Next 3 games

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Next 3 games

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:09 pm

Hearts, st Johnstone at home and Motherwell away before the split. We should be hoping for at least 4 points from these games.

Hearts and st Johnstone have games in hand over us and will be 10 plus points clear of us come the end of the season.

The 3 clubs who I thought would be close to use, st. Mirren Livingston and Ross co are 3,7,8 points in front of us.

It could be a dog fight between us and st. Mirren but judging from last week they are miles in front of us.

Not looking good.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: Next 3 games

Postby smc4761 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:40 pm

We have had 6 years in top division, sometimes scrapping by but we did it.

As we start to get left behind in league and continue playing crap football, crowds will dwindle even more. We will then float around championship for several years and hopefully we dont do a Falkirk
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Can't remember in those last six seasons when we were bottom at Christmas, so some 'statto' might give us the answer?

Said it last season that our days in the sun looked to be over then we rallied one more time. Somehow. I think that it looks more ominous than ever before.

Yeah, I know, it's all doom and gloom, but the facts of 12 points from 18 games played seem to speak for themselves, with no change in personell happening in January.

2 Points, at best, from next three games, forecast from me. :cry:

On a positive note, it's a long time since we have been at Arbroath, and probably a first for many of our younger supporters.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:13 pm

smc4761 wrote: hopefully we dont do a Falkirk

And just look at Berwick Rangers now, 12th out of 16 teams in the Lowland League :shock: :shock:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:30 pm

This is our season for relegation. And alas, we all know it.

It could be worse though. We could have a buffoon as Prime Minister.

Oh.....
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Just home.
That was tough to watch.
I really can’t understand how Beck gets the nod in front of Oggie, Davies etc.
Worried now but hopefully Gogic and Smith will be back.
Depressed and knackered....

...it’s only Hearts next week, then pishy St Johnstone/ both at home :D
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:40 pm

Call me cynical Bluesy, but Beck says he wants to see his loan extended but only if he gets more game time and lo and behold he comes on against Aberdeen.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:05 pm

That’s what I thought at the time.
He’s murder- send him back!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:12 am

Hearts next week. Now let me think, a team really struggling that need a result.

St Johnstone Not won a league game all season, play Accies

St Midden, not won away from home all season , play Accies

A Hibs side that were worse than woeful all season , play Accies

Who could they possibly be playing. Hearts will think all their Christmases have come at once
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:51 am

6 points from the 2 home games or we are down fact.

As always a team on a bad run in Hearts will get their result they need next week.

Rice out.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:05 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Call me cynical Bluesy, but Beck says he wants to see his loan extended but only if he gets more game time and lo and behold he comes on against Aberdeen.

I don’t rate Beck either but he’s been scoring week in week out for the reserves and in a side that has zero goal threat from midfield I don’t think it’s a huge issue giving him a shot.

I’d settle for 4 points from the next 2 home games as long as the win is against StJohnstone but at the moment that seems unlikely.

7 days for Rice to do what he hasn’t succeeded to do in 5 months and find a formation, settled starting 11 and a style of play.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stodmeister » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:25 pm

Bluesy wrote:That’s what I thought at the time.
He’s murder- send him back!

Has Beck actually been given much first team football? Seems to have scored a few goals recently in the Reserves so why not give him a go.

My big issue is the constant tinkering with the team line up, not helped by our appalling discipline record and injuries. Have we actually to play the same team 3 weeks in a row? if we have it must be few and far between.

We need a bit of stability and creativity in the midfield and lets pick a striker partnership to work together.

There's a lot of responsibility put on Lewis Smith's shoulders but even he is ineffective when the ball is simply booted up field.

I think there's more fight in this team than Martin's team but patience with the fans is running out as we can't seem to buy a win.

Hearts are a shambles at the moment but they'll be rubbing their hands playing us our track record dictates that when teams can't buy a win it all changes when they play us. St.Johnstone look to have more about them than us and I'm afraid we may well be ripped up for arse paper when we go to Fir Park.

Hoping for at least 4 points in the next 3 games , but believe we need 4 but will probably get 1.

Would love to be proved wrong.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:58 pm

There's not been one of us posting who have been bullish about our survival chances, and I am no exception. Where BR has announced that we are signing no-one in January, could the BOD also have accepted that any additional expenditure is throwing good money after bad (Greshams Law!) and that we will either survive or fall on what players we have?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:36 pm

I can't see us picking up 1 point in these 3 games. Unless we get a couple of good signings in January I can't see us getting to 20 points for the season.
Gav
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:49 pm

Before the break last December we had 14 points which bizarrely we could surpass however Dundee had 10 points and burst, st mirren had 12 points so they’re already 3 better off and getting better each week under Goodwin, we’re going backwards.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Euan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:42 am

I’d been looking up the table prior to the St Mirren game as we’d had some decent performances in narrow defeats and only missed out on points due to last minute goals. I naively thought once we get this sorted we’ll catch Livi and County and was aiming for 7th spot.
I now fear the worst. If we don’t get at least 4 points from the next two games against the second and third bottom teams, at home, then we are definitely going down.
I’ll be there on Saturday, hopefully to see us beat a desperate Hearts, but if we do I’ll be pleasantly surprised.
As for the Motherwell game, if we’re still on our winless run at that point we’ll get hammered.
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:28 pm

As far as it goes now,he has two games to save his job as we could be eight/nine points behind the rest after the Motherwell game.Thus,nothing less than four points next two games or replace him even before the game at Fir Park and let a new guy get that game and hopefully a few signings-even on loan-in in the window.

Thoroughly depressed as this lot can raise their game versus the Old Firm but can't match the effort and application of a mediocre St.Mirren team.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:24 pm

It's not going to happen, YOH! BR is still on an original contract of 2.5 years. No way, can we afford to pay him off with nearly 2 years still to go, and pay another manager at the same time. Nor, are we likely to recruit anyone in January for the same financial reasons.

The squad we have is the one that will either pull us out of this downward spiral, or relegate us. I totally agree that they are capable of raising their game against the Old Firm, but it's the teams around us that they are incapable of beating, unless Saturday brings a miracle three points.

We're Accies supporters, and live more in hope than expectation from season to season. Just don't expect any new faces in your Christmas stocking for the January window. :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Well Kilmarnock dont hang about :o Thats Allessio sacked and Killie are sitting 5th. Still expect Brian to be here to the season end at least.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:11 pm

porcupine wrote:
We're Accies supporters, and live more in hope than expectation from season to season. Just don't expect any new faces in your Christmas stocking for the January window. :lol:

I concur.
Stodmeister
Championship

Next

Return to The Accies