Gordon Hamilton

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Gordon Hamilton

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:48 pm

Picked this up from Pie and Bovril if anyone can assist? I remember Gordon Hamilton well from that era. Probably the first accies team I remember. He played as others have said alongside Jim Frew, Arthur Mcmillan and Jim Dempsey. I remember his mop of curly hair for some reason :) This was posted by his nephew Gary. Dont post on P and B myself but Im sure quite a few on here do and may already have seen it.

Hi would anyone on this thread be able to help me, my uncle Gordon Hamilton who played over 150 games for the Accies in the early 70’s has recently been diagnosed with dementia and last week he had a heart attack. I’m trying to get old pictures and team photos of him so that we can talk about his career. He can remember playing football and all the clubs he played for, his short term memory has gone. If anyone could help I’d greatly appreciate it. Gary
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Gordon Hamilton

Postby smc4761 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:23 pm

I can remember going to see Accies in 70's and that was decent team we had back then. Solid defence most of the time with these players mentioned below, Rikki Ferguson in goal, and my hero Neil Hood up top
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Here's a good photo
Attachments
The Accies Sep 1974.jpg
The Accies Sep 1974.jpg (107.98 KiB) Viewed 7480 times
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:17 pm

Great picture Stodmeister. Hopefully Gordon will recognise most of his team mates.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby AlanHutcheson » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:52 pm

I have lots in my brother’s loft, and will look some out next week. In the meantime, if you go to Celtic wiki there’s a photo of Gordon at Parkhead in the 1974-75 League Cup quarter final report.
AlanHutcheson
Pub League

Return to The Accies