Re: January transfer window

Postby Gav » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Adrian Beck away as well.
Gav
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:15 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:From BBC gossip page:-

Dunfermline Athletic will today complete the signing of 32-year-old Wales goalkeeper Owain Fon Williams on loan from Hamilton Academical. (Daily Star, print edition)

Hurrah if correct. We have had a succession of really good keepers over the years but OFW was never up there. We were warned by Inverness fans that he was a bit of a liability and so it has proved. We are starting to dismantle the squad already :(

Now, just confim, we have got Southwood signed until the end of the season, haven't we?? :o :o

Underwhelmed by OFW in goals, so not a surprise here.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby The Goalie » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:31 pm

It's all happening today.

Hopefully the SFA will show leniency towards the manager today, then Brian can concentrate on finalising deadline day signings???

I realise that we are not a club awash with money but surely with players going on loan, returning to their parent clubs, etc... will give us enough money to spend on a player(s).
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:44 pm

Now, just confim, we have got Southwood signed until the end of the season, haven't we??

Pretty sure thats the case but its whether there is a recall clause in the loan deal that would worry me :?:

If I remember correctly whats his name our long term injured goalie is due back into training any time soon so may be they are counting on him as back up :oops:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:44 pm

Interview with OFW from BBC website. Apparently he was surprised by his move to Dunfermline :o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51323973
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby The Goalie » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:45 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Interview with OFW from BBC website. Apparently he was surprised by his move to Dunfermline :o

Oh Feck Williams is bloody deluded if he does not know why he has been allowed to go out on loan.

In fairness to him, Accies signed him, so surely reports from our scouts (if we have any) would have been positive. He was given the opportunity to add to his only Welsh cap...like the majority of his goalkeeping with Accies...he fumbled this opportunity.

Thankfully, we now have a goalkeeper who can do the basics i.e. catch a ball, command his box, etc...
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:08 pm

The Goalie wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:Interview with OFW from BBC website. Apparently he was surprised by his move to Dunfermline :o

Oh Feck Williams is bloody deluded if he does not know why he has been allowed to go out on loan.

In fairness to him, Accies signed him, so surely reports from our scouts (if we have any) would have been positive. He was given the opportunity to add to his only Welsh cap...like the majority of his goalkeeping with Accies...he fumbled this opportunity.

Thankfully, we now have a goalkeeper who can do the basics i.e. catch a ball, command his box, etc...

Yup! You build an attack from the defence out, so Southwood's confidence in goals should surely be a start for February onwards.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Accies Bill » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:27 pm

Temps is back!!!!!!!!
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:39 pm

Haven’t seen anything from the club yet but he’s certainly left Burton so hopefully he’s back until the season end. Fingers, legs everything crossed
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:50 pm

Hamilton Accies have rejected a bid for Hamilton winger Mikel Miller, according to a report.

STV have said that Jack Ross’ move has been rejected by Brian Rice’s side.

Miller is out of contract in the summer.

Good to see. I would imagine he wants to return south in the summer given reported earlier in the season “home sickness” issues.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:09 pm

Daily Record reporting Temps signed.

The former Rangers wide man spent two seasons with Accies scoring 10 goals before moving south of the border two years ago.

Templeton, 31, scored six times in 36 appearances for the Brewers but has been reduced to fleeting appearances off the bench this season.

Now he has negotiated his early release from Burton to allow him to return to Hamilton where he will become Brian Rice’s fourth signing of the window later this evening.

Templeton will go into the squad to face Celtic on Sunday.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:14 pm

Ronan Hughes to Stirling Albion on loan.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:21 pm

This is what I don’t get.

Rohan Hughes is chapping on the door of a 1st team place or was at the start of the season in bet Fred games. He was probably one of the better players on show in the recent reserve game v st mirren which included mimnaugh and Cunningham so how does he end up at a team 6th in the 4th tier?

What is he going to learn there, surely to get a test it’s a championship team at worst. McKinnon hasn’t been anywhere near the 1st team all season and he goes to partick.

Baffled
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Gav » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:24 pm

Daz has proved himself at a decent level. Hughes looks like a junior player at best.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:11 am

Big Wurzil wrote:This is what I don’t get.

Rohan Hughes is chapping on the door of a 1st team place or was at the start of the season in bet Fred games. He was probably one of the better players on show in the recent reserve game v st mirren which included mimnaugh and Cunningham so how does he end up at a team 6th in the 4th tier?

What is he going to learn there, surely to get a test it’s a championship team at worst. McKinnon hasn’t been anywhere near the 1st team all season and he goes to partick.

Baffled

At the start of the season while we were trying to play on the "front foot" it suited some of the younger players however as that policy has largely gone out the window we have tumbled down the league and the game has become more dogged and attritional which doesn't suit the youngsters.

I think with Daz being on the bench and getting no game time it meant that he was not match fit and therefore right at the time when we could have done with him he wasn't up to it. He's not managed a full game for Thistle yet.

My thoughts are that Smith and Hamilton will make it at Hamilton however Hughes and Cunningham will ultimately get released unfortunately ,look what happened to McCann. What has happened to last season's wonder kid Minmaugh?

Stanger must also be wondering what he has done wrong when he sees Fjortoft in the team.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:10 pm

Well that was the January transfer window that was. The last few seasons we have brought in reinforcements to strengthen for the run in to the end of season. Last year we brought in Oakley, who I believe we paid a fee for, Macmillan on loan from Saint Johnstone, big Steve and of course Andreu. Not saying all those signings worked out but we certainly splashed some cash, (Not forgetting a change of manager). This window by my reckoning we have saved money on the player budget!! We offloaded players in the shape of MacKinnon to Partick, one of our big earners, McCann to Airdrie, ok a small wage, Adedoyin and Beck’s loans ended, OFW on loan to the Pars, and Ronan Hughes to Stirling. All the young players out on loan have remained out other than Charlie Reilly whose back because of injury. Woods has come in but a straight swop for Stubbs and I can’t imagine Dales from Stockport is costing much.

The big money signing is Temps but I reckon he was happy to come back here on an end of season basis as it allows himself to put himself in the shop window for next season at a club where he previously enjoyed himself. Rice warned us that there wouldn't be much inward movement but his comments after the Livvie game suggested that because of injuries we definitely needed recruits. Are Dales and Temps enough we will just have to see? Whatever I am going to enjoy seeing Temps playing in an Accies shirt again something I didn't think I would ever see.

As for our young starlets who have been connected with just about every English premiership club they remain which is good news for the time being. Not that some of these clubs weren’t in the market for young players. Everton signed a 17-year-old defender from Carlisle; Newcastle signed 16-year-old Reagan Thomson from Queens Park and Chrystal Palace signed 18-year-old Scott Banks from Dundee United. Either they didn't fancy any of our boys, we weren’t selling or we were asking too much.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:29 am

Ok I know its february but a last bit of business on the transfer front with Ross Cunningham going out on loan to Clyde yesterday until the end of the season. By my count we have 11 out on loan now. Never understand the thinking. We give him another year on his contract he features at the beginning of the season then falls out favour and presumably the boy himself has looked for this to give himself a platform for next year if we release him. Could have done with his penalty taking skills last night :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Accies Bill » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:33 am

He is currently our top goal scorer.
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:31 pm

And again is this the level of our loanees, going to a team potentially fighting for a relegation play off in the 3rd tier.

Something isn’t right
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:24 am

From the Daily Record a few days ago:

Hamilton Accies youth supremo slams Albion Rovers boss dig after loan kid axed
Jack Breen had penned an extension loan just last month having spent the first half of the season in League Two.

Hamilton Accies head of academy George Cairns has blasted Albion Rovers boss Kevin Harper after his jibe at axed loan kid Jack Breen.
An extension to his temporary deal at Cliftonhill was ripped up just four weeks after new terms were agreed.

Harper stated last week that the 20-year-old midfielder asked to go back to New Douglas Park after he was left on the bench against Cove Rangers.
The League Two gaffer added he was “not disappointed that he has left the club but I’m disappointed that he didn’t want to stay and fight for a place in the team.”

Breen cannot play for his parent club after returning outside of the transfer window.
New Douglas Park chief Cairns, who is currently taking the first team alongside Guillaume Beuzelin in the absence of Brian Rice, slammed the pop at the young talent.
“We will get Jack back out on loan, that’s for sure,” he said.
“I saw the Albion Rovers manager had some comments where he said that Jack didn’t want to stay and fight for his place in the team.
“To be honest, I’m disappointed with that. You try and build a good relationship with clubs and they give players a chance; sometimes it just doesn’t work out.

“I didn’t think that was the right thing to do. It just didn’t work out for Jack at Albion Rovers and sometimes it just isn’t the right environment.
“He’s just a young lad so I don’t think it was right to do that. We spoke with him and we will get him another club.
“He played for our reserves on Tuesday night; he’s a talented boy.

“He’s a good player and has the right attitude in training. He would be the first name on my team sheet.
“I’m disappointed with how it went for him at Albion Rovers but some clubs are better with loan players than others.”

Obviously a fall out of some kind as an earlier story states he had been getting game time with Rovers in the last few weeks after a slow start.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies