Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:19 pm

No idea what the team will look like given now 2 suspensions and no update re injuries although I got this from the BBC website:-

“Hamilton Academical defender Ciaran McKenna will be sidelined until the new year after knee surgery. (Daily Express, print edition)”

On the basis that Brian hasn’t shown any sign of how to thwart either of the Old Firm, Im expecting another 4/5 - 0 defeat. Going to give it a miss and enjoy, if that’s the right word, the proceedings from the comfort of my living room courtesy of BT.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Hopefully Alston, McGowan and Oggie are all back (we won't know until about 11 am on Sunday probably). Stubbs will be a huge loss.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:23 am

Not sure if Collar was sent off in a reserve game last week as he would have been in contention.

Big issues here are who to play in central defence/midfield.Putting Gogic into defence makes the midfield weaker, although he may do this and play McKinnon/Hunt and a creative player in a three man central midfield.Alternatively,Fjortoft could come into defence to match up physically against Morelos.

Other issue is do we play one up front with Big Steve on his own with support from Lewis Smith/Mikel Miller?

Finally,this would surely be a game to try out Southwood although for me all our Keepers are average whoever we play.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Euan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:02 am

Even Fulton with his injuries would make me more confident than the current goalkeeper.
I’d like to see Southwood given a chance here. As an England youth WC player he must be mentally strong and have ability. It’s a chance for him to make a name for himself (for the right reasons).
Fjortoff or Hamilton in for Stubbs and keep Gogic in midfield.
Davies to start.
Euan
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:45 pm

We will give them too much respect and stand off them. With our defence having more holes than an Eastenders plot and them in goal scoring form, expect at least a 0-4

Then again these games are not going to define our season. Just hope we dont lose a shedload of goals and bugger up our goals against
smc4761
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:02 pm

We expect nothing from this and so it’ll go one of two ways. Either a drubbing or a sterling performance but inevitably a marginal defeat.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:08 pm

Southwood in goal today, and 17 year old at centre of defence up against Defoe. Easton not fully fit but playing. Its gonna end in tears
smc4761
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:21 pm

Well that was a bit of a surprise but bottom line is we still lost.

A number of positives, young lad Hamilton was excellent, Defoe did not get a kick of ball all game. Easton looked solid, maybe slightly at fault for 3rd goal maybe he injured himself as he got the ball initially. Smith looked composed Gogic was solid and up front Davies was excellent.

Miller overall was OK apart from that sitter

Big Marios was dreadful. Oakley was OK but starved of service

We showed a bit of belief in 2nd half. If we had shown them less respect maybe outcome would be different

In the end class showed, Kent goal was superb and in first half especially Ryan Jack ran the midfield
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:50 pm

I’m only going to mention the positives. Wasnt the 4/5 nil defeat i was expexting indeed the scoreline flattered rangers to an extent. Good to see players back after injury and Big Easton looked good back in defence. Good to see Southwoood get his chance and I wouldnt blame him for any of the 3 goals. He made a couple of excellent saves in the first half and I would persevere with him. Good to see lewis get that goal. His first attempt was blocked but he persevered and got there in the end and a mention to big Davies whose header down into the box started that goal. Overall Davies was my man of the match. A positive also our second half when we actaully took the game to them for large spells. if I was in the accies dressing room today I would be thinking bring Livingstone on.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Very positive. Very impressed. Very disappointed at the end.

I’ll not start on home end infiltration...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:22 pm

Disappointed to lose after the second half performance. 2-2 would have been a fair result. Having seen the Miller miss again, he’d have scored 99/100 times given the chance again, unbelievable as he had a good game otherwise.
Confident that we’re putting a good team together and will move up the table eventually.
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:00 am

An injury and suspension hit Accies did what I wanted:take the game to them and make up for the previous two embarrassing displays against Rangers.

We deserved a draw with the only failure being an obviously unfit Ogympoe.Yes,we might now be joint bottom but the second half versus Ross County,Killie(prior to sending off and Keeper howlers) and today shows we can get out of this if we continue to play attacking football.

Time for the stay away fans to come back.We have been decent last three games and the excuse of turgid football won't wash if we keep this up.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:24 pm

I'm filled with renewed hope after the last 3 games. Please please keep playing this attacking football as it is so good to watch. I agree that big Oggie just wasn't ready yet however I can see why he was put in there (Gouldson doesn't like a physical battle). Lewis Smith really looked a class above most of the Rangers team in the second half and I hope he's not injured. I was disappointed with the end result however the performance was excellent.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:13 am

really happy with the performance put in by the whole team, theres just a difference in quality between the two sides, however accies did put on a show themselves which was great to see. Scoreline flattered Rangers in my opinion , 2-1 was a better reflection but i'd rather we lose by 3 through trying to score and make a go of it than sit back and lose anyway.
The most disapointing aspect for me was the amount of away fans in the home stand among the home fans, it seems to be a bigger problem with rangers than celtic, maybe celtic fans show more decorum when sitting in the oppositions stand but I think Accies were lucky not to have an incident or two, especially after that 3rd goal went in. Some home fans being physically restrained due to the celebrations and goading. Seen that a few times now and it makes for a very unpleasant atmosphere. I dont know what the solution is but whatever the club are trying to do about it is so far inaffective and a better approach is needed, before an incident does occur and the club get penalised.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies