Accies v Livvie

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Livvie

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:46 pm

Since the beginning of December Livvie have played 3 away games losing ot Aberdeen and drawing with Midden and Hearts so Im going for a 1 - 1 draw. We seem to be capable of some pretty good spells of play but cant sustain it for 90 minutes. But we are at home and I assume southwood goes back in and our Palace signing gets the nod in defence. Right back Gocic again or is there an alternative?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Livvie

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:08 pm

The patchy way were are playing I'd take a draw BUT we REALLY need to put 3 points on the board in games like this. Livvy have a far better goals scored than us and a better defensive record so it'll be tough.

With only 18 points from 22 games and 16 games left to play the opportunities are there, but need to be taken for all of the 90 minutes. February will be a really tough month for points in the five games to be played.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:43 pm

Draw would be OK however we really need to start winning a few games, getting points and putting pressure on Midden, Ross County and Hearts

same old issues as the Canning era, cannae defend, lose too many goals from set pieces, cannae hold onto a lead.

So have we progressed, only won 4 out of 22 games, much the same as Canning
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:10 pm

Plenty injuries,so line up will be interesting.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:48 am

We need a win, for the extra points and for confidence. Hopefully we do but the realist in me expects a draw.
Euan
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:18 am

I’m confident. 2-0 to us.

Which will mean that we’ll get humped.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:39 pm

Guessing Moyo, McGowan, Oakley and Hamilton are all out, talk of seven out injured. I take it Moyo picked up an injury in training, which is rotten timing after his great second half at Fir Park. Have to hope Livi have an off day, otherwise a draw would be decent in the circumstances.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Re: Accies v Livvy

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:06 pm

Outplayed today. Even with a VERY makeshift defence, we gave away needless goals here. After scoring, we allow them to equalise within 60 seconds. They then take the lead, and we eventually equalise by their keeper having a howler and dropping the ball to allow our newest signing (Woods) a debut goal.

Bizzarly, Livvy players all claim for a penalty when in our box and Bobby Madden after running away from the goal, then runs back and gives a spot kick, from which they score 3-2. Later another mix-up in our defence allows Livvy to trundle a slow ball into the back of the net for 4-2. OFW continues to unimpress me. Southwood HAS to start the next two games!

Fjortoft looked to be well off the pace and seemed suspect at most of the goals conceeded. Micky Miller ran tirelessly, and tried for all lost causes, but only he got pass marks, IMO. Deservedly the MOTM, in a poor Accies team.

Our injury list grows daily and almost all are defenders. Not now sure whether the trip to Paisley mid-week is a great idea, on this showing. Celtic a week tomorrow with basically the same team options, must be giving BR some major headaches. That game could be a real embarrassment for us.

On this showing, we are going down.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:19 pm

Good summary of a poor performance Porcupine. Fielding a defence that included Want, Fjortoft, OFW and Woods was a big ask and so it proved. And when it started going south none of the subs made a difference. As for the ‘penalty’ I assume the linesman gave it because as you point out the ref was already running away. I saw fjortoft arguing with the ref and pointing to his forearm soI assume the ball must have hit him. Rice can’t be blamed for the injuries but once we lose our first choices there is nothing there to replace them. Loose to Midden and I can’t see us so surviving.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:31 pm

Poor. Very poor.

After our first goal i was positive although of course that positivity lasted a whole 43 seconds.

Even the baby Jesus couldn’t miraculously save us from going doing this season. I hopefully will be proved wrong but i honestly can’t see any way back.

Still, we’ve 2 easy games coming up....
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:55 pm

Yeah that’s probably the result that relegates us this season. Rice totally inept and this team just aren’t good enough outside the first 11 and that showed today.

For what must be the 5th 6th or 7th game this season Miller was the only one playing because he’s playing for a move. Fon Williams couldn’t catch Coronavirus in a Beijing hospital, no cover at full backs leaves Want looking a million times worse than he already is, oggy has the first touch of an elephant and Smith was a million miles off the pace today.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:42 pm

I think Lewis Smith might benefit from a season in the Championship. Unfortunately, I don't think a loan deal will be necessary.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:39 pm

aldoaccie wrote:Still, we’ve 2 easy games coming up....

Is that after or including Wednesday night's game? :cry: :cry:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:09 pm

porcupine wrote:
aldoaccie wrote:Still, we’ve 2 easy games coming up....

Is that after or including Wednesday night's game? :cry: :cry:

We don't play in midweek, next up is Celtic then away to St Mirren the following midweek.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:28 pm

A very poor performance over the whole game and our complete inability to defend properly lost us 3 cheap goals. I would expect that OFW will be dropped after being ineffective again, he just does not inspire confidence, so the one positive from today is that BR can now justifiably bring Southwood back. The defending is just rubbish whenever we lose a goal, it's such an ongoing pattern that we seemingly cannot break and will keep killing us until BR can find some solution - I know we are missing players but cheap goals are now commonly given away no matter who is playing.

I cannot really think of anything we did well for more than a couple of minutes at a time and our midfield is a shambles in terms of creativity and spark when games need some direction. I do like Gogic and Martin in terms of dig and fight, but that's not enough to keep driving us forward and as we thought even in August we are sadly lacking in that area and I cannot see us addressing that any time soon. Oggy was poor today and I was really surprised both he and Lewis Smith started as they were not great when they came on against Hibs. Lewis looked very inhibited and we saw very little of his attacking instincts, not sure what his instructions were but surely we must channel his ability into forward movement rather than jogging about midfield wondering what to do.

Unfortunately, we didn't have a good half today, and all in all it was pretty much rubbish. :shock:
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:01 am

Agree with basically everything written above.
Southwood should have started and must after that!
We keep throwing away points from winning positions and must take something at St Mirren.
Realistically I think we will finish bottom this year, but that may be beneficial to some of the young players development?
It’s been a poor season with the odd glimmer of hope snatched away on so many occasions.
Euan
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:19 am

Just had a look at upcoming fixtures and basically oor tea is oot, Celtic St Midden Aberdeen Hearts then Motherwell

We have 10 games to the split, 2 against old firm so that leaves 8 games where we can potentially take points. We need to win at least 4 games between now and split to take us to 30 points. Considering we have only won 4 games all season out of 23 that aint gonna happen

The inability to defend, keep a lead and play, for 90 minutes ( how many goals have we lost in last 5 minutes) means we are simply not good enough. I appreciate that injuries have not helped but its the same for most of the wee diddy teams near bottom of league

Rice record is not any better than Canning, who we all pretty much agree was out of his depth.

Sorry guys its 12th place for us this season and down to a really tight Championship, where we could also struggle
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:21 pm

smc4761 wrote:Just had a look at upcoming fixtures and basically oor tea is oot, Celtic St Midden Aberdeen Hearts then Motherwell

We have 10 games to the split, 2 against old firm so that leaves 8 games where we can potentially take points. We need to win at least 4 games between now and split to take us to 30 points. Considering we have only won 4 games all season out of 23 that aint gonna happen

The inability to defend, keep a lead and play, for 90 minutes ( how many goals have we lost in last 5 minutes) means we are simply not good enough. I appreciate that injuries have not helped but its the same for most of the wee diddy teams near bottom of league

Rice record is not any better than Canning, who we all pretty much agree was out of his depth.

Sorry guys its 12th place for us this season and down to a really tight Championship, where we could also struggle

Concur!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:45 pm

If we can get the players back that did so well in the second half at Fir Park then there's no reason why we can't get five or six points from the next five. It's doom and gloom on here every season but we always manage to pull it off somehow. Has no one noticed Killie are in freefall and have lost their last seven games? They're only five ahead of us and we've a good record against them. Ross County also can't buy a win. A long way to go.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:If we can get the players back that did so well in the second half at Fir Park then there's no reason why we can't get five or six points from the next five. It's doom and gloom on here every season but we always manage to pull it off somehow. Has no one noticed Killie are in freefall and have lost their last seven games? They're only five ahead of us and we've a good record against them. Ross County also can't buy a win. A long way to go.

Hey, SC, glad of your positivity here, even though what you say is fact about RC and Killy.

Yes, it's all dependant on ALL our first team players recovering from whatever 'injuries' they have incurred. And, I'm not suggesting that any injuries are spurious!! BUT, it's a big ask, and I'm sure that I'm not the only supporter who is wondereing whether this 'record breaking' time in the Premiership is really value for money.
We go to see our team compete against its peers, and we are NOT doing that this season, far less with any consistency from game to game. Injuries are a fact of life in football teams, but we seem to be particularly worse off than everyone else, and that is more likley to ingather fewer points than all the others.

We need another miracle finish to our season, and for others to collapse around us. So far, I don't see that happening :(
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies