Defence

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Defence

Postby porcupine » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:22 pm

Stating the obvious, perhaps, but looking at the full table of th BBC website, we are scoring the same number of goals as most of the other teams mid-table and below, but leaking far, far more than the others. Yet, on paper, do we not have defenders that should be doing far better??

Discuss?
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Defence

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:39 pm

porcupine wrote:Yet, on paper, do we not have defenders that should be doing far better??

Discuss?

No. We still lack what we’ve lacked since the end of last season- An experienced (out and out) Centre half.

Easton is probably on par with Ziggy but like Ziggy he doesn’t look completely comfortable playing CB. His fitness/injuries are also an issue.

Hamilton despite a couple of good games isn’t ready to be playing week in week out in this league as evidenced by Brophy ragdolling him at Killie.

Stubbs is our best defender but still lacks experience.

Want, McKenna and Fjortoj are on par in the fact none of them are really good enough for this league.

Another issue is the lack of any cover at either full back position and that McGowan isn’t actually as good as a lot of fans think he is.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby porcupine » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:48 pm

Mmmm! Plenty there for further discussion? ;)
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:02 pm

We do really need an experienced centre half who would be able to help bring on our young players , Easton is not a centre half.

Even with what we have got we have not had much continuity in the team that being down to due to injury, suspension or just simple team selection.I think McMann has come on well from last couple of seasons probably because Dougie is not shouting at him but McGowan seems a shadow of last season's player , granted he has been injured.

The plus point is that we are scoring goals and in that respect I feel more positive about the rest of the season. Miller seems to be coming on to a game again following his injury and Davis looks great.

Without injuries and suspensions we have a decent team / squad , the addition of a experienced centre half would be great but I've a feeling that may not happen.

It's far better now watching the current team than the one which Martin left , I think we'll come good.
Stodmeister
Championship

Return to The Accies