Hearts v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Hearts v Accies

Postby Bluesy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:40 pm

Absolutely no point in buying a full price ticket if you can get away with a concession
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:27 am

Getting nervous about this already.

Leaning towards Want and Hamilton at the back and keeping Gogic in midfield
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 am

Am told it will be

Southwood
McGowan, Want, Gogic, McMann, Hunt
Martin, Collar Alston
Temps and Oggy
Gav
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:26 pm

What? We are two nil up against Hearts and then Jamie Hamilton is sent off yet again in 24 minutes?? Usual back down to ten men for over an hour?? And AJ off injured??

Gonna be a long afternoon at Tynecastle!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:50 pm

Just back and starting on the red wine. At 2 - 0 we were very much in charge and exploiting Hearts shambles of a defence. I had every expectation of adding a third before half time and game over. 3 above Hearts and level with Midden but then he does it again (Hamilton) clumsy challenge last man and off. That’s the third red and of course a penalty conceded. I don’t care if he’s a future prospect, I dont care if his agent is sleeping with the board, I don’t care if it’s about Yuf, he shouldn’t be playing in 6 pointer games. Was there another option given we were down to the bare bones. Woods was less of a gamble. Why not play a back 4 with Gocic and Want as central defenders from the off. He is costing us our chances of survival. Rant over and hats off to his team mates who played their backsides off. I hope they are given a win bonus they deserve it.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:59 pm

He’s a liability and out his depth, haven’t seen anything from him to justify the hype a la Ferguson.

But if some mug wants to come in with plenty then take it.

Maybe the fame of cutting about in a flash car is going to his head
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:48 pm

An exhausting day in Edinburgh. Knew right away that he was going to be sent off however I don’t think that this one should have been a red.
The rest of the team were magnificent however I thought that the subs could have been different.
Davies doesn’t have enough for me - I would have kept Moyo on.
Certainly feels like a defeat
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:50 pm

Have to say I immediately thought he was going to be ordered off, it seemed pretty clear and it was not a surprise to see a red card at all. He has to learn and unfortunately he has cost us again, although I have a bit of sympathy given the weather. If a Hearts player had done the same we would have been screaming for the same result.

Thought we started well and to be 2 goals up so quickly really had the home crowd baying for blood but when we went down to 10 men I would have been happy for a point, particularly as they then scored so early in the second half. Our defence was terrific for the most part and there were plenty of bodies being flung into tackles and blocks, so no-one can really complain about the fitness or attitude. Gogic, Martin and McMann were outstanding and indeed Martin spent plenty of time being kicked up in the air in the second half, with only 1 yellow card shown despite it being almost comical the times it happened.

Once again I thought our substitutions caused us issues. Alston came on early but in the second half I thought he wilted badly. Was really surprised Temps came on as it was never going to be his type of game and the height and bulk of Oggy had really caused them issues. Steve didn't do much and I would have kept Moyo on for the same reasons as Oggy. I know it was probably fitness that brought about both, but we were really under the cosh for the whole of the second half and the punts away really didn't allow Temps or Steve to do much, although one brief run from Temps was brought to a crashing halt. I don't think the 10 men could have done much more and Southwood played his part with some good keeping, although his kicking is still erratic and he pings them straight out with monotonous regularity.

Ultimately Hearts are gash and their expected revival may never actually happen as that must have been seen by them as a banker. Their wage bill is a scandalous waste of money, as are their admission prices and I for one would love it if they went down. Love it.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Begs.hafc » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:41 pm

Great Post Tumbleweed. Agree almost 100%. Except I think the sending off was harsh. Accidental handball, and a yellow would have been sufficient. Great effort by the boys. On to next week. C'mon the real hoops!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 am

Absolutely in awe of Gogic, McMann, Martin, Want and Oggy. They all demonstrated the type of attitude and skill that Gerrard simply can’t buy at the moment.
The support was great today. As good as I’ve seen at Tynecastle.
Time I would say to:

As supporters, forget the disconnect with the board and get fully behind the team.

As Directors, make it £12 a head until the end of the season after the Motherwell game.

As a collective, get it right up the rest of the rest of them and stay up. Circle the wagons and bring them on!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:47 am

Admire Martin for not retaliating to the kicking he was taking in the second half. The entire team showed the sort of fight that will be needed in the coming weeks, but special mention to Martin,Want and Gogic. McCann has just got better and better all season.
Agree about the substitutions, but I'm not sure anyone else on the bench would have been any better.

Just remember which fans were booing at the end!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:14 pm

An astonishingly bad decision to send Jamie Hamilton off which up until ex-Accie James Keatings getting sent off this afternoon (if you haven't seen it try to find it) must have been the worse refereeing of the weekend. Although it's not usually the Accies way they should appeal this one if only to help restore his confidence.

Two points lost from a winning position again but for me this was a point gained in adversity.

Total commitment combined with a decent game plan (I thought for once even the subs were correct) and maybe just maybe we're not down quite yet.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:An astonishingly bad decision to send Jamie Hamilton off which up until ex-Accie James Keatings getting sent off this afternoon (if you haven't seen it try to find it) must have been the worse refereeing of the weekend. Although it's not usually the Accies way they should appeal this one if only to help restore his confidence.

Two points lost from a winning position again but for me this was a point gained in adversity.

Total commitment combined with a decent game plan (I thought for once even the subs were correct) and maybe just maybe we're not down quite yet.

His arm was in a normal position for someone running. Very unlucky. I thought it was similar to his red card at home to Motherwell when he again inadvertently headed it onto his arm but the fact he was on the goal line meant the ref probably felt he had no option.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:47 am

Surely an appeal is in order here.

He’ll get a 4 game ban since it’s his 3rd red card if Accies accept it.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Hammy-hoops » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:39 pm

Shocking decision on 2 counts, It was never a deliberate hand ball & was not a clear goal scoring opportunity. Agree with previous post, we must appeal, if not the boy's confidence is going to take a severe jolt. Well done to the players, we have a real fight in the team, the kind of fight with right team selection we could be in cup quarterfinals.
Hammy-hoops
Pub League

Postby southoftheborder » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:12 pm

Bluesy wrote:Surely an appeal is in order here.

He’ll get a 4 game ban since it’s his 3rd red card if Accies accept it.

Yes, they are appealing
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:44 pm

Scandalous decision by that complete bozo Clancy, his natural running action caused the hand ball nothing else. Accidental at worst and it’s idiots like him is the reason England has VAR. imagine we go down by 1 point to hearts, we’d be outraged.

Have a look at his old firm performance at Celtic Park in December and you’ll see why he’s out his depth, his impartiality towards Celtic that day was a disgrace and no wonder rangers fans are shouting corruption from the sfa. Biased beyond belief.

I’ve saw this deadbeat countless times at Douglas Park and he guesses every time as he did so again on saturday for the sending off, If he thinks that was a deliberate handball then he’s not a grade 1 ref he’s a grade 1 bell end.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Accies Bill » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:26 pm

Not defending Clancy, as I agree with your evaluation of him, but it was actually the linesman who signalled for it and said it was deliberate, which shocks me more because the linesmen who run in front of our stand at the FOYs stadium game after game cannot make a decision to save themselves. The card was a joke and again has cost us points, my concern is the number of decisions in games now that are adding up and costing us points. The appeal is good news but also its about time questions are asked about the standard of officiating across the board, the last two home league games Celtic and Aberdeen are examples of shocking officiating.
Last edited by Accies Bill on Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:45 pm

Sitting at the game and knew that it would be given.It always is when it is against us.If,at the other end then it wouldn't have been given and the theories of some that they have it in for us are certainly gaining ground.

Proud of the team the way they fought like lions(why wasn't Walker sent off for three bad fouls?) and we surely must be due a bit of luck the way things have went the last month.

A draw on Friday and we win on Saturday against a side playing an energy sapping game in midweek would be ideal.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:41 am

It would be interesting to find out who the stand side linesman was and to see if he’s consistent in waving that flag to get people wrongly sent off or does he only do against the small club with the weight of a fevered home stand at his back, cowardly decision.
Big Wurzil
Championship

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies