St Mirren v Accies Wednesday 05 February

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

St Mirren v Accies Wednesday 05 February

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:52 pm

After today's results, where those round about us are grinding out points with draws, it looks like next Wednesday's game at Paisley will be a season defining moment. I am ignoring whatever happens tomorrow v Celtic.

Win, and we draw level on points with St Midden and put pressure on both them and County, where we would only be one point behind County, should they loose their home game against Livvy.

Loose, and as it's a six pointer, both clubs climb away from us. Of course, our new signings might make a material difference, plus anyone back from injury could help matters. Not looking great, however, IMO.

BTW, does Mayo with a broken thumb mean that he cannot play a football game, due to Health & Safety Regs?

What say you??
porcupine
Premiership

Re: St Mirren v Accies Wednesday 05 February

Postby Euan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:09 pm

There would be no point in getting points tomorrow then losing at St Mirren.
Of the next three games if we only win one (or even draw one) it has to be Wednesday night.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:45 pm

We ain’t getting point(s) tomorrow.

If we’re still in the game by ht I’ll be amazed.

St Mirren have got an up and coming manager who proved himself in the lower leagues, what did we appoint, a number 2 in his 50’s with no 1st team experience.

Ps, been to quite a few reserve games and GB doesn’t make much difference in the dugout
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:30 am

Is Hamilton out for this one because of the sending off? If so i assume its Want in his place. Who drops out for Temps? Be there or be square. :D

Accies twitter update confirms Hamilton out.

Jamie Hamilton will serve an immediate 1 match ban for yesterday’s red card - St Mirren on Wednesday - and a further 1 match, as it’s 2nd red of the season, with effect from 16 Feb, which will be Motherwell home on 22nd
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:27 pm

Ticket prices for Wednesday from St Mirren site

Adult £22
OAP (Over 65) £12
Full-Time Student £12
Unemployed £12**
Child (under 18) £12
Child (under 12) £6
Wheelchair User £12#
Carer FREE
** Proof of unemployed status must be shown when purchasing a match day ticket. Proof must be dated within the last three months.

# – The ‘Wheelchair user’ ticket is only available to purchase directly from the Ticket Office, it is not available on the Online Ticket Shop. Proof must be provided for anyone requiring a carer. To be entitled to a carer ticket you must be in receipt of the higher rate mobility component of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:35 pm

Assume it's the usual ticket window round the corner on the Away Stand?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Karachus » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:06 am

Big Wurzil wrote:We ain’t getting point(s) tomorrow.

If we’re still in the game by ht I’ll be amazed.

St Mirren have got an up and coming manager who proved himself in the lower leagues, what did we appoint, a number 2 in his 50’s with no 1st team experience.

Ps, been to quite a few reserve games and GB doesn’t make much difference in the dugout

It´s clean and simple, we have to win if we still want to stay in the Premiership. If the Accies only take half of the effort vs. Celtic to Paisley today, they win even if they are coached by Gandalf and Frodo Beutlin. If not - Well, I always wanted to see Cappielow Park. Preferably without the Accies going down, but beggars can´t be choosers....
Karachus
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:52 pm

Clutching for positives - we could still end up level over the four games with St Mirren, we just have to beat them after the split. Only three points taken out of twenty-one against the two Saints and County. But maybe Hearts aren't going to kick on like I thought and we've four out of six against them. No need to fear Aberdeen next midweek. Let's hope their poor run (three games without a goal) continues in the cup.

I still hope we play our strongest side on Saturday and give it a real go. Stuff this "forget about the cup". If there's one club crying out for the galvanising effect a good cup run would bring it's Accies.

*Just to correct myself, Aberdeen haven't scored in four league games. And they needed a late penalty to get past Dumbarton.
Last edited by Stevie Clarke on Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:05 am

Game of 2 half’s. We bossed the first half and Midden were lucky to go in only one down. Second half largely belonged to Saint Mirren and I thought we had won a watch with the penalty but Miller makes a hash of it. It was at the far end but there seem to be some sort of discussion re who should take it and given it was Miller I think who got fouled he must have elected to step up. On moments such as these are seasons saved or lost. County and St Johnstone kick on. Only saving grace is Hearts defeat. Apparently booed off at full time. Bottom line we just can’t seem to beat those around us.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:15 am

Good summary TT, only missing out the fizzer that Oggy hit and which was tipped onto the bar in the first half.

Our HOPE stadium name just about sums up our chances in the remaining games.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:28 am

Trying to sit back on a 1 goal lead for 45 minutes plus comes back to bite us again.

Looking forward to Arbroath away.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby wearyelco » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:02 am

Felt we looked very tired in the second half. Think an hour with 10 men on sunday took its toll (especially McMann). Was ashamed to hear the boos at ft
wearyelco
Pub League

Return to The Accies