collar :- Thought he did well when he came on and added a presence to the midfield.

David Templeton :- Always a threat, but sometimes just a wee bit selfish in posession when a pass would be a better option.

Finally, why did Collum let Flatfoot off with second yellow, when KB booted the ball right out the ground at our end at the penalty award? Was it because the game was stopped at that stage? Someone please clarify, as we had a player (Martin?) yellow carded for the same offence last game.

Great six points and pressure is now on County, Midden and JamTarts. The last five games of the Split are, as said before, going to be humdingers:):)
porcupine
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:30 pm

The optimism is back...we may yet survive this...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:44 am

We deserved a bit of last minute luck after so many last minute points dropped earlier. They do say it evens out...just at the right time for us. Hopefully continues.
With Miller it seemed that Collum paused, realised he had already been booked and jumped at the chance to get the red card out. Terrible referee.
The Want booking put him under pressure but he did really well yesterday. It was a great tackle but with the Kilmarnock player acting it up I could see why he was booked. Burke’s playacting and moaning was worse and an embarrassment.
Looking up the table at County, we can overtake them. The determination on show from the Accies players makes me confident.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Karachus » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:00 am

Great game to watch and a real thriller towards the end. My first time in the Park and I definitely loved it - Thanks at everyone for this amazing match and support and to the team for that vital win!
Karachus
Pub League

Postby Euan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:27 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Karachus, a typically Scottish game!
Euan
Premiership

Postby Karachus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:02 am

Euan wrote:Glad you enjoyed it Karachus, a typically Scottish game!

Loved it - People may say that Accies have no fans, but the atmosphere we had was amazing, totally different than in german stadiums. Well, right now, nobody is allowed to a football match in Germany anyway thanks to Covid19...

The win and the perfect week was the icing on the cake - Will definitely come back for more and keep track of the Accies from Germany. :D
Karachus
Pub League

Return to The Accies