Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Kilmarnock .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:03 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kilmarnock .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Gav » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Unless McGowan, Easton, Alston and Oggy are back we are going to get gunbed.
Gav
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Would have to agree with you Gav but the only qualifier is that strangely our second half performance against County saw some our best football of the season upto the point we made substitutions so Brian has some interesting decisions to make. Does Davies have a role to play from the beginning and can he finally accept that Hughes in particular isnt good enough as this level?. Collar has apparently reappeared playing for the reserves so is he fit for midfield? Worth the trip for the accies badged empire biscuits :)
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:15 pm

Ticketing arrangements as per SLO tweet

Tickets will be on sale at Rugby Park on Saturday. KFC do not have cash turnstiles but our fans can purchase a ticket (CASH only) from the reception at our Fitness Centre on Rugby Rd directly behind the “Away” stand. Tickets on sale from 2.00pm.

and prices from Accies website

Admission prices for our fans on Saturday are:-

Adults £20
16-21, over 65s, full time students with current matric card £15
under 16 £5
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Euan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:07 pm

RE Hughes and any young players; the only way to see if he’s good enough is to give him a run in the team and judge over 5-6 games.
Hughes does have discipline and holds his position well but unfortunately doesn’t do much else.
It’s probably someone else’s turn. I’d like to see Cunningham get an extended run and Minmaugh is due another go after being in the team towards the end of last year. Hamilton also deserves his chance.
The problem for us is if someone comes in and isn’t up to it then the team suffers and we drop points. Maybe that why we seem to do it in games we’re expecting to lose anyway, rather than field our strongest team, which can be frustrating.
Anyway as long as we continue to develop players and can stay in the top league, the overall plan is working.
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:06 pm

Hughes and Cunningham are bit- part players at most at this level and playing both of them plus Lewis Smith in midfield leaves us overrun as has happened plenty times this season.

McKinnon not the player he was(time catches up with us all)so Gogic,Martin,Alston and Lewis Smith look to be out best midfield with perhaps Collar and the up and coming Andrew Winters also now above Cunningham/Hughes who have had their chances since the start of the Betfred Cup.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Once again we cannot hang on to a lead and another 2 points lost. In our defence it could be argued that as we played for an hour with 10 men away from home, it was a point gained.

Too many draws though and still losing too many goals.

Millers goal was a contender for goal of season a 30 yard screamer and Davies goal was also decent
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:42 pm

How many sendings off is that now? Martin and Stubbs missing for the Rangers match so we must hope Easton, Alston and McGowan are back.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:55 pm

Dont expect to get anything from the bigot brothers so rather Stubbs was missing from that one as opposed to one of the diddy teams
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:42 pm

Rice must have listened to me giving Davies a start and dropping Hughes! But to the game, given we played 60+ minutes with 10 men on this occasion I’m not sure I agree re failing to onto a lead. After our second went in I was expecting 3 points and going into half time at 0 - 0 I still thought we could still pull off a win. Then ‘Own von Goal’ has another of his howlers and lets Killie back in. Second half given we conceded fairly early I was pleased we held out. But at the end of the days it’s 1 not 3 and Hibs/Hearts game back with a bang. Positives the quality of our goals from Miller and Davies, Hunt and holding out for a point.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:46 pm

A good performance and we would have won if "Careless Hands" hadn't given them a glimmer of hope before half-time-even with Ten men for 60+ minutes.

We have to take into consideration also McKinnon and Hunt who ended up as our midfield haven't played 90 minutes for four months.Add in Stubbs/Martin,Alston,Easton,McGowan and Ogympoe and that was us without six definite starters.

We can match thec Livvy's,Ross County's and Kilmarnock's never mind worrying about the two Saints below us.

Still feels like two points dropped but our fans clapped the players off the pitch.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:49 pm

Had to miss this one but it looks like a point gained away, given one hour with 10 men and both Daz and Hunt rusty with little game time in recent weeks.

I said last week that I thought OFW flaps at too many balls and that Southwood should be given a start, He has looked more than capable in reserve games and with us expecting nothing from Sevco a week on Sunday, it might be the opportunity to see what Southwood is made of against the Morelos of this world. As a playing member of the Engerland World Cup Squad he clearly has competence, although I dont want his confidence to be wrecked, but OFW seems to spill balls every game. Last week's gift to Ross County for their first goal is a good example where he could have pushed it anywhere else other than to the only County player near him.

With a squad of fit players, we can compete with those around us and grind out three points from them all.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby adriansprott » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:27 am

Fancied us to get the win if we’d held on to half time at 2-0. Thought Hamilton was getting turned over by Brophy from the start , he’s a talent but I’d be starting Fjortoft at the minute . At the sending off , thought BR have put on Fjortoft but chose to drop Gogic to defence and bring on Daz. Given that Gogic is probably on form one of the best midfielders in the country I’d have brought on Fjortoft when Stubbs got sent off ( didn’t help my blood pressure when Daz got a stupid early booking ). Happy with the eventual point , OFT put his hands up to us at half time to acknowledge his howler but really feel that GK is a problem for us right now .
adriansprott
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:14 am

For me, the culprit for the first goal last week was Cunningham but he doesn't get mentioned. Easy to blame the keeper but I'm not sure what else he could have done with it. He was at full stretch and the defence was slow to react, unlike McKay.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 am

I would actually blame OFW 100% for the first goal and 50% for the second. He simply isn’t good enough for the premier league. Fair enough he held his hand up (literally) to take the blame for the first goal however it’s every week now.
For me, the bigger picture is that we are proving that we are capable of playing much better (I have some hope now).
Agree that Hamilton lost the battle with Brophy and that lead to the sending off. Tempted to stick with him though and hope he learns from it.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:11 am

Forgot to say, I love having Miller and Smith starting with 2 up top. Despite having so many missing through injury I got a boost when I saw that yesterday.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Saw the highlights on Sportscene and Killie first goal OFW defo badly at fault. He flapped a bit at 2nd goal but defence should have done better on 2nd ball

To be fair he did pull off some decent saves in 2nd half to ensure we got a point. The save from Simeon Jackson in particular meant we got a point
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies