Accies v Well The 'Bare Bones' derby

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Well The 'Bare Bones' derby

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:01 pm

Motherwell getting their excuse in early.

Motherwell are down to "bare bones" after defender Jake Carroll suffered a serious injury in Tuesday's Scottish Cup last-16 replay defeat by St Mirren, says manager Stephen Robinson.

Carroll, 28, went off injured in the closing moments of an epic tie, in which his side came back from 4-1 down before losing on penalties.

It means Robinson is now without seven players from his first-team squad.

"Jake has got a serious injury. It doesn't look good at all," he said.

"We're down to bare bones now."

I thought that was our excuse :D But if I remember they played virtually a reserve team against us last season at NDP and still took the points. Young Hamilton will be available for this. Im sorry I still wouldnt play him but he will be alongside Want I assume. He's just not ready IMO. Dont know who else will be back for us McGowan doubtful I’m thinking. So overall we are in no better a position than Motherwell except the Well have had a really tough midweek game and lost it too boot. We need 3 points (dont we always) so lets hope for a decent turn out.
Last edited by TerracingTomas on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Well The 'Bare Bones' derby

Postby Gav » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:04 pm

Hamilton suspended for this after a previous red card.
Gav
Championship

Postby southoftheborder » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:43 pm

Gav wrote:Hamilton suspended for this after a previous red card.

He's not suspended - successfully appealed.
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gav » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Is he not suspended from the Celtic red card
Gav
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:33 pm

Gav wrote:Is he not suspended from the Celtic red card

That was my understanding too, Gav.

Has amyone considered recalling STANGER?? He has a lot more experience with the New Zealand World Cup squad last year and is also a wee bit older?

Probably too obvious for any one pf our young defenders to be recalled, if we, too, are down to the bare bones.

I'll be there to see the 'Well loose this one.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:51 pm

The club said a couple of weeks ago that Hamilton misses the Motherwell game.

Incidentally, when did "lose" become "loose"? I'm seeing it everywhere.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:25 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:The club said a couple of weeks ago that Hamilton misses the Motherwell game.

Incidentally, when did "lose" become "loose"? I'm seeing it everywhere.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Lose is a verb that means “to fail to win, to misplace, or to free oneself from something or someone.”
Loose is an adjective that means “not tight.”

Sorry, teacher! Have the ability. Easily distracted. Must try harder! :oops: :oops: :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:21 pm

That tunnel under the railway from Dalziel Streetis flooded by the way
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:50 pm

Bluesy wrote:That tunnel under the railway from Dalziel Streetis flooded by the way

Hugs and kisses to Bluesy for that!! I use it every game and it's a longer plod round to the Station & back, particularly if time is tight. :D :D

XXXX
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:45 pm

I thought we would come out second half with a game plan to take all 3 points from 10 man Motherwell, instead at times the second half had all the tempo of a training match. Oggie seemed to lose interest as the half progressed, Temps seemed to have run out of ideas instead relied on speculative shots from outside the box and Alston can’t be surprised at his substitution. Lewis Smith made some difference when he came on but not enough and given our bench there was nobody else likely to be a game changer. Yet another draw just not good enough.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:19 pm

I was quite excited when we signed Blair Alston. I though he was a real addition to our squad. So far, he has been underwhelming in his performances. Today was little difference. OK, he broke up a few attacks, but we should expect more from him with his experience.

We relied on too many long balls, against (as usual) a tall and strong 'Well defence. Why we did not play more on the deck, I do not know. AJ & Scott made some surging runs, but we seemed to be trying to give the ball to Temps when near their goals, and he had a poor game with far too many shots well over the goal, when a pass to a colleague might have borne more fruit.

There were positives, IMO, even though it was two points dropped. I thought Shaun Want had his best game in an Accies shirt today, and he has certainly matured and been far sounder as a defender. Hunt did well to stay out of trouble after a very early yellow card, but was fully committed for the rest of the game. Collar also had a good game.

We all know that draws like this are likely to cost us our place in the division. It'll be down to the 'split' at the end where we HAVE to get our main players back fully fit, to battle those five games out to our best advantage. I can't realistically see the next known five games giving us any more points.

However.............................It's Accies, so anything could happen :o

P.S. Alex Gogic must be due a suspension soon, with another yellow today? If so, before the 'sokit' please!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:56 pm

the scum were there for the taking yet we didn’t take. Sums up our season.

Very impressed with our display though. Very impressed.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:25 am

Pretty much sums our season, those last 4 games, 3 draws and a heavy defeat. WE only took 3 points where we should have taken 9. Those 6 missing points would have put us almst out os site for Hearts and put huge pressure on St Midden

St Midden, there for the taking, miss a penalty, Hearts we were going great guns, Hamilton wrongly sent off, it goes tits up. Motherwell down to 10 for more than a half and we cant take advantage. Form like that is what will see us going to Dundee/ Inverness/ Greenock/Ayr next season

Its gonna be a long road back, I can only think of Ross County who went down and came right back up recently
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Watching Hunt's display yesterday and it highlighted the futility and short sightedness of releasing young Leon McCann to Airdrie who would have been a better choice as McMann's deputy.

McMann's critics must have noticed how badly we missed his bombing down the wing yesterday.In addition,Big Oggy was breathing out his arse and Templeton looked half-time and off the pace.

For the life of me,I don't see why Alston repeatedly plays before Lewis Smith.Even last week at Tynecastle with ten men,he would have offered more taking the ball and driving down the park giving the defence a breather.

Oggy scores first half and Hunt puts in a decent ball for Moyo and we score and probably score at least one more.Two badly dropped points and not good enough.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:36 pm

Decent game, we should have won and another game where we’ve failed to get the extra points to move upwards.
Still in it, though need to get a win soon.
Euan
Premiership

Return to The Accies