Accies .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:46 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:51 pm

It's a must win basically.

St.Johnstone did their homework on Saturday and got tactics spot on so I hope we can do the same .

On Saturday Hearts looked pedestrian at the back and devoid of ideas ,a bit the same as us at times, but our guys seem to work and try harder than they do. We can't seem to create much offensively and they seem to rely on balls to Ikpeazu but lets face it we're both down the bottom of league for a reason.

It's our home game so we need to take it to them , the first goal will probably win it.

Watching the highlights on BBC Alba Mikel Miller is playing a role that clearly he doesn't look comfortable with , he got beat a few times and never tracked back ,he needs to play further forward or not at all.

We had 5 changes on Saturday , 3 enforced (Easton , Smith and Oggy) I wonder if they were being wrapped in cotton wool for the Hearts game, Brian needs to get our midfield selection right on Saturday ,bit of dig plus creativity and if Davies is fit get him up front to bully Berra and Halkett.

I'll be following in hope rather than expectation but I think Hearts are there for the taking
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:41 pm

Brian needs to get our midfield selection right on Saturday ,bit of dig plus creativity

Thats the biggest problem Stodmeister IMO no creativity and I can't see where it will comefrom unless Alston is back. I had hoped we would splash some cash in January for a creative midfielder even an on loan option but all the signs are thats not going to happen. No new manager bounce for hearts last saturday they are probably keeping that for this fixture. Not hopeful :cry:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Didn’t realise hearts play Celtic at home on Wednesday so what a chance to get in about tired legs from the off and take the game to them.

Wishful thinking.......
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Euan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:24 pm

If Celtic win by 3 or more goals, which is distinctly likely, then we will be off the bottom going into the game.
Clutching at straws....
Euan
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:42 am

Expectation is that Hearts will gub us. We don’t expect anything else.

Which means that we’ll win...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Apparently the new Hearts manager did a Terry butcher and said that the squad he has inherited is woeful and will need major surgery but he had enough sense to share that view privately with Ann Budge. She however couldn't keep her mouth shut and spilt the beans at the Hearts AGM this week. So I was hoping for some sort of negative response from the Hearts players but from what I saw of the second half last night not the case. Against our defence I would expect them to do something they havent done for 5/6 games score. How will we line up absolutely no idea. I hope davies gets the first 45 at least and Gocic will be back. Collar to keep his place and will easton be fit. I know we have been told not to expect much transfer activity coming up but if I was a Director I would make one big signing of a creative midfielder. Even if its an expensive loan signing for the rest of the season it might make all the difference. Speculate to accumulate as they say :)
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:08 pm

To be honest, as I have said before, if a team that cant buy a win need something, they must love playing Accies. Narrow win for Hearts, with BR saying our boys gave it their all.

With the ongoing issue of the size of our crowds, I don t think it would bother our BOD if we got relegated and I believe their mindset is just that. Why waste money bringing in someone, the team are going down

Sorry to be negative just being realistic
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:35 pm

Brian Rice has sucked any positivity out of us all and 99.9% of Accies fans expect us to lose these games now same as during the latter days of Canning's era.

We could always be relied on to fight our way to a big result but St.Mirren game was worrying as we never matched the effort and application of our opponents.Big Oggy didn't like the physical challenge while Moyo is a waste of space with his half hearted challenges.I would rather see young Winter get 20 minutes,as he gets stuck in and not afraid to shoot.

Crowd is too quiet also.Time for Section A and the rest of us to roar the team on as Hearts and St.Johnstone will have vocal away supports.

He has three games to save his job...maybe two.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:33 pm

But therein lies the point, yeoldehamilton, he’ll simply never go. Look at how long it took the BOD to get rid of Martin.

As Private Fraser once said, we’re doomed.

Although I do stand to be corrected by a spirited Accies performance on Saturday. With any luck...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:23 pm

Young Winters was punting programmes v st mirren so that’s how far down the pecking order Rice thinks he is
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:10 pm

aldoaccie wrote:But therein lies the point, yeoldehamilton, he’ll simply never go. Look at how long it took the BOD to get rid of Martin.

As Private Fraser once said, we’re doomed.

Although I do stand to be corrected by a spirited Accies performance on Saturday. With any luck...

Remember that from memory, MC was on a rolling contract of one year. So when he was finally let go, he had to be paid up for those 12 months, or less by mutual agreement.

BR was appointed on 31 January 2019, let's say 11 months ago, and on a 30 months contract. Simple arithmetic says that's 19 months still to run. So why would any of us walk away from a legal contract and loose 19 months pay? It's a no brainer!!

Should the BOD terminate BR's contract they have to find the money to pay home off. We are NOT Man U or Chelsea who can afford to carry that cost against huge TV income. Accies will have Brian, regardless of which Division we are in until the end of Season 2020/21 which is the end of BR's contract.

Whether we can suffer what we now see on the park for that length of time remains to be seen. I, too, would prefer the attacking in your face play that we saw at the start of his tenure, than what has been currently on offer. No doubt, injuries to key signings e.g. Alston, may have impacted, but it is what is is, regardless of the mumping that's going on now here.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:15 pm

Why would the Bod give a guy with no managerial 1st team experience in his 50’s ffs a 2 and 1/2 year deal is madness we deserve all we get
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:54 pm

No Jesus in the team now,so who will be our "Saviour" tomorrow.

What a game this was and what a noise after the goals.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4yakXHgqIO8&t=6s
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:07 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:No Jesus in the team now,so who will be our "Saviour" tomorrow.

What a game this was and what a noise after the goals.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4yakXHgqIO8&t=6s

When we had a bit of atmosphere and a probably a better team.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby porcupine » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:54 pm

Great clip, YOH.

Other than Jesus, i dont think we've ever had an Accies player that could ping a 60 yard pass to another Accies player.
Still only 29 and wiithout a club. "Sad, so Sad" as President Chump would say.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:18 am

We’ve got to give it everything tomorrow surely.
We are, in my opinion, a better team than this time last year and I’m sure we can beat Hearts.
Has everyone forgotten how middle of the road we were for decades?
St Mirren fans are up for it. Are we? I’m not so sure!
It would be sensational to get another season in the top flight but it will take a monumental effort from everyone. If you want us to fail it might be an easier route.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:14 pm

Ignore the post above.
Christmas night oot.
Morning after and I’m depressed and negative now.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:37 pm

We’ve got to give it everything tomorrow surely.
We are, in my opinion, a better team than this time last year and I’m sure we can beat Hearts.

Ignore the post above.
Christmas night oot.
Morning after and I’m depressed and negative now.

I like your drunken posts better Bluesy :) :)

Well I didnt see that coming especially the way Hearts started the game and I was happy to get in at half time with the score at 0 - 0. Admittedly Oakley had 2 chances in the first half. Not sure how he headed past the post with the first one when it looked easier to score but the second was a half chance so no blame there. Second half they couldnt handle Miller who scored a peach and set up the second with an amazing cross. Not sure how Collar got man of the match, I thought it had miller’s name on it all day long. His best match in an accies shirt since he faded last January. Wimbledon must have had a scout in the stand ;) Overall a really great and unexpected 3 points from a solid team performance. We are off the bottom and go into the St johnstone match with surely some confidence. Thought the referee was poor today failing to get a grip on a lot of diving from hearts and a few fouls.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm

Can't quite believe Miller didn't win MOTM, never mind his great goal, he deserved it for that amazing cross! I did think to myself at 0-0 that Collar was playing well but I would have put him second to Mickel. Thought it was turgid stuff in the first half. I get that Rice probably wants it to be safety first initially but there's something to be said about starting a match on the front foot. Still, it worked out. Can we win two in a row?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies