Celtic v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Celtic v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:11 pm

Jumping the gun Admin, there is the little matter of Wednesday nights’ game at Parkhead before the Midden. That said I won’t be there although nothing stopping me going. Not paying nonsense money to watch what looks like another 4/5 - 0 drubbing while subject to dogs abuse from a bunch of Neanderthal fans.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Celtic v Accies

Postby Bluesy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:54 pm

I don’t think it will necessarily be a drubbing however we’ve got no chance of taking anything from the game. That said I’ll probably nip along the M74 just in case.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:44 am

Celtic will have one eye on Sunday's Final while we will have one eye on Saturday v St.Mirren which equates to both sides playing squad players.

I would keep the same defence if possible, although Easton may not be able to play three games a week,so perhaps it may be Stubbs and either Jamie Hamilton or Fjortoft.

Midfield may see a few changes:Collar,Martin and perhaps Cunningham for Lewis Smith here with Ogympoe getting another 60+ minutes even although he has been way off the pace.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:12 pm

Edouard likely to be rested for Sunday but that could mean Griffiths starts and he’s got a good record against us. Hopefully Elonoussi missing too but their backup attacking options are good in Johnston, Morgan, Rogic etc.
Realistically if we can keep the score to 2-0, with them needing goals to stay ahead of Rangers, we’re doing well.
Much more important game on Saturday, so better to ensure key players are fit while not risking a thrashing, difficult choices for Rice.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 pm

Panicking now!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:33 pm

Holy shit Batman!!!!
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:35 pm

Oh ffs
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:59 am

I hardly know where to start on this one.
We played football and went toe to toe with Celtic at Celtic Park.
That is as good a performance as I've seen Accies put in at Celtic Park (up there with 2014 when Celtic were a much weaker team in my opinion).
If the SPL had VAR we could have won the game. I understand the referee being uncertain but the linesman was bang in line (as were the accies fans).
It did look like a push by Griffiths just before the deciding goal.
I hate VAR but would have loved it last night.
Absolutely devastated at the end however really pleased with the way we played.
It's hard to pick out top performers because they all played well however Gogic was again fantastic and when Lewis Smith gets going and starts running at defences it is something special.
Well done Brian Rice last night. As bad as it was last Saturday at Livingston this was a real statement of how we can play when we go for it because that back 4 are rock solid.
If we play like that on Saturday we'll have nothing to worry about.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:30 pm

Bluesy, unfortunately I watched the full game live on Celtic tv and I’m not sure we went toe to toe with Celtic.

Granted we showed more attacking ambition than the dross served up most weeks and especially against Livingston but that’s only because Celtic were pouring forward from both sides which left them short When it broke down and when we countered.

If Celtic were 5 up before we equalised I wouldn’t have been complaining.

Being unlucky as you suggest means nothing if we come away from paisley with 0 on Saturday, st mirren won’t afford us the same space on the counter
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby AlMac » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:29 pm

We would definitely come away from Paisley with 0 on Saturday, because we're at home... ;)
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gav » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Hard enough to get a decision there without Alan Muir being in charge. He hates us and gives dreadful decisions against us every game he is our ref.
Gav
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:27 am

Big Wurzil wrote:Bluesy, unfortunately I watched the full game live on Celtic tv and I’m not sure we went toe to toe with Celtic.

Granted we showed more attacking ambition than the dross served up most weeks and especially against Livingston but that’s only because Celtic were pouring forward from both sides which left them short When it broke down and when we countered.

If Celtic were 5 up before we equalised I wouldn’t have been complaining.

Being unlucky as you suggest means nothing if we come away from paisley with 0 on Saturday, st mirren won’t afford us the same space on the counter

I suppose Wurzil, the game is all about opinions and sometimes you do get a different perspective of the game on TV. I may have red and white tinted specs and we may also have a different view on the term toe to toe however...

I could take on Anthony Joshua toe to toe and get a skelping or I could sit right back and dodge around the ring (and obviously still get a skelping). When I looked at our midfield, we were very advanced and Martin, Collar and Gogic were after their midfield, repeatedly breaking up their play and creating opportunities. I have never seen us do this at Celtic Park (in around 20 visits). This reminded me of our second half performance against Celtic at home when Blair Alston repeatedly stole the ball from them. In my opinion we were obviously second best but we took them on, toe to toe, in their own backyard. After the abject performance at Livingston (where ironically we actually got a good point) I was quite frankly blown away by our organisation and ambition at Celtic Park.

I would certainly have been complaining if they had been 5-0 up as they only had 5 shots on target (including the goal that came after ours) in the whole match, which incidentally was the same as us.

I do agree that it means nothing if we don't take points from our rivals however it did give me renewed hope after the terrible performance a few days earlier.

Incidentally I thinkj Johnny Vegas will take on Joshua toe to toe and give him a skelping tomorrow night.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:14 pm

Accies created more chances on Wednesday and gave them a harder game than any at home this season they have had from other SPL teams who have rolled over.

Those lads have put in good performances recently and we don't have the points we deserve.Granted the Old Firm let you play unlike our relegation rivals, but we have nothing to fear from any other side we will come up against this month.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies