Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Scottish Cup draw (home v Rangers)

Postby Bluesy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:27 pm

Aw naw! What a pity. At least a home draw
Bluesy
Premiership

Re: Scottish Cup draw (home v Rangers)

Postby aldoaccie » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:31 pm

My initial thought wasn’t about the game. It was how much hassle that there will be with sevco fans infiltrating the home end.

Please please please have this game stewarded like a Trump visit.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:11 pm

Crap, crap, crap.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Colombian Boffin » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:33 pm

What a horrible reward for all our efforts yesterday.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:02 pm

After five or six successive away draws we're finally getting home games and it's still shite! If it's not St Johnstone it's Rangers! Doubt I'll bother, especially if it's £25.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:39 pm

The last 3 games we’ve played v the old firm have been very promising.

£20 would be the right in my opinion.

We could perhaps use this game as a vehicle to sell ‘rest of the season’ tickets with £20 of the cost going into the pot for that game. Obviously this would be more than compensated for by Rangers fans’ contribution when it came to splitting the gate money.

So disappointed in this draw but some good could come from it and you never know
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:53 pm

Unlikely that they can do a season ticket deal etc as half the dosh goes to rangers and they need to agree to it.

We’ll take the coconut shy end for this game and give them the rest of the stadium and coin it in
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:14 am

Should be £15 a ticket and Season Book holders to get a friend for the same to ensure a half decent home support.£25 a ticket and very few will pay this.TV money and a full house,so we will do ok cash wise anyway.

As for the game,due to being sandwiched in between League games,both sides will play plenty squad players.Not all gloom and doom as we know we can give the Old Firm a game at home but obviously a disappointing draw.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:19 pm

Like others I was hoping for a wee team but its a home tie, and I can't even make it due to pre-booked week-end. :cry:

BUT, this is a money making oportunity for Accies to maximise the income here. As ST's would have to buy a ticket for the game anyway, and Accies know how many ST's already sold, why not concentrate all Accies support into the central section of the main stand? Many older ST's don't attend OF games anyway due to the hassle and aggravation from the OF knuckleheads, and as said many PATG will be put off by the £25 entry.

We have a ground capacity of 6018 x£25 = Potential £150,450. Even with policing costs and halving this, we should get £50K + all of the TV Income, and the 5th Round Cup payment, so it's a real bonus, regardless of whether we win, loose or draw. The latter would be a real pay-day, and give BR something from which to strengthen his squad in the summer.

As one of the few who have seen Accies beat Rangers in the Cup, nothing is impossible. Live the dream again!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 pm

The latter would be a real pay-day, and give BR something from which to strengthen his squad in the summer.

There is nothing to indicate Porcupine that when we do get an unbudgeted for windfall such as this that it goes towards the playing budget. Everything suggests that over the years the playing budget is set at the beginning of the season and its a pretty tight one at that. it seems to allow for some activity in janaury but thats it. When we get extra its always about funding our youth academy or a ground improvement its never about boosting the playing budget. And dont forget after the scam we seem to have taken out some form of loan facility through a charge on the ground. Sorry I'm in an Eyeore the donkey mood this morning.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:55 pm

It might not be Brian Rice's budget either by the looks of it.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:19 pm

6018 x £25? What about concessions? Let's not rip people off and charge a decent price. £20 & £10 for instance. We don't give the other team half either, it's more like 40%.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:6018 x £25? What about concessions? Let's not rip people off and charge a decent price. £20 & £10 for instance. We don't give the other team half either, it's more like 40%.

That was always a Maximum figure available, SC, and as a concession myself I do agree that a reduced price should, but not necessarily would, increase our support on the day. Saturdays's £15/£10 certainly didn't!

Of course, any OF game, where the hundreds of local OF supporters can easily obtain tickets at our Ticket Office, will always be a sell-out, and I suspect we have to keep both sets of supporters at the same price for the Scottish Cup. Can't see Accies cutting their throats however by offering £20/£10. What did Sevco & Cellick charge us at thir place for a league game earlier this year?
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies