Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. St. Mirren - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. St. Mirren - MATCH THREAD

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:15 am

Judging by Midden fans’ comments on social media they offered nothing against Motherwell last night and quite a few left before full time so fed up were they with their teams' performance. We on the other hand made a game of it last night but still left with nothing. Given we are now a point worse off compared to the same time last season under Canning 3 points are an absolute must. I am not confident a draw seems more likely result. Hopefully Davies is back and was left out last night to ensure he is available. Hunt back in to the midfield? and Southwood to keep his place in goals.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:22 am

I honestly think that we’ll royally hump them.
There, I said it.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:02 am

I don't know about bringing Hunt back in simply because Collar and Martin were fantastic last night.

Like aldoaccie I am confident
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:08 am

I was thinking on Hunt returning because perhaps Collar having returned from injury might not be upto another demanding game so soon. But if you were there and both Martin/Collar had good performances then by all means dont change the midfield. You were correct Bluesy that you didnt think we would get humped so I am going to trust your judgement that this is a win for rice’s red and white army :D
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby shotts56 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:45 pm

Martin and Collar were superb last night, you cant drop either of them. Martin was finding a lot of space and driving forward well, and Collar had his best game by far in an Accies shirt.
shotts56
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:43 pm

No wins in 10 games. Playing OK at times but getting nothing in return. Playing one of our rivals who had not won away from home all season. Pretty much sums our season.

We have won 2 games out of 17--is that any better than Canning ?

Think this year will finally be the year we go down. I blame the pundits as for the first time ever, none of them had predicted we would go down
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:51 pm

Utter dross - couldnt tell what, if any, the tactics were supposed to be. Keeper got MOTM, which I suppose is fair as he kept the scoreline down to one - the ten men in front of Southwood looked like they were all in the huff with each other and weren't passing. One of the worst accies performances ive seen since the Canning days.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:25 pm

Woeful, nothing in midfield. Surely Martin should have started and maybe Collar too. Prior to today, St Mirren hadn't picked up a single point away from home. Along come Accies. Just like at Perth. Where is Blair Alston? I don't buy papers but Accies Twitter never mentions him.

smc- FourFourTwo tipped us to finish bottom.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Well I think I see some green shoots of better performances e.g. first half Killie etc and then I watch 90 minutes against Livvie followed by another 90 against Midden and I realise that the reality is that this looks like it’s our season for the drop. Where do I start? Stubbs is going backwards, it was Gocics turn for a red card, Oggie isn’t really a forward, the depth to the squad is such there are no game changers on the bench and Brian doesn’t look like the answer. I like my away days and was looking forward to next week, a rare Saturday 3pm kickoff at Pittodrie. Not throwing my toys out of the pram the football is just not worth the expenditure.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:17 pm

Utter putrid trash today following on from the same against Livingston. Couldn't face Celtic Park in midweek because of that monstrosity of a performance so cannot take any comfort from nearly getting an unexpected point and in all fairness St Mirren could have hammered us today if they had taken their chances.

I'm not going to criticise the players just because they looked clueless, rudderless and tactic-less, as BR must shoulder the blame. Gone are his attacking philosophies and we are not any better to watch than when Canning was equally as incompetent last season. We had to replace him then and while I supported BR and his intent after he was appointed, I just cannot see that in his current decision making at all. If we try to win and get beat then hey ho, but when trying to get a draw results in a defeat then it is just not the correct policy. Either BR returns to what he espouses and sets us up to win or he's just in the way and can go and jump in the sea :evil:
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:07 pm

An utterly miserable day in Hamilton.

The weather was shi£e, too.

Now is the time for us to plan for life in the second tier of Scottish fitba. For years we have rode our luck, but this year will be our last in the SPFL. Simples.

Rice is not upto the challenge. In any league.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies