Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

St. Mirren .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:00 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: St. Mirren .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bluesy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:02 pm

This is such a big game so early in the campaign.
I am hopeful that we’ll play 2 up front with smith Alston Collar and Gogic in midfield. If we do I’m pretty confident that we can win this.
Perhaps Davies and Miller will make a return to the bench.
Hopefully a decent turnout
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:22 pm

What Bluesy said.

No point a good performance versus Celtic second half and then throwing it away next two games.A six pointer this early in the season and it would put a markr down winning away from home against a rival.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:06 am

Looks like £22 and £12 concessions. Usual stuff buy a ticket at front office first for their barcode turnstiles.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:41 am

They do a family deal for home fans. Bloody annoying that they dont do it for away fans.

Still, i’ll be there and am expecting us to get 3 points...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:27 pm

Was there not something the SPFL said that there should be no higher prices for away fans than home fans??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:05 pm

Probably, but the ‘deal’ was only in the family section and so perhaps normal prices would subsist for the remaining parts of the ground.

Either way, going along with my daughter will cost me nigh on 60 quid after you factor in train costs, entrance fees, lunch and a couple of pints. Its a working mans pasttime of course...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Of course!

A perfectly acceptable outlay for a day out at the football in Scotland, according to Neil Doncaster. Wonder when was the last time he actually paid himself in to a football ground? :oops:

At least the Celtic support brought something worth watching with that banner about "affordable pricing" etc.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Missing this game as on holiday. As has been said no point coming off the Celtic game feeling positive if we can’t take something from this game. 3 points please. Hopefully McGowan back and we can start to see a settled back four (Highly unlikely I know) Think it’s too soon for Martin or Davies but I think Oggie and Oakley up front.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:26 pm

Tomorrow admission

Tickets to be purchased from the away ticket office at St Mirren Park on match day

Adult £22
OAP (Over 65)£12
Full-Time Student£12
Child (under 18)£12Child (under 12)£6

There is also the following

Renfrewshire Foodbank will be having a Foodbank Collection outside all stands of St.Mirren Park on Saturday and would greatly appreciate any donations that the supporters of Hamilton bring on the day. Thank you in anticipation.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:19 am

I’m sure st mirren could donate £1 from every inflated ticket price today and that would help considerably.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:34 pm

I’ll take that result. Disappointing away support though. Thought that there would have been more on such a glorious day.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:20 pm

True what aldoaccie says numbers wise, but quality wise the fans were the best we have been for ages cheering the ten men onto a well deserved point in warm conditions which sapped their energy.

I see that JacknDanny Goodwin having a go at Sam Stubbs about his Dad at the end of the game...classy as ever.
Last edited by YeOldeHamiltonian on Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:42 pm

We didn’t play much football, but the players deserved to be clapped off at the end for their efforts. Stubbs was immense at the back but whole team showed great determination. Nice day sitting down the front in the sunshine, glad I made the effort. I’d take a point in paisley any day, important not to lose.
Euan
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:58 pm

Saw Euan in his car on the way home looking pretty pleased with himself :D

Agree with all he said. Team really battled for a defensive point, given the game being killed after the sending off. We should have nothing to fear from St Mirren. If they can't beat us with 10 men for 40 minutes, they should not be a threat in future games. We even had some attacking moves with 10 and a great fizzing shot from Blair, which we could see well hit from the generally poor vantage point behind goals. OFW was never really under constant pressure with the defence/team working their socks off.

Still to be convinced about Will Collar though. He must be sensational in training, but seems to be less committed than the rest of the lads.

St M will certainly see the result as two points lost. The old adage of "Win at home and Draw away" to be out of any relegation tussle, was never truer than Saturday.

Nice touch of our Chairman Allan Maitland going round the away stand before the game chatting to supporters.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Colombian Boffin » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:12 pm

porcupine wrote:Saw Euan in his car on the way home looking pretty pleased with himself :D

Agree with all he said. Team really battled for a defensive point, given the game being killed after the sending off. We should have nothing to fear from St Mirren. If they can't beat us with 10 men for 40 minutes, they should not be a threat in future games. We even had some attacking moves with 10 and a great fizzing shot from Blair, which we could see well hit from the generally poor vantage point behind goals. OFW was never really under constant pressure with the defence/team working their socks off.

Still to be convinced about Will Collar though. He must be sensational in training, but seems to be less committed than the rest of the lads.

St M will certainly see the result as two points lost. The old adage of "Win at home and Draw away" to be out of any relegation tussle, was never truer than Saturday.

Nice touch of our Chairman Allan Maitland going round the away stand before the game chatting to supporters.

Agree 100% - I enjoyed chatting to Allan M, and I enjoyed watching our defence in the 2nd half... I still keep thinking we're getting better and will do so. Next week is an immense game.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies