Accies v Rangers cup game

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Rangers cup game

Postby Bluesy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:34 pm

I have a wee feeling that we might actually have a chance here.

Although I've seen us win twice at Ibrox it would be great to see us win at NDP. More than that however I am desperate for a cup run (it eats away at me more and more every year).

I'm not overly bothered about away fans in the home end as long as they are civilised (I would do the same if Accies ever sold out and have done it many times following Scotland).

I think the club are trying to cut down away fans by having the rules in place and it must be costing them a fortune in revenue having vast numbers of seats empty. I was very surprised that I was able to get my own seat which is at section C next to the cordon as I assumed we would probably only get the Sainsbury's end for this game.

We need a good result tomorrow for loads of reasons but if the performance is as good as Saturday against St Mirren I'll be right up for Saturday coming.

Oggy and Temps up front. 'Mon the Accies.
Bluesy
Premiership

Re: Accies v Rangers cup game

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:47 pm

“I have a wee feeling that we might actually have a chance here.”

Depends a lot Bluesy what happens on Wednesday night in terms of the result and injuries. Lose and heads will be down and if key players aren’t back or get injured onWednesday we will be struggling. Rangers aren’t invincible but if they aren’t going to win the league Gerard needs something to show for the season so they aren’t going to take the game lightly.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:13 pm

Bluesy wrote:I'm not overly bothered about away fans in the home end as long as they are civilised.

They never are though. This lot are usually worse than the Green lot and they were horrendous on Sunday.

Let’s just get tomorrow’s pumping out the way first.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby porcupine » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:25 pm

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:
Let’s just get tomorrow’s pumping out the way first.

Hopefully, a pumping of St Midden :D :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:28 pm

Some team line up. No Temps, Oggie and Moyo on the bench, Davies lone striker, Hamilton back in defence, Lewis starting. I take it we are trying to keep key players out of trouble for the league.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:15 pm

Shocking line up.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Cheated again here,definite penalty there.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Accies Bill » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:14 pm

2 penalties missed or ignored, its about time questions were asked because this is a joke.
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:54 pm

I blame Bluesy and his 'wee feeling' cos I paid my £25 and attended, partly because I refuse to be intimidated by old firm fans. Mind you I had no Accies identifying apparel ;) Anyway that team lineup for Hamilton must have come as a ‘disappointment’ to those attending but irrespective forced injury changes meant we ended up at half time with a much stronger 11. It showed in lewis smith’s goal which was set up by Oggie who made an immediate impact on coming on. Their penalty looked soft indeed I didnt realise they had one. I was waiting for the ref to book moreles who seemed to throw himself to the ground theatrically after any collision. But the BBC called it a clumsy challenge by Hamilton. So thats' 2 sending offs and one penalty conceded to his credit. :oops: At half time I was optimistic we might indeed do something. Second half another substitute cos Miller got a knock towards the end of the first half and blair alston came on. However we rarely troubled them. I can think of one opportunity in the second half for us after were 2 - 1 down a header that passed the post. Overall no complaints with the result.
Crowd wise I didnt see any example of rangers fans in my section bar the hospitality back row again and those occupying those seats in my section were an older crowd who did a bit of clapping rahter than try and wind up the home fans. There seemed to be some kind of flash point over at the nearest home section to the rangers fans in our stand. A few Accies fans standing up and pointing and some extra stewards moving in but it didnt seem to come to anything. Oh and credit to the SLO who was monitoring fans entering through our turnstiles. Presumably he was also helping the stewards identify what a rangers scarf looked like :evil: Not going to try and guess the home attendance and would take any figure from the club as unreliable.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:44 pm

another passionate performance followed by a collapse at the end - feel heart sorry for the players that give their all.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:07 am

Glad there were no issues however there was such a poor turnout, probably less than 500 which obviously included a fair few "Rangers" fans. The ticket price would have kept many away. Next time, the club should give the old firm the first half of the main stand, with Accies fans given the blocks to the left of the directors box. There shouldn't be any issues with ST holders at that end as the last main block sometimes has fewer than 100 fans.

Yesterday was terrible PR from the board and manager. The ticket situation was so badly handled and then we run up the white flag with the team. Another cup slap in the face for the fans. No major semi since 1979. This matters to us, do they not get that? They need to make it up to us and quickly!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Watched from my sick bed and the amount of regular match going fans not there was solely due to the pricing -especially £15 for kids.

A one off Cup game which witnessed a half reserve team do ok until they ran out of steam.However,we are in a relegation battle so I can see why we put that team out.If we were mid-table,it would have easily been a stronger team.

Reasonable prices and we would have had a decent support as the interest was definitely there from the support.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:31 pm

There we go, a manager who has faith in his team to go toe to toe with Rangers and beat them for the second time this year. We have snivelling Brian Rice who throws in the towel before the game starts. Do us a favour Rice and just fuck off!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Alty accie » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:57 pm

Hear, hear. The man is totally clueless.
Just while away your days in the bookies.
Alty accie
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies